I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 01:27 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(24-12-2014 12:28 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 12:22 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Human society is more civilised than your god.

So what?

So what!!?

So.......your god is the most uncivilized, sadistic, genocidal, mean spirited, immoral, violent, egocentric, self centered rapist, murdering concept of a god to ever be invented. Were he a real and brought to trial for his crimes he'd be sentenced to several thousand years of prison and that STILL wouldn't be enough time served.

If a movie were made of the Bible and included all the, genocide, virgin raping, maiming, beheading, pillaging, flood causing, baby killing, city destroying, wife killing, penis maiming, burning of human flesh, building crushing your god does, the movie would be Rated XXXXXXXXXXXXX and wouldn't be allowed in movie theatres because of this repulsive character.

Unfortunately movies made about the Bible are similar to how believers read this damned, stupid book. They gloss over the virgin raping and penis maiming and baby killing and try to find all the nice parts. Most of the Bible is a horror story and your god is a grotesque monster who blames everything on others.

It's just a damned good thing there is no evidence anywhere of this immoral beast. I sleep better at night knowing this.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-12-2014, 03:30 PM
(24-12-2014 12:50 PM)dcobranchi Wrote:  I just thought it interesting that the prophet wouldn't even be qualified to be a deacon, according to Paul.

You need morality which atheism doesn't provide, so you stick with Christian morality. How very telling.

As for Paul, I don't follow Paul. I follow Jesus Christ. He's known to forgive the worst of sinners, so I'll stick with him. Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2014, 03:44 PM
(24-12-2014 01:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what!!?

[Image: wtf.gif] Did I misspell it or something?

Quote:So.......your god is the most uncivilized, sadistic, genocidal, mean spirited, immoral, violent, egocentric, self centered rapist, murdering concept of a god to ever be invented. Were he a real and brought to trial for his crimes he'd be sentenced to several thousand years of prison and that STILL wouldn't be enough time served.

So what? He's God. Who's going to bring Him to trial? You?

Quote:If a movie were made of the Bible and included all the, genocide, virgin raping, maiming, beheading, pillaging, flood causing, baby killing, city destroying, wife killing, penis maiming,

[Image: ew.gif] You're uncircumcised? ...nevermind, you were saying...

Quote:burning of human flesh, building crushing your god does, the movie would be Rated XXXXXXXXXXXXX and wouldn't be allowed in movie theatres because of this repulsive character. Unfortunately movies made about the Bible are similar to how believers read this damned, stupid book. They gloss over the virgin raping and penis maiming

[Image: ew.gif]

Quote:and baby killing and try to find all the nice parts. Most of the Bible is a horror story and your god is a grotesque monster who blames everything on others.

It's just a damned good thing there is no evidence anywhere of this immoral beast. I sleep better at night knowing this.

Sounds like cowardice to me. Drinking Beverage
24-12-2014, 04:10 PM
(24-12-2014 03:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 01:27 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  So what!!?

[Image: wtf.gif] Did I misspell it or something?

Quote:So.......your god is the most uncivilized, sadistic, genocidal, mean spirited, immoral, violent, egocentric, self centered rapist, murdering concept of a god to ever be invented. Were he a real and brought to trial for his crimes he'd be sentenced to several thousand years of prison and that STILL wouldn't be enough time served.

So what? He's God. Who's going to bring Him to trial? You?

Quote:If a movie were made of the Bible and included all the, genocide, virgin raping, maiming, beheading, pillaging, flood causing, baby killing, city destroying, wife killing, penis maiming,

[Image: ew.gif] You're uncircumcised? ...nevermind, you were saying...

Quote:burning of human flesh, building crushing your god does, the movie would be Rated XXXXXXXXXXXXX and wouldn't be allowed in movie theatres because of this repulsive character. Unfortunately movies made about the Bible are similar to how believers read this damned, stupid book. They gloss over the virgin raping and penis maiming

[Image: ew.gif]

Quote:and baby killing and try to find all the nice parts. Most of the Bible is a horror story and your god is a grotesque monster who blames everything on others.

[/Sounds like cowardice to me.] Drinking Beverage

Ah, then you agree. The god character in the book is biggest coward going. Thumbsup Yes!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
24-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Quote:You need morality which atheism doesn't provide, so you stick with Christian morality. How very telling.

All it tells you is that I know the bible well enough to preach it right back at you.

The bible starts off with fratricide and ends with a holocaust. Morality? Please!
[+] 1 user Likes dcobranchi's post
24-12-2014, 09:06 PM
(24-12-2014 03:44 PM)Gordon Wrote:  So what? He's God. Who's going to bring Him to trial? You?

I'll do it. I did a locum as the Goddess of Justice in Athens a few millennia ago. (dusts off Her sword and scales) Who wants the pleasure of perp-walking Yahweh through the gauntlet of reporters and into the courtroom? Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
24-12-2014, 09:13 PM
1. Yahweh was the 70th (mythological) son of the Babylonian chief deity, El Elyon, one of many many mythical gods. Even the Hebrews believed in many gods. The "covenant" was they would worship one. (They worshiped his wife, Ashura, for centuries, .. proven by Archaeology).
2. All ethical standards and religious legal injunctions are known to have already existed in ancient Near Eastern culture. Not one of them originated in what came to be called the "Bible". Religions are not the origins of morality, which has been demonstrated over and over by anthropologists.
3. There is no evidence that believers lead any more or less "moral" lives than non-believers. No one can show they do.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-12-2014, 09:23 PM
(24-12-2014 09:13 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Religions are not the origins of morality, which has been demonstrated over and over by anthropologists.

This is how I see it, too -- A community first has to discover its members' common values and decide which ones are necessary to keep the peace within the tribe. Then, and only then, it can codify those values into a formal code of law. When community values change the code of law may get revised, or in some cases is tossed aside altogether and a new standard codified.
25-12-2014, 09:35 AM
God came to me last night in a dream.. He told me that Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December.

He also instructed me to come on here and tell Gordon that he is mistaken. He really is the reincarnation of Jesus.

He wanted me to let you know that it doesn't matter how many times they admit you into a psych ward, it says more about them than it does you! Don't listen to those doctors, you don't need any meds.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
25-12-2014, 11:43 AM
(25-12-2014 09:35 AM)microterf Wrote:  God came to me last night in a dream.. He told me that Jesus wasn't born on the 25th of December.

He also instructed me to come on here and tell Gordon that he is mistaken. He really is the reincarnation of Jesus.

Was that the same dream as me? I was climbing some stairs into some brilliant white cloud and saw God at the top. He smiled warmly at me, hugged me and then told me not to worry, it wasn't my time, but I just had to give a message to his son Jesus who currently thinks of himself as Gordon that he should remember who he is?

Oh yeah, and don't forget to let the dog out if you get back to Heaven before him.