Hate the belief, love the believer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 07:19 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
I don’t think I’m Hooper

[Image: threesome-out-to-sea-1.jpg]

...well, maybe just a little.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-12-2014, 07:22 PM
(23-12-2014 06:58 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why is a loving god always waging war? Jesus loves you but now he has to kill you.

Loving god = oxymoron

That's a fair question. But it's not just humans He's like that with. Have you ever watched the insect kingdom? I think he's a kind of gamer, and I don't know too many video games that are peaceful and loving.

And God doesn't love everyone. He loves humanity, as a whole, like I might love a rose garden. That doesn't mean I love each rose. I'll cut a wilting one off and throw it in the fire without thinking about it. But the ones that bloom the way I want them to; I'd do anything to keep them flourishing.

Where do people get the idea that God loves through unconditional indulging of our wants and pleasures? Where do we get the idea that God loves anyone other than His favorites?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 07:35 PM

*slowly backs away from crazy* Confused

23-12-2014, 07:40 PM
(23-12-2014 07:01 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 04:06 PM)Gordon Wrote:  You can find out true information about Veridicanism only at the official website: http://veridican.com

Thanks! Bowing

And signup is easy. That's a plus! Thumbsup

Now that's a sentiment I never thought I'd see.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
23-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I've been routinely called Jesus, Guy Jesus, or Baby Jesus by people at my work for years. I'm pretty sure I am Jesus so I'll let you know you'd be wrong if you thought you were

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
23-12-2014, 07:58 PM
(23-12-2014 07:50 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I've been routinely called Jesus, Guy Jesus, or Baby Jesus by people at my work for years. I'm pretty sure I am Jesus so I'll let you know you'd be wrong if you thought you were

That's what I'm saying. Big Grin

#sigh
23-12-2014, 09:23 PM
(23-12-2014 07:22 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Where do we get the idea that God loves anyone other than His favorites?

Don't ever have children.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
23-12-2014, 09:50 PM
That's good. I also don't think I'm Jesus Christ but from time to time I do think I'm Julius Caesar! It gets real rough when I cross a river. I can never seem to cross back over...
23-12-2014, 10:52 PM
I have a question.
Does god (still) love the people he sends to hell ?
It's for their own long term good, right ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.