I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(28-12-2014 05:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 06:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  1) his wife.
2) his dog.

Um. You make the assumption they are different beings. Tongue

[Image: tumblr_m2qjbjeUl11qe2c25.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-12-2014, 02:49 AM
(28-12-2014 01:10 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 10:20 AM)Free Wrote:  You should be interested in it. It deals directly with the feminine and masculine aspects of God.

Let me show you where Jesus placed his beliefs, and note that what you see below is a direct translation from ancient Hebrew with extensive exegesis:

Your bible reads as this:

Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth."

In reality, the word "God" above is written in the ancient Hebrew as "Elohim."

Elohim is plural, and it means "gods." Hence,

Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, the gods created the heaven and the earth,"

Now take that one step further in Genesis to this verse:

Gen 1:26 "And the gods said, let us make humans in our image, after our likeness."

Now you know why the plural use of "us" and "our" is in that verse. But now we go yet another step further:

Gen 1:27 "And the gods made humans after their image; male and female they made. In the image of the gods they were created as masculine and feminine."

The gods created both males and females in the image of the gods, at the same time. Since males and females were created in the images of the gods, then the gods are also male and female.

In ancient Hebrew, the masculine is always dominant over the feminine. Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas is saying that he will teach Mary to allow her masculine qualities to dominate her feminine qualities. He did not say he would make her as a male, but rather that he would "guide" her to allow her masculine qualities to be dominant like males do.

There is a long lost Gospel of the Hebrews in which some supposed quotes of Jesus have been preserved by the early church fathers. One particular quote from Origen is this:

Origen on John, ii. 12. "And if any accept the Gospel according to the Hebrews, where the Saviour himself saith, 'Even now did my mother the Holy Spirit take me by one of mine hairs, and carried me away unto the great mountain Thabor', he will be perplexed,"

This Gospel was banned from the church because it demonstrates the beliefs of Jesus in such a way as to contradict the beliefs of the Christian church.

Jesus regarded the Holy Spirit to be feminine, and hints of this can be found within the gospels themselves.

So now you know why that last verse in Thomas is real.

I only follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. I couldn't care less if the Ancient Hebrews were polytheistic. I don't care. I only concern myself with the teachings of Jesus Christ as they are presented in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I could debate these points with you, but I'm not going to. Why? Because you're signature shows you don't really have a grasp on logic. You are good at putting together puzzles. But that's not going to save you. Your atheism is still going to land you in hell.

So for you, all the sophistry is really just a dodge, a distraction from what really matters. There is no point in studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ if those teachings don't lead you to be reborn and saved from your sin.

Now you know where I'm coming from. Drinking Beverage

Re "There is no point in studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ if those teachings don't lead you to be reborn and saved from your sin."

I'd be very interested to know exactly what study you have done about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ. Please list the books you have read and the courses you have attended. If anyone is going to take you seriously they need to know your credentials.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2014, 03:10 AM
(28-12-2014 01:10 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 10:20 AM)Free Wrote:  You should be interested in it. It deals directly with the feminine and masculine aspects of God.

Let me show you where Jesus placed his beliefs, and note that what you see below is a direct translation from ancient Hebrew with extensive exegesis:

Your bible reads as this:

Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the earth."

In reality, the word "God" above is written in the ancient Hebrew as "Elohim."

Elohim is plural, and it means "gods." Hence,

Gen 1:1 "In the beginning, the gods created the heaven and the earth,"

Now take that one step further in Genesis to this verse:

Gen 1:26 "And the gods said, let us make humans in our image, after our likeness."

Now you know why the plural use of "us" and "our" is in that verse. But now we go yet another step further:

Gen 1:27 "And the gods made humans after their image; male and female they made. In the image of the gods they were created as masculine and feminine."

The gods created both males and females in the image of the gods, at the same time. Since males and females were created in the images of the gods, then the gods are also male and female.

In ancient Hebrew, the masculine is always dominant over the feminine. Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas is saying that he will teach Mary to allow her masculine qualities to dominate her feminine qualities. He did not say he would make her as a male, but rather that he would "guide" her to allow her masculine qualities to be dominant like males do.

There is a long lost Gospel of the Hebrews in which some supposed quotes of Jesus have been preserved by the early church fathers. One particular quote from Origen is this:

Origen on John, ii. 12. "And if any accept the Gospel according to the Hebrews, where the Saviour himself saith, 'Even now did my mother the Holy Spirit take me by one of mine hairs, and carried me away unto the great mountain Thabor', he will be perplexed,"

This Gospel was banned from the church because it demonstrates the beliefs of Jesus in such a way as to contradict the beliefs of the Christian church.

