I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(23-12-2014 09:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  That's good. I also don't think I'm Jesus Christ but from time to time I do think I'm Julius Caesar! It gets real rough when I cross a river. I can never seem to cross back over...

May I suggest The Medicinal Compound?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 11:32 PM
(23-12-2014 09:50 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  That's good. I also don't think I'm Jesus Christ but from time to time I do think I'm Julius Caesar! It gets real rough when I cross a river. I can never seem to cross back over...

So, why don't you, from time to time, think you're Moses? Then you can cross back without getting wet. Or if you do think you're Jesus, from time to time, you can walk across.

Consider

A thought has just occurred to me...

This guy:

[Image: St_Christopher.jpg]

So there must have been a time when Jesus couldn't walk on water.

What's all that about?

Dodgy

23-12-2014, 11:33 PM
(23-12-2014 10:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have a question.
Does god (still) love the people he sends to hell ?
It's for their own long term good, right ?

What do you care? Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2014, 11:38 PM
(23-12-2014 11:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

He cares because he's the kinda guy who expects a warm welcome and bug cuddle when he gets there.

Angel

24-12-2014, 12:05 AM
(23-12-2014 11:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

So, why don't you, from time to time, think you're Moses? Then you can cross back without getting wet. Or if you do think you're Jesus, from time to time, you can walk across.

Consider

A thought has just occurred to me...

This guy:

[Image: St_Christopher.jpg]

So there must have been a time when Jesus couldn't walk on water.

What's all that about?

Dodgy

How did he ever wash himself? Huh

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 04:47 AM
(23-12-2014 07:22 PM)Gordon Wrote:  And God doesn't love everyone. He loves humanity, as a whole, like I might love a rose garden. That doesn't mean I love each rose. I'll cut a wilting one off and throw it in the fire without thinking about it. But the ones that bloom the way I want them to; I'd do anything to keep them flourishing.

Where do people get the idea that God loves through unconditional indulging of our wants and pleasures? Where do we get the idea that God loves anyone other than His favorites?

So he's worse than a fascist government then. In civilised society we create a safety net for the aged, the poor and the disabled so they continue to survive. God just kills them.

We go to war against societies that aren't so civilised so the way you are describing God suggests that we wage war against him.

If God existed then the best thing humanity could do would be to side with Satan.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-12-2014, 04:54 AM
(23-12-2014 11:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

Thanks for yet again proving you religious idiots have no answers to anything.
Thumbsup

Stop orbiting and stalking me Gordo. You PROMISED ME you would never again respond to ANYTHING I wrote here. Stop making a liar of yourself. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-12-2014, 11:41 AM
(23-12-2014 07:22 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Where do people get the idea that God loves through unconditional indulging of our wants and pleasures? Where do we get the idea that God loves anyone other than His favorites?

Non-Veridican Christianity. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
24-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Gordon wrote:
Quote:I'm a nut job.

That's the first sensible thing I've seen from him.

And, BTW, didn't your Jesus have something to say about divorce? It's in the Gospels. Even printed in red in my copy of the NIV. Did this bit get edited out of the Vertiginous Gospel:
Quote:3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
24-12-2014, 12:07 PM
(24-12-2014 04:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:33 PM)Gordon Wrote:  What do you care? Drinking Beverage

Thanks for yet again proving you religious idiots have no answers to anything.
Thumbsup

Stop orbiting and stalking me Gordo. You PROMISED ME you would never again respond to ANYTHING I wrote here. Stop making a liar of yourself. Yes

Okay, BuckyBall. You said it. I asked you point blank in another post if you wanted me to stop responding to you, and you wouldn't answer. Now, you got it. Bye-bye. [Image: wavey.gif]