I Have a Bad Feeling About This

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I Have a Bad Feeling About This
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/J...s/?a=69442

It's not April, right?

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: I Have a Bad Feeling About This
I share your initial concern, yet I also think, can they really do any worse than episodes 1-3? Maybe there's hope for redemption. Maybe. Unsure

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 03:30 PM
If they put production value into like they did the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, I'll pay to watch them.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
30-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Snow White and the Seven Jedi?

Sleeping Yoda?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
30-10-2012, 06:49 PM
pfft... he shoulda handed that shit to Peter Jackson....

We'd have a StarWars on the scale of Lord of the Rings.... Unsure

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
30-10-2012, 07:02 PM
(30-10-2012 06:49 PM)ddrew Wrote:  pfft... he shoulda handed that shit to Peter Jackson....

We'd have a StarWars on the scale of Lord of the Rings.... Unsure

As long as he sticks to original material - he fucks up other people's stories.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-10-2012, 07:29 PM
I really can't see any downside to this. Disney has proven they can produce spectacular blockbuster movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, 6 awesome Marvel movies), while all Lucas has done in the last decade is prove that he can't write or direct his way out of a wet paper bag. The less creative control he has over the new movies the better. The lore and the universe are there for a filmmaker who knows what they're doing to pick up the reigns and do something truly epic, especially with the amount of money I'm sure Disney will throw at this. I think they should throw the whole thing at Joss Whedon. His writing and direction are some of the best in the buisness, and he's pretty much universally loved by fans of sci-fi and fantasy. And with Avengers to his credit now, he's shown he has the chops to handle a project of this magnitude. "Star Wars written and directed by Joss Whedon" would set off a Pavlovian torrent of nerd drool that would make Nancy look like April showers.

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
[+] 1 user Likes Pavlov's_Ape's post
30-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Disney is an evil corporation. I despise Disney. I really do. This immense hatred for the mouse only grew when I became a dad and realized that I was going to have to become a willing participant in the machine that is Disney. (I didn't but don't tell the feds.)

They bought out Marvel a while back now and ... well...

However I am surprised Lucas sold the company, it really boggles my mind because even though he will die and leave a financial empire behind for his family I pegged him as a guy who would die holding that shit in his greasy old mitts, his last words being something like "How much money is Jar Jar worth now mwa hahaha".

There isn't much Disney can do to fuck shit up, except maybe when it comes to dealing with the gaming branch. Maybe they didn't get that part I dunno. The movies have already been fucked since Lucas took full control of them. He's not good at stuff. It will be interesting to see where they take it. One things for sure, they can't whore it out more than it already has been.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
30-10-2012, 07:39 PM
Look out: another Jar Jar Binks, but on steroids this time.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
30-10-2012, 07:45 PM
(30-10-2012 07:29 PM)Pavlovs_Ape Wrote:  I really can't see any downside to this. Disney has proven they can produce spectacular blockbuster movies (Pirates of the Caribbean, 6 awesome Marvel movies), while all Lucas has done in the last decade is prove that he can't write or direct his way out of a wet paper bag. The less creative control he has over the new movies the better. The lore and the universe are there for a filmmaker who knows what they're doing to pick up the reigns and do something truly epic, especially with the amount of money I'm sure Disney will throw at this. I think they should throw the whole thing at Joss Whedon. His writing and direction are some of the best in the buisness, and he's pretty much universally loved by fans of sci-fi and fantasy. And with Avengers to his credit now, he's shown he has the chops to handle a project of this magnitude. "Star Wars written and directed by Joss Whedon" would set off a Pavlovian torrent of nerd drool that would make Nancy look like April showers.

Ooooh, I like the idea of Joss Whedon. He can sneak in some elements of Firefly into it with massive amounts of cash. This gets Erxomai's three thumbs up of approval. Thumbsup x3

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My