I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(24-12-2014 04:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So he's worse than a fascist government then. In civilised society we create a safety net for the aged, the poor and the disabled so they continue to survive. God just kills them.

We go to war against societies that aren't so civilised so the way you are describing God suggests that we wage war against him.

If God existed then the best thing humanity could do would be to side with Satan.

We don't keep anyone alive. You just don't get it. Maybe you're just too thick to get it. Just stick to not believing in God, because you don't seem capable of understanding the concept of God, even if only hypothetically assuming His existence.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2014, 12:14 PM
(24-12-2014 11:54 AM)dcobranchi Wrote:  Gordon wrote:
Quote:I'm a nut job.

That's the first sensible thing I've seen from him.

And, BTW, didn't your Jesus have something to say about divorce? It's in the Gospels. Even printed in red in my copy of the NIV. Did this bit get edited out of the Vertiginous Gospel:
Quote:3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

Yep. It's in the Veridican Gospel, too. So, sue me. Or be there on Judgment Day to accuse me--if you dare. Or maybe, just maybe, God will forgive me. He forgave David, didn't he? [Image: dontknow2.gif]
24-12-2014, 12:22 PM
(24-12-2014 12:10 PM)Gordon Wrote:  We don't keep anyone alive. You just don't get it. Maybe you're just too thick to get it. Just stick to not believing in God, because you don't seem capable of understanding the concept of God, even if only hypothetically assuming His existence.

So because you can't explain yourself you assume that people are thick.

Civilised society does keep people alive that would otherwise be unable to support themselves.

For example, in Britain the reverse is happening and this is leading to an uproar. The conservative led government has been bringing in cuts to incapacity benefits and this has led to 10,500 sick and disabled people dying within 6 weeks of their claim ending.

This is what you mean by your god pruning the wilted roses from his garden. Although instead of killing him he is sending them to Hell. Human society is more civilised than your god.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
24-12-2014, 12:28 PM
(24-12-2014 12:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Human society is more civilised than your god.

So what?
24-12-2014, 12:40 PM
(24-12-2014 12:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Yep. It's in the Veridican Gospel, too.
So the only Veridican in all of existence (and likely the only one there ever will be) can't even abide by the book he himself wrote? Why am I not surprised.

Out of curiosity there Gordon, did the part about selling all your worldly possessions make it into your special book of crazy or did that get left out?

(24-12-2014 12:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Or be there on Judgment Day to accuse me--if you dare.
No such thing, grow up shit head.

(24-12-2014 12:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Or maybe, just maybe, God will forgive me. He forgave David, didn't he?
No he won't and no he did not, because he does not exist. I mean unless you can demonstrate that he does.....

Grow up shit head.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
24-12-2014, 12:41 PM
(24-12-2014 12:28 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Human society is more civilised than your god.

So what?

You knowingly and willingly worship a god less civilised than human society.

Civilisation has come about through progress. By trying to get people to worship a god that is less civilised than human society you are trying to revert the progress that has been made and remove the benefits that come with it.

This is one of the fundamental reasons why the number of people following Christianity is dropping. It is also why your Veridicanism will also fail.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
24-12-2014, 12:50 PM
(24-12-2014 12:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Yep. It's in the Veridican Gospel, too. So, sue me. Or be there on Judgment Day to accuse me--if you dare. Or maybe, just maybe, God will forgive me. He forgave David, didn't he? [Image: dontknow2.gif]

First, judge you for what? Getting divorced? Why should I care?

Second, there's no such thing as Judgment Day outside of Terminator movies.

I just thought it interesting that the prophet wouldn't even be qualified to be a deacon, according to Paul.
24-12-2014, 12:55 PM
(24-12-2014 12:40 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So the only Veridican in all of existence (and likely the only one there ever will be) can't even abide by the book he himself wrote? Why am I not surprised.

I too am rewriting the gospels. But my version will be set to music. I will rearrange the order, as I went camping and Jebus spoke to me.
Instead of the beginning of John, "In the beginning was the word ... bla bla", Jebus tole me "The Bird is the Word". I have proof.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
24-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Quote:Jebus tole me "The Bird is the Word". I have proof.

Frankie Valli told me that "Grease is the Word."

In the beginning was grease. And grease was with dog. And grease was dog.
24-12-2014, 01:26 PM
(24-12-2014 12:14 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 11:54 AM)dcobranchi Wrote:  Gordon wrote:
That's the first sensible thing I've seen from him.

And, BTW, didn't your Jesus have something to say about divorce? It's in the Gospels. Even printed in red in my copy of the NIV. Did this bit get edited out of the Vertiginous Gospel:

Yep. It's in the Veridican Gospel, too. So, sue me. Or be there on Judgment Day to accuse me--if you dare. Or maybe, just maybe, God will forgive me. He forgave David, didn't he? [Image: dontknow2.gif]

I can't help but LOL when you use that.

You might as well just say, "It's written down in my diary."

Have you ever read the Gospel's of Harry Potter. The Book of Hermione will make the blood rush to your sin stick.