I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 10:01 AM by Gordon.)
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(25-12-2014 06:32 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Has Gordon been asked or explained why he is right and every other sect of Christianity is wrong (much less other religions) and how he differentiates himself from the many others that also claim that God is speaking to them?

At its core, Veridicanism stresses that an individual follow ONLY Jesus Christ. All other Christian denominations follow a conglomeration of leaders: Paul, James, the Writer of Hebrews, John, Peter, and not to mention the entire list of Old Testament authors.

Veridicanism stresses following only Jesus Christ as he is presented in the Gospel record. Also, there isn't any other Christian sect that has taken the four Gospels of the New Testament and synthesized them into one record, including with it the Gospel of Thomas, which wasn't found until 1945.

Until people free themselves from the bondage of the Bible, they will never be able to truly follow their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And the experience is much different. Morally, we do what Jesus says (or we try to do it the best we can), but only what he says. What Jesus condemns in the Gospels we prohibit. What he tells us to do, we do. What he doesn't comment on we are free to do or not do as we see fit.

So, in Veridicanism you find a strange mixture of almost extreme conservatism mixed with an equal part of extreme liberalism. And debates can go on about what it seems Jesus would do in a situation, given his character, the things he says, etc. But the bottom line is that the things he prohibited are prohibited. The things he commanded are commanded, and that which he didn't address is up to us and our own spiritual discernment.

Following Jesus only, is at once empowering and liberating. And there is no other Christian sect, nor has there ever been, that has attempted that. In fact in the very first chapters of the book of Acts, you find a clear departure from the teachings of Jesus Christ. Peter sets himself up as leader and judge, and Judaism immediately mediates the teachings of Christ.

They say the Gospels were written in an attempt to stop the corruption of Christ's teachings by the very apostles that abandon him in the Garden of Gethsemane.

So, you should give up your atheism. Rededicate your life to Christ, and come follow with me. Yes
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2014, 10:49 AM
So have you sold all your possessions and given all the money to the poor yet?

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
26-12-2014, 11:02 AM
(22-12-2014 04:17 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I deem this progress and gift you a nightmarish cookie.

[Image: cookie_screaming_because_he_wants_someth...4gptd8.png]

You're welcome.

I bought a bag of potato chips and there was one that, I swear, had Gordon's face on it.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
26-12-2014, 11:15 AM
(22-12-2014 04:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I'm also not Pee Wee Herman.
Please list who you are not, also, folks.

I am not Fred Flintstone.

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities.--Voltaire.

"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." --Thomas Paine.
26-12-2014, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 12:02 PM by Free.)
(26-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 06:32 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Has Gordon been asked or explained why he is right and every other sect of Christianity is wrong (much less other religions) and how he differentiates himself from the many others that also claim that God is speaking to them?

At its core, Veridicanism stresses that an individual follow ONLY Jesus Christ. All other Christian denominations follow a conglomeration of leaders: Paul, James, the Writer of Hebrews, John, Peter, and not to mention the entire list of Old Testament authors.

Veridicanism stresses following only Jesus Christ as he is presented in the Gospel record. Also, there isn't any other Christian sect that has taken the four Gospels of the New Testament and synthesized them into one record, including with it the Gospel of Thomas, which wasn't found until 1945.

Until people free themselves from the bondage of the Bible, they will never be able to truly follow their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

And the experience is much different. Morally, we do what Jesus says (or we try to do it the best we can), but only what he says. What Jesus condemns in the Gospels we prohibit. What he tells us to do, we do. What he doesn't comment on we are free to do or not do as we see fit.

So, in Veridicanism you find a strange mixture of almost extreme conservatism mixed with an equal part of extreme liberalism. And debates can go on about what it seems Jesus would do in a situation, given his character, the things he says, etc. But the bottom line is that the things he prohibited are prohibited. The things he commanded are commanded, and that which he didn't address is up to us and our own spiritual discernment.

Following Jesus only, is at once empowering and liberating. And there is no other Christian sect, nor has there ever been, that has attempted that. In fact in the very first chapters of the book of Acts, you find a clear departure from the teachings of Jesus Christ. Peter sets himself up as leader and judge, and Judaism immediately mediates the teachings of Christ.

They say the Gospels were written in an attempt to stop the corruption of Christ's teachings by the very apostles that abandon him in the Garden of Gethsemane.

So, you should give up your atheism. Rededicate your life to Christ, and come follow with me. Yes

You do understand that the only thing that Jesus supposedly said to do was to the follow the Golden Rule, don't you?

Here:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Since Jesus clearly illustrated in John 10:30 to 10:36 that mere men are to be considered as "gods," then the 1st Commandment is fulfilled by simply honoring the 2nd Commandment.

Jesus clearly explains that every law and everything the prophets taught are hung on the 2nd Commandment.

You do not need a new religion to explain the teachings of Jesus since his teachings are so simplified any idiot can understand them.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

That is the Golden Rule, and the Ethic of Reciprocity.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
26-12-2014, 11:40 AM
(26-12-2014 11:27 AM)Free Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  At its core, Veridicanism stresses that an individual follow ONLY Jesus Christ. All other Christian denominations follow a conglomeration of leaders: Paul, James, the Writer of Hebrews, John, Peter, and not to mention the entire list of Old Testament authors.

You do understand that the only thing Jesus said to do was to the follow the Golden Rule, don't you?

Here:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

Since Jesus clearly illustrated in John 10:30 to 10:36 that mere men are to be considered as "gods," then the 1st Commandment is fulfilled by simply honoring the 2nd Commandment.

Jesus clearly explains that every law and everything the prophets taught are hung on the 2nd Commandment.

You do not need a new religion to explain the teachings of Jesus since his teachings are so simplified any idiot can understand them.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

That is the Golden Rule, and the Ethic of Reciprocity.

And since the concern of the rabbis before the destruction of the temple and the diaspora was not this "simplification paradigm", (of the "Old Law"), but it WAS the general concern of them about 50-100 years later, the most reasonable thing would be to look into who and how it "just happened" that the "golden rule" came to be embedded in the gospels from a LATER period of Jewish history, which "just happened" to be the time when they were being invented from whole-cloth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-12-2014, 11:50 AM
(26-12-2014 09:56 AM)Gordon Wrote:  

There is a slight problem here. The Gospels were written many years after Jesus' death (and after most of the rest of the New Testament), most likely by people who never knew him or met him. They are hearsay, and no more likely to be an accurate record of what Jesus actually said than anything else in the NT. They are exactly what you say the rest of the NT is. Goodwithoutgod would probably be happy to go into great detail about this with you. I'm not that ambitious.
26-12-2014, 01:38 PM
(26-12-2014 10:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So have you sold all your possessions and given all the money to the poor yet?

Why would I do that? I'm not rich.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2014, 01:46 PM
(26-12-2014 01:38 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 10:49 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So have you sold all your possessions and given all the money to the poor yet?

Because your Jebus told you to. If you really "followed only Jesus" you would do what he said. The fact is (if he even existed) he was an Apocalyptic Jew who expected the end-times WITHIN the lifetimes of his followers.

Matthew 16:28
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-12-2014, 01:47 PM
(26-12-2014 01:38 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

What you do, and why you do it are less important than where you do it.
Your own forum seems to be the perfect place, take bozo with you. Thumbsup