I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2014, 05:55 AM
AW: RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(28-12-2014 05:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 04:29 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Atheists on the other hand support freedom, tolerance, religious freedom, equality,stable and thriving society, for things that actually matter, rather than worrying about which invisible god people imagine as their friend.

Da fuq happened to "atheism is a lack of belief in gods and that's it?" Dodgy
Put down the bong for a minute, prophet. He was talking about atheists, not atheism. Tongue

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
28-12-2014, 06:07 AM
RE: I Don't Think I'm Jesus Christ
(28-12-2014 05:55 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 05:49 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Da fuq happened to "atheism is a lack of belief in gods and that's it?" Dodgy
Put down the bong for a minute, prophet. He was talking about atheists, not atheism. Tongue

So the parallels ascribe to one dogma and not the other. Yeah, I see that a lot. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-12-2014, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 06:23 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(28-12-2014 12:32 AM)Gordon Wrote:  To verify this, go read the Gospels again, and try to identify quotes of Jesus where he appears to be speaking of himself in the 3rd person. It is at those quotes that you can see Jesus apparently speaking "in the spirit" as opposed to his own human words. The point of the 3rd person dialogue is to demonstrate that Jesus is allowing the Christ to speak through him as a spirit, as opposed to Jesus himself speaking his own words.

You seem to know more about Jesus than any atheist I've spoke* with before, so I'm curious as to what you think he is?

Do you think he didn't exist? Do you think he was mad? Do you think he was a con? What?

* past participle of "to speak" is "spoken (with) before". ("Who cares" ? ) YOU should. You CLAIM to be a writer. Clearly you are an ignorant fuckwad. The only "spoke" we have here is up your ass.

The gospels were cooked up fiction. Jebus never existed. NOTHING can be "learned" from "going to them". They are the LAST place one would go to find out something true.

Have a nice day.

How many converts ya got there Mr. Big Shot 2-person cult leader ? Oh. None. That's what we thought. Ok. You're not wasting your time. Nope. Not at all. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2014, 06:35 AM
(28-12-2014 12:02 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 11:57 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So you can't. Somehow we all knew that.

"No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him"
"For many are called, but few are chosen".

Obviously Pops hasn't called me.

Maybe someday you'll actually read the Babble.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about unless I go back and re-read our previous conversation--but there are few things in this world more pointless than that.

Jesus did say what you're quoting. And it is possible God has not called you but has abandon you, maybe even before you were born. You may have been created specifically to be an atheist and then burn in hell. This is possible. God does do that.

I hope that's not the case. Because maybe this whole thing, these conversations we are having, are in fact God calling to you. Because BB, no other Christian is going to reach out to you the way you are--only me.

Again, that is not something I can judge. Only Jesus Christ will be your judge. So, it's between you and he.
The Titanic

Wrong again, fool. (It's "abandonED, not "abandon", BTW). Lots of Christians reach out to me, ALL FAR MORE learned and intelligent than you are. Don't flatter yourself. A god that creates people for hell is not worth worshiping.

As for what god does and does not do, (if there was one) YOU have no clue what the fuck you're even talking about, and you have no clue what she does or doesn't do, you pompous self-righteous church lady.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2014, 06:44 AM
[Image: church-lady-live-gif.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-12-2014, 06:51 AM
(28-12-2014 06:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How many converts ya got there Mr. Big Shot 2-person cult leader ? Oh. None. That's what we thought. Ok. You're not wasting your time. Nope. Not at all. Weeping

Who is the second member? (And I think I remember somebody mentioning a third. Is that right?)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
28-12-2014, 06:52 AM
(28-12-2014 06:51 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 06:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  How many converts ya got there Mr. Big Shot 2-person cult leader ? Oh. None. That's what we thought. Ok. You're not wasting your time. Nope. Not at all. Weeping

Who is the second member? (And I think I remember somebody mentioning a third. Is that right?)

1) his wife.
2) his dog.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-12-2014, 07:05 AM
(28-12-2014 06:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 06:51 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Who is the second member? (And I think I remember somebody mentioning a third. Is that right?)

1) his wife.
2) his dog.

