I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(26-12-2014 11:27 AM)Free Wrote:  You do understand that the only thing that Jesus supposedly said to do was to the follow the Golden Rule, don't you?

Here:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

No, that's how you fulfill the law. In fact, it's a criticism of the law, it's a riddle, but that's another conversation. More accurately, Jesus instructed us to love others in Christ the way he loved us.

Quote:Since Jesus clearly illustrated in John 10:30 to 10:36 that mere men are to be considered as "gods," then the 1st Commandment is fulfilled by simply honoring the 2nd Commandment.

That's not what John 10 says.

Quote:Jesus clearly explains that every law and everything the prophets taught are hung on the 2nd Commandment.

So?

Quote:You do not need a new religion to explain the teachings of Jesus since his teachings are so simplified any idiot can understand them.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

That is the Golden Rule, and the Ethic of Reciprocity.

Simple, huh? Any idiot? I'd rather kill myself than be addicted to methamphetamine. I could not bear to live that way. I'd rather hang myself than go to prison. I could not bear to live that way. It's better for a person to die than suffer an infestation of demons. What if my child is infested with demons? So, what then should I do for my neighbor, again, you were saying you understood something about Jesus' teachings? What was that?

Come on...you said any idiot. Please explain what I should do. [Image: imwaiting.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2014, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 02:37 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(26-12-2014 01:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  More accurately, Jesus instructed us to love others in Christ the way he loved us.

Reference ? He never said anything of the sort, and you know it. You made that up, as it sounds all bullshit *pious*. The word "Christ" is a title which he never claimed for himself. Why would Jebus say something like that ? "Loving others *in Christ* the way he loved us" makes it sound like they were two different people. Do you EVER *think* about the nonsense you post ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
26-12-2014, 02:35 PM
(26-12-2014 01:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 11:27 AM)Free Wrote:  You do understand that the only thing that Jesus supposedly said to do was to the follow the Golden Rule, don't you?

Here:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.

No, that's how you fulfill the law. In fact, it's a criticism of the law, it's a riddle, but that's another conversation.

There's nothing "riddle" about it. It's straight forward. He literally tells you that all the law and all the prophets hang on the first two commandments. There is absolutely no mystery to this at all. Here is why:

If you truly love your neighbor as yourself, would you:

Lie to your neighbor?
Steal from your neighbor?
Kill your neighbor?
Covet your neighbor's wife?
Covet your neighbor's goods?
Bear false witness against your neighbor?
Force your employee (neighbor) to work 7 days a week with no rest? (Sabbath)

You could not break even 1 of the 10 commandments if you simply honored the Golden Rule. Not one.

And that is exactly why all the laws and everything the prophets said hangs on the 2nd Commandment.

Quote:
Quote:Since Jesus clearly illustrated in John 10:30 to 10:36 that mere men are to be considered as "gods," then the 1st Commandment is fulfilled by simply honoring the 2nd Commandment.

That's not what John 10 says.

He most certainly does. But I suppose that you have been reading the Christian interpolated Gospels instead of understanding John 10:30 from the Koine Greek, so you may not understand it properly.

Here is the exegesis of John 10:30 - 10:36:

Joh 10:30 - 10:36:

I and the Father are one! Then the Jews took up stones again to stone Him.

Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from My Father; for which of these do you stone Me?"

The Jews answered Him, saying, "We do not stone you for a good work, but for blasphemy, and because you, being but a mere man, make yourself a god.

(Capitalization of God removed, not in original text. Original text says "a god," capitalized by Christians, an interpolation to make Jesus of Nazareth appear to be saying he is God as per their religious views. Please consider my next comment for added verification)

Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, "I said, You are gods?"

(from Psalm of David Psa_82:6 I have said, You are gods, and all of you sons of the Most High.) + (The lower case use of "gods" here demonstrates the intent of the use of 'god" in the previous verse, since Jesus is responding to lower case here, and his comments would make no sense if he was responding to an accusation of being the almighty God.)

If He (god) regarded those as gods and whom the Word of God was with- and that Scripture cannot be disputed- then why do you say of me whom the Father has sanctified and sent into the world, 'You blaspheme,' just because I said that I am also a son of God?"

(the word "the" in KJV is an interpolation, and the use of it contradicts the Christians' view that Jesus was calling himself God" in John 10:33. If the word "the" was intended, then was Jesus God, or was he the Son of God? He cannot be both.)

Jesus is arguing here that everyone is a god. He makes this argument to justify his statement of "I and the Father are one." he reasons that since the father had regarded others as gods, then he too should also be considered a god. he uses the Psalm as evidence that the Father does consider all to be gods.

Quote:
Quote:Jesus clearly explains that every law and everything the prophets taught are hung on the 2nd Commandment.

So?

So it means that by simply promoting the 2nd Commandment you have no need to do anything else.

Quote:
Quote:You do not need a new religion to explain the teachings of Jesus since his teachings are so simplified any idiot can understand them.

"Love your neighbor as yourself."

That is the Golden Rule, and the Ethic of Reciprocity.

