I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 08:00 PM
RE: I Have a Bad Feeling About This
(30-10-2012 07:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 07:29 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  I really can't see any downside to this. Disney has proven they can produce spectacular blockbuster movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, 6 awesome Marvel movies), while all Lucas has done in the last decade is prove that he can't write or direct his way out of a wet paper bag. The less creative control he has over the new movies the better. The lore and the universe are there for a filmmaker who knows what they're doing to pick up the reigns and do something truly epic, especially with the amount of money I'm sure Disney will throw at this. I think they should throw the whole thing at Joss Whedon. His writing and direction are some of the best in the buisness, and he's pretty much universally loved by fans of sci-fi and fantasy. And with Avengers to his credit now, he's shown he has the chops to handle a project of this magnitude. "Star Wars written and directed by Joss Whedon" would set off a Pavlovian torrent of nerd drool that would make Nancy look like April showers.

Ooooh, I like the idea of Joss Whedon. He can sneak in some elements of Firefly into it with massive amounts of cash. This gets Erxomai's three thumbs up of approval. Thumbsup x3

Captain Mal replaces Han Solo in the smuggler/charming rogue roll.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Pavlov's_Ape's post
30-10-2012, 08:04 PM
(30-10-2012 08:00 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 07:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Ooooh, I like the idea of Joss Whedon. He can sneak in some elements of Firefly into it with massive amounts of cash. This gets Erxomai's three thumbs up of approval. Thumbsup x3

Captain Mal replaces Han Solo in the smuggler/charming rogue roll.

The Browncoats are the new Rebel Alliance!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-10-2012, 08:15 PM
(30-10-2012 08:04 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(30-10-2012 08:00 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  Captain Mal replaces Han Solo in the smuggler/charming rogue roll.

The Browncoats are the new Rebel Alliance!

We should petition Disney to just buy the rights to Firefly lol.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
31-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Proof there is no god!. On the upside George Lucas can no longer fuck with the films. On the downside it's Disney. Just picture it. Another trillogy but filled with jarjar binks to make them "family movies" *shudders*
31-10-2012, 06:37 AM
Yeah, Disney is evil, but I ain't seeing how it makes it any worse. The last Star Wars was just unwatchable. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Disney providing the budget and production, Joss Whedon as writer, Christopher Nolan as director. Suggested actors, without knowing the script: Leonardo DiCaprio (based on his performance in Inception), Liam Neeson, Kate Winslet, Summer Glau. And I think there should be cameos from James Earl Jones, Eric Idle, and David Tennant.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
02-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Hmmm, guess not a lot of you read the actual article. You see, Disney will not be taking over Star Wars movies, LucasFilms is still going to make the new movies and is still the owner of the Star Wars. Disney has bought the whole LucasFilms. So, while Disney is the main owner of the movies, Disney as such will not be making the movies, LucasFilms are going to do it. This means that nothing will change, concerning the new movies. LucasFilms will make them, they will only get more money sooner now that they have a roof over their heads, which can be translated as the fact that the movies will be made sooner that Lucas himself wanted/cared.

As for the cast of actors Phaedrus suggested, it is awful. First 3 movies were great because (among the sea of other good things) they used unknown actors. If Leo DiCaprio is in a movie like this, he would act as something (someone) that takes away a part of movie glory. Second 3 parts of the movie also did not contain too much famous actors. Only Liam Neeson was famous at that time. This fact has a lot to do with the quality of the movie. Big, well known superstars just take away the glory of the movie. Better not to use them.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-11-2012, 08:12 AM
I think the fact that an Episode VII has been announced regadless of Disney intervention or otherwise is cause to have a bad feeling about what's coming. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
02-11-2012, 08:34 AM
[Image: Micktler.jpg]
Fuck Dizny

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
05-11-2012, 04:44 AM
(02-11-2012 03:19 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hmmm, guess not a lot of you read the actual article.

Pfft. What's the point of reading stuff when you can scan the title and go all reactionary and shit? Besides, reading is for nerds. Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post