Jesus regarded the Holy Spirit to be feminine, and hints of this can be found within the gospels themselves.

So now you know why that last verse in Thomas is real.

I only follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. I couldn't care less if the Ancient Hebrews were polytheistic. I don't care. I only concern myself with the teachings of Jesus Christ as they are presented in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I could debate these points with you, but I'm not going to. Why? Because you're signature shows you don't really have a grasp on logic. You are good at putting together puzzles. But that's not going to save you. Your atheism is still going to land you in hell.

So for you, all the sophistry is really just a dodge, a distraction from what really matters. There is no point in studying the life and teachings of Jesus Christ if those teachings don't lead you to be reborn and saved from your sin.

Now you know where I'm coming from. Drinking Beverage

Scholars agree that Paul invented the curious concept that Christ was crucified to save souls from their sins. Why has this strange idea become part of Christian dogma?

Having the Son of God become human, and free the faithful from the guilt and consequences of their sins, was an attractive story. It meant God was no longer a distant impersonal deity, like the god of the Old Testament, but someone more like them, with whom they could identify. Christ was an ally, a great guy, and everyone’s best friend. Christ would take on your punishment for you, provided you believed in him. If you did that, Paul promised a free pass to salvation. Churches have pushed this unusual plan to such an extent that Christians rarely question it. This is why some Christians, and pseudo Christians like our credulous friend Gordon insist everyone believe in Jesus; so that sins can be forgiven and entry into heaven assured.

The whole argument is irrational. Why would the Son of God need to sacrifice himself to appease his father, who was also himself, for the sins of the world? Is not sacrificing anyone a pointless, barbaric act that kills an innocent scapegoat? Why would faith in this sacrifice be a ticket for entry into heaven?

Amongst theologians, there has never been a sound explanation for these ideas, because no sensible explanation is possible. (http://atheistfoundation.org.au/article/...tonement/, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...xyq3ltls).

Paul’s God could simply be had to say

“you are genuinely sorry, so I forgive you.”

Yet that was not good enough for Paul, as he had been indoctrinated with Scripture, so he could not imagine a benevolent God. Instead, Paul had God as a rigid demagogue who demanded a sacrifice.

Most modern people consider sin a deliberate act that results in harm, usually to another person.

Paul misunderstood the real nature of sin. Paul proposed that sin was about actions or thoughts that upset his God. Yet modern people recognize that sin harms others, or sometimes the actual perpetrator. It should be the victim of sin, or society, who does the forgiving, not God. When God is left out of the proceedings, people are vindicated, maybe compensated, and the guilty party can promise not to repeat the offense. Wrongdoers learn from their mistakes, and society benefits. Paul bypassed this reparative process by saying that sin was forgiven by a God who insisted on faith in Christ, an unrelated third party.

In turning Christ’s death into a sacrifice that saves souls, Paul sacrificed common sense. Paul devalued interpersonal relationships and indirectly compromised social harmony. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA55jGyq2C8). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gvv_UM7CYg).
[+] 6 users Like Mark Fulton's post
29-12-2014, 02:06 PM
(29-12-2014 03:10 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  It should be the victim of sin, or society, who does the forgiving, not God.
You make a strong point.

I am like a god in comparison to my kids.
If my kid hurts another kid, I would find it very odd for my kid to come up to me and apologise (it would make no logical sense), I would instead suggest my kid to apologise to the victim.

I certainly wouldn't demand the death of a human to atone for this "sin". A ruling power would have to be a monster to demand something as gruesome and unjust as that.

But then again Christianity does not encourage thought, logic, or sense.
The acceptance that one must believe (without evidence) in Jesus or else be eternally punished is just nonsense.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
29-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I am the First Saint of The Fullofshitican Gospel.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
29-12-2014, 02:22 PM
(29-12-2014 02:20 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I am the First Saint of The Fullofshitican Gospel.

Does that make you the Poop? Lecture_preist

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-12-2014, 02:30 PM
(29-12-2014 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-12-2014 02:20 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I am the First Saint of The Fullofshitican Gospel.

More like the Patron Saint of Bullshit. Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-12-2014, 02:31 PM
(29-12-2014 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  

All praise His Corniness.