I Hate Coffee.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2012, 03:12 PM
RE: I Hate Coffee.
Lloyath, Beware. I, too, hated coffee and anything remotely coffee-flavored. On a cross country car trip by myself four years ago, I resigned myself to drinking coffee, laced with large amounts of cocoa, in order to drive all day. Now I live for the stuff and strive always to obtain a better cup. I can drink it any old way. (I live in Seattle too, where there's a coffee hut, not just Starbucks, on every corner. I even know of a corner where there are two Starbucks across the street from one another.)

On your other subject, I hate when people use question marks at the end of statements (WTH?!!), and randomly capitalize words within a sentence for no apparent reason, verbs, nouns, anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes socken's post
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
(30-05-2012 05:39 AM)Luminon Wrote:  Frankly, I don't like coffee either, or rather I don't think it's here to be liked. I consider coffee and tea (and alcohol) as customary social or ritual beverages, that allow us some excuse to hang out together, make things easier and do whatever we set out to do. That means I'll drink anything without complaints, but I will think it all tastes like crap and nobody should waste on me any stuff they consider special or ask for my opinion on what we drink. And sugar is welcome.

I drink tap water. And half-blend of instant coffee with chicory and oat milk powder, it's purely bitter, without this sour aftertaste typical for coffee. I'd also drink fruit juice if I didn't consider it awfully overpriced.
I will disabuse you of your mistaken notions. There are people who love coffee and/or tea and can discern and identify differences in origin, blend, and roasting. The same is true of various alcoholic beverages. And if your coffee has a sour aftertaste, you're drinking bad coffee.

As for instant coffee+chicory+oat milk - Hobo Weeping Censored .

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-06-2012, 03:24 PM
(28-05-2012 01:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  I like both coffee and tea, but I hate when they serve tea in a restaurant from a carafe that previously held coffee. You can't get the flavor of coffee out of the carafe by just washing it, it sticks. And it tastes awful when you mix tea and coffee.

They have served this to me even at fancy places. What is so hard about using designated carafes? Geez!
Suzy Homemaker hint of the day:
Wash any coffee or tea vessel in OxiClean - wipes out all traces of it.

03-06-2012, 03:26 PM
(28-05-2012 02:44 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(28-05-2012 12:05 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But I hate when I think I've been given a chocolate chip cookie and it turns out to be raisins instead. Dodgy
This x 1000
I really enjoy a nice brown-sugary oatmeal raisin cookie - but not when my mouth was expecting chocolate chip cookie. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-06-2012, 01:03 AM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2012 01:13 AM by Jedah.)
I hate trolls.
They make me want to troll ,too.

One word: UNINSTALL, pls!

Life is too important to be taken seriously.
- Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user