Mascots don't count... Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-12-2014, 07:10 AM
(28-12-2014 07:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(28-12-2014 06:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  1) his wife.
2) his dog.

Mascots don't count... Dodgy

If we define mascots as "somebody who runs around making a fool of himself for the amusement of the crowd without effecting the outcome of THE GAME;" wouldn't that reduce the list of adherents down to his wife?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 3 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
28-12-2014, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2014 09:41 AM by Free.)
Quote:Honestly, Free, I feel like we are debating points we actually agree on. Or maybe I'm just not following you. I'm surprised you're an atheist. You seem awfully interested in the life of Jesus Christ.

I knew you would be surprised, Gordon. I have stunned pastors, priests, and even scholars with what I actually know. But understand something; I know what I know because I am an atheist, and I could not know this if I was a believer.

This may sound bold, but there is not one single thing Jesus purportedly said in the Gospels that I do not fully understand. That's not a boast so don't confuse confidence with conceit, but rather it's a testament as to how well an atheist can become educated, and the only reason I can understand Jesus fully is because I am an atheist.

The Jesus in the Gospels was more of a humanist than he was a religionist. But that`s another story.

Quote:So, Free, what do you think of Jesus? What do you think he is? You seem to know more about Jesus than any atheist I've spoke with before, so I'm curious as to what you think he is?

Do you think he didn't exist? Do you think he was mad? Do you think he was a con? What?

And while I have your ear, why are you an atheist?

I'm not judging or criticizing you; I'm not going to argue with you or insult you. I'm just curious as to what your story is.

From a strickly historical perspective, the most we can say about Jesus of Nazareth with intellectual honesty is this:

Jesus of Nazareth was crucified by Pontius Pilate.

That is about all that can be said with any degree of certainty. However, listed below is my personal view of Jesus strickly from a historical perspective.

From a historical perspective- which includes my opinion- Jesus of Nazareth was a Nazarene. The Nazarene were a sub-sect of the Essene, as the teachings of Jesus in the gospels demonstrate significant similarities with the description of the Essene given by Josephus.

The town of Nazareth got its name from those who inhabited that locale; the Nazarene. They came first, and then the town was so named after them.

Jesus was a Nazarene Rabbi, who's views on the Torah were completely unorthodox. He demonstrated a great dislike of the Pharisee, Sadducee, and any leaders in Jerusalem. His teachings were geared to empower the people, as opposed to the people empowering the Sanhedrin.

He gained considerable fame in his locale in and around Jerusalem. This fame, however, was his own undoing. Many of his followers began to consider him the Messiah. However, being considered a Messiah means far more than just some kind of savior, because it also denotes a kingship.

The fame of Jesus grew, not because of any ridiculous miracles, but rather because of his popularity with the common people. This fame greatly concerned the Sanhedrin, because since so many of the people regarded him to be a Messiah- which makes him a king- the Sanhedrin feared a war with Rome would break out, since the Jews could not have a rival king in Caesar's kingdom.

The Sanhedrin concocted a plan to take Jesus and arrest him. They had to do it in secret, at night, so his many followers would not defend him as they would be asleep. They trumped up some charges against the man to warrant his arrest, had a "mock" trial, but they could not stone him because it was the Passover.

They had to get rid of Jesus before the Passover went into full swing, so they brought him to Pilate. Pilate, who hated the Jews, initially didn't want to crucify Jesus for one reason only; to piss off the Sanhedrin.

However, the Jewish priests in Pilates court said something to the effect of, "He claims to be a king, and if you let a king go in Caesars kingdom, we will make sure Caesar knows what you did."

Now blackmailed, Pilate crucified Jesus, and placed upon the cross, "Jesus, King of the Jews," not so much as because Jesus was a king, but rather to mock the Jews and to piss off the Sanhedrin once again by demonstrating how the powerful Romans killed their king.

After that, the life of Jesus was embellished by his followers into what we see today in the gospels.

That's my opinion of Jesus of Nazareth from a historical perspective. Understanding spiritual perspectives is another entirely different discussion. Here's a teaser from the Gospel of Thomas:

114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

Despite Christians claiming this verse to be a later interpolation, I know it is in the original text. It works seamlessly with the philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth.

How do I know?

Wink

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post