I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 01:00 AM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
[Re: Saving Private Ryan Clip]

No, GM, that would be the Bible Study on Wednesdays. Be there or be square! Just come on up the stairs. [Image: pickteeth.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gordon's post
23-12-2014, 01:42 AM
K.
Thnkx.

Bye, now.

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 02:45 AM
(22-12-2014 10:08 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 04:45 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Mr Gordon, what makes you different from the countless others throughout history (modern and otherwise) who have said that they had authority from God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and created the one true path for Christians to be closer to their god?

I don't know. [Image: dontknow2.gif]

Quote:I ask in all seriousness. I've met some who had amazing insight and wrote books. I even wrote and published some things (though I didn't think my message was anything all that special).

What did you write?

Quote:My point being every generation believes it to be the final generation and each has prophets. Why is yours any different?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think in history, there's ever been a time when a sect of Christianity chose only to follow Jesus Christ and nothing else (not the Old Testament, not Paul, Peter, James, John, the writer of Hebrews, etc.) I don't think there's ever been a truly pure "Jesus Christ" religion.

Also, no one has ever synthesized the Gospels that I know of. Also, we are living in the Second Coming--right at the very beginning of it. Actually it started in 1945, but we are still very much in the beginning of it.

So, a lot of people have preached that Christ was coming back, or that the apocalypse was about to occur, but I'm saying it's already here. That's why God has chosen to start a "Christ only" religion.

Thank you for asking and for being civil about it. [Image: handshake.gif]

Ed

You serious? Every man and his dog tries to start a new show based on Jeebus...

“Getting back to Jesus”
Over the centuries, people disillusioned with various Christian churches have branched off to form their own, so there are now over 34,000 Christian denominations in the world. Each “new” Church usually has spokesmen who claim that they want to “return” to the basics of the Gospels, to Jesus’ “original message.” An informed person cringes on hearing such talk, for many reasons.

Jesus’ divinity, his miracles and his injunctions are obviously fabricated. Dogma based on falsehood has no value.

It can be argued that Jesus’ teachings are not particularly meritorious, interesting or innovative. Many of Jesus’ injunctions were probably invented to suppress critical thought, stifle people’s individuality, and to discourage crowds from complaining.

Jesus’ fans all cherry pick and reinterpret what Jesus allegedly said, and that is not intellectually honest.

Gordon, as you seem intent on becoming famous by starting a new religion, try something original. Joseph Smith might be a good mentor for you. He invented his own book from scratch, and look at all the chicks he scored!Cool That could be you, Gordon... if you play your cards right.Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
23-12-2014, 04:04 AM
(22-12-2014 10:08 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Also, we are living in the Second Coming--right at the very beginning of it. Actually it started in 1945, but we are still very much in the beginning of it.

Maybe you should explain to us what you think the Second Coming is and why you think this.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
23-12-2014, 04:08 AM
(23-12-2014 04:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 10:08 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Also, we are living in the Second Coming--right at the very beginning of it. Actually it started in 1945, but we are still very much in the beginning of it.

Maybe you should explain to us what you think the Second Coming is and why you think this.

Think? That's quite the assumption you're making there, don't you think? Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
23-12-2014, 04:14 AM
(22-12-2014 10:21 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Christ is a spirit. Jesus Christ is a spirit. Not a physical person.

What exactly is a spirit? If your claim is correct then it must have an effect on the physical world around us otherwise you would not be aware of it. It must at least have had enough effect to fire some of your neurons.

Therefore it must be a form of energy.

How come no physicist has even been able to quantifiably measure this holy spirit or even be able to detect it?

Why can't we use it to perform work like power kitchen appliances?

How can this form of energy retain any complex pattern or order without the use of matter?

How can the Holy Spirit read know how to intelligently manipulate your neurons to provide you with the required information?

Using Occam's razor, which is the simplest explanation? That there is some undetectable form of energy that is ordered and complex without the aid of matter but which can intelligently manipulate the way your brain works? Or all this is a result of the internal workings of your own brain?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
23-12-2014, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 07:24 AM by Bucky Ball.)
*In my best Eleanor voice*
Franklin and I wish all of you a very happy holiday.
Eleanor (Roosevelt).

BTW, children, it's not possible to have a second coming, when there was no first coming, now is there ? So there's that pesky detail. So you best put on your thinking caps, and get to work and find us some proof that this Jebus person ever actually lived in the first place.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
23-12-2014, 07:24 AM
What kinda place is it where this is even a topic?

living word
23-12-2014, 07:26 AM
(22-12-2014 04:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I hate to write a post like this, because I'd rather just ignore it when people say it about me, but I also don't want the only thing out there to be the lies people say. I wan't at least one post that states my position on things.

I do not think I am Jesus Christ, or the reincarnation of Christ, or the second coming of Christ.

I think I am a type of Christian who follows the teachings of Jesus the best that I can. He's my teacher and my leader.

I am the inventor of Veridicanism. Veridicanism is a type of Christianity that stresses following only the teachings of Jesus Christ as they are found in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, the Gospel of Thomas, or in the synthesized form found in the Gospel version I wrote called, The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You can find out true information about Veridicanism only at the official website: http://veridican.com

That's my statement. Thanks for reading. Thumbsup

If you need a good price on hotels, check out priceline.com I am sure you can find a room at Bellview real cheap.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
23-12-2014, 09:11 AM
(22-12-2014 04:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  I hate to write a post like this, because I'd rather just ignore it when people say it about me, but I also don't want the only thing out there to be the lies people say. I wan't at least one post that states my position on things.

I do not think I am Jesus Christ, or the reincarnation of Christ, or the second coming of Christ.

I think I am a type of Christian who follows the teachings of Jesus the best that I can. He's my teacher and my leader.

I am the inventor of Veridicanism. Veridicanism is a type of Christianity that stresses following only the teachings of Jesus Christ as they are found in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, the Gospel of Thomas, or in the synthesized form found in the Gospel version I wrote called, The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

You can find out true information about Veridicanism only at the official website: http://veridican.com

That's my statement. Thanks for reading. Thumbsup

You're not Jesus? No shit.

Wait sorry, I misquoted you. You said you don't think you're Jesus. Well, from what I see, you don't think much at all. So again. No shit. Drinking Beverage

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post