Simple, huh? Any idiot? I'd rather kill myself than be addicted to methamphetamine. I could not bear to live that way. I'd rather hang myself than go to prison. I could not bear to live that way. It's better for a person to die than suffer an infestation of demons. What if my child is infested with demons? So, what then should I do for my neighbor, again, you were saying you understood something about Jesus' teachings? What was that?

Come on...you said any idiot. Please explain what I should do. [Image: imwaiting.gif]

The first thing you need to do is dump religion. If you cannot do that, nothing else I say can help you. Not ever.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like Free's post
26-12-2014, 02:55 PM
(26-12-2014 01:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 01:48 PM)Gordon Wrote:  More accurately, Jesus instructed us to love others in Christ the way he loved us.

Reference ? He never said anything of the sort, and you know it. You made that up, as it sounds all bullshit *pious*. The word "Christ" is a title which he never claimed for himself. Why would Jebus say something like that ? "Loving others *in Christ* the way he loved us" makes it sound like they were two different people. Do you EVER *think* about the nonsense you post ?

Not only that, but Jesus very specifically demonstrated the difference between himself and Christ in the following verses:

Mat 22:41 - 22:46

While the Pharisees were gathered, Jesus asked them, "What do you think of Christ? Whose son is he?"

They said to him, "He is David's son".

Jesus then said to them, "If so, then how can David- while speaking in the Spirit- call Christ 'Lord,' when David said, "the LORD said to my Lord (Christ), Sit on My right until I make Your enemies Your footstool for Your feet?' If David then calls Christ as Lord, how then can Christ be David's son?

And no one was able to answer his question, nor did anyone dare from that day to question him any more.

Jesus is literally saying that Christ cannot come from the House of David (David's son) because David himself is referring to Christ as David's lord. If the Christ did come from the house of David, then David would be Christ's lord, but that is not what Jesus is saying here.

Christ did not come from the House of David, yet Christians use scripture to demonstrate that Jesus came from the House of David, so therefore how can Jesus be the prophesied Christ?

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
26-12-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2014 11:18 PM by Gordon.)
(26-12-2014 01:46 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Because your Jebus told you to.

No, he didn't. He told a rich young ruler to do that. He didn't tell people who were barely getting by to do that. So, bite me. Drinking Beverage

Quote:If you really "followed only Jesus" you would do what he said. The fact is (if he even existed) he was an Apocalyptic Jew who expected the end-times WITHIN the lifetimes of his followers.

Matthew 16:28
"Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."

Jesus talked about three different "end times": the revelation of Christ, the end of an age, and the end of the universe. If you aren't a critical enough reader to have realized that yourself, then I can't teach you. After all, you are a militant, hate-filled, disturbed atheist. There probably is no hope for you, and that's a shame.

Edit: I shouldn't say that. That's not for me to say. I am definitely out of my scope of practice there.
26-12-2014, 10:54 PM
(26-12-2014 01:55 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Reference ?

When you confess your sins and believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, then I'll be glad to give you a reference.
26-12-2014, 11:08 PM
(26-12-2014 02:35 PM)Free Wrote:  You could not break even 1 of the 10 commandments if you simply honored the Golden Rule. Not one.

That's right. I already agreed with you on that. But that won't save you.

Quote:Jesus is arguing here that everyone is a god. He makes this argument to justify his statement of "I and the Father are one." he reasons that since the father had regarded others as gods, then he too should also be considered a god. he uses the Psalm as evidence that the Father does consider all to be gods.

I don't care how much academics you apply to it, you're missing it. He called himself the Son of God, and they were accusing him, so he brings up the point that their own scriptures called men "gods." So how could they be upset that he was calling himself the Son of God.

He's pointing out that they are hypocrites. Not that their scriptures are right. Jesus was Christ. Jesus is the only begotten son of God, and he knew it, because as you know in John 3:16, he says so.

Besides, human beings are gods (with a lower case g). We have dominion over the entire earth, we have the ability to commit suicide, we know we will die, we can become one with Christ, we are destined to become one with the Father.

What Jesus is doing in that whole section of the Gospel is stripping the religious leaders of all their power over him. He is the Son of God, not a "god."

Quote:The first thing you need to do is dump religion. If you cannot do that, nothing else I say can help you. Not ever.

I didn't think you had a fucking answer. [Image: sadsad.gif]
26-12-2014, 11:15 PM
(26-12-2014 02:55 PM)Free Wrote:  Christ did not come from the House of David, yet Christians use scripture to demonstrate that Jesus came from the House of David, so therefore how can Jesus be the prophesied Christ?

That's not what's at stake. Jesus is making it clear that the Christ is a spiritual concept, not a secular born-of-man concept. But the Pharisees can't get that, because they are of the world, not of the Spirit.

What is it with atheists and Biblical literalism? You hang on it. You can't read the Gospels that way. Either the Holy Spirit is telling you what they mean, or you're lost in them. That's it.
26-12-2014, 11:57 PM
(26-12-2014 10:54 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

When you confess your sins and believe in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, then I'll be glad to give you a reference.

So you can't. Somehow we all knew that.

"No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him"
"For many are called, but few are chosen".

Obviously Pops hasn't called me.

Maybe someday you'll actually read the Babble.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-12-2014, 12:00 AM
(26-12-2014 10:54 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

You are an arrogant, delusional clown. Why are you here other than to be annoying?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post