I&I is losing his shit right now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 12:42 PM
RE: I&I is losing his shit right now.
(06-03-2014 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've never given you a negative rep, in fact, I've only given out one neg rep in my whole time I've been a member.Shoo fly!

Mom, the one time I remember you getting irate with me, and which did result in negative ratings from other women (though not you) was in the abortion thread when I argued that libertarians are the only ones who are actually pro-choice, and its a hypocritical ruse when the left says it.

WitchSabrina can go on about how it's woman's right to choose, the baby is part of her body, and it is her decision what to do with it, and that politicians have no right to get up in her private parts telling her what to do.... Then when I said "Well what if the woman wants to deliver the baby with an unlicensed midwife", her reply was that the police need to get involved because that is not an acceptable choice and politicians do need to tell a woman what she may and may not with her reproductive system. And when I said 'What if she wants to transport drugs in her private parts', suddenly leftist feminists are arguing the police need to tie her down and violate her getting up inside her to be sure she's not using her reproductive system in an unapproved manner. And then I said that means you're not "pro-choice", you're "pro-multiple-choice" and are actually on the same side of the debate as the religious ring-wingnuts. Both of you agree politicians must tell a woman what she may and may not do with her body, both agree a woman who makes the "wrong choice" should be hauled off at gunpoint.....

That thread resulted in a lot of hate and negative reputation. If I had just said "I'm pro-life and you're killing babies", nobody would have gotten outraged. BUT, when I said 'you guys are hypocrites and no different from the people you are condemning', THAT is what gets you in trouble on the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 12:59 PM
(06-03-2014 12:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  I though I&I was banned because he went out of his way to be a dick.... That will be your undoing too, Frank.

BnW, that is a productive comment. But, I'll let you in on a secret too. The only reason I come on this forum is for the guilty pleasure of riling people up. The whole fun, for me at least, is to see how angry people get over this stuff. It's a fucking anonymous online forum.

In real life, back when I lived in the US, you could NEVER say what's on your mind without getting death threats. And one of my closest friends was very high ranking in the government, and I got to to some high brow parties, even with the President, where it was so important to be politically correct. You would hear Americans say the most ignorant, obnoxious, offensive things. I remember when the UN report came out that Clinton's sanctions killed half a million Iraq children, and Secty of State got on TV and said it was worth it. I heard comments from well connected that Iraqi people are simply animals. Like they need to be put out of their misery. Of course, you just have to bite your tongue and say nothing. Or, when you hear feminists go on about a 'woman's right to choose' and then in the same breath call for men and women to be hauled off for making choices they don't approve of. A forum like this is a place to do what you can't do in real life and tell people what you really think.

And the forum moderators were clear to I&I. He could stay, despite being an asshole, if he just laid off on the Israel posts.
06-03-2014, 01:00 PM
(06-03-2014 12:42 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I've been testing that theory and so far it appears this forum allows you to be a total dick without any repercussions.

It took I&I months to get banned. Keep at it, you'll get there I'm sure.

No...I'm pretty sure you can be a long time obnoxious dick and not get banned. Bucky, Taq, and EK are prefect examples.
06-03-2014, 01:01 PM
(06-03-2014 12:42 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've never given you a negative rep, in fact, I've only given out one neg rep in my whole time I've been a member.Shoo fly!

Mom, the one time I remember you getting irate with me, and which did result in negative ratings from other women (though not you) was in the abortion thread when I argued that libertarians are the only ones who are actually pro-choice, and its a hypocritical ruse when the left says it.

WitchSabrina can go on about how it's woman's right to choose, the baby is part of her body, and it is her decision what to do with it, and that politicians have no right to get up in her private parts telling her what to do.... Then when I said "Well what if the woman wants to deliver the baby with an unlicensed midwife", her reply was that the police need to get involved because that is not an acceptable choice and politicians do need to tell a woman what she may and may not with her reproductive system. And when I said 'What if she wants to transport drugs in her private parts', suddenly leftist feminists are arguing the police need to tie her down and violate her getting up inside her to be sure she's not using her reproductive system in an unapproved manner. And then I said that means you're not "pro-choice", you're "pro-multiple-choice" and are actually on the same side of the debate as the religious ring-wingnuts. Both of you agree politicians must tell a woman what she may and may not do with her body, both agree a woman who makes the "wrong choice" should be hauled off at gunpoint.....

That thread resulted in a lot of hate and negative reputation. If I had just said "I'm pro-life and you're killing babies", nobody would have gotten outraged. BUT, when I said 'you guys are hypocrites and no different from the people you are condemning', THAT is what gets you in trouble on the forum.

Firstly, never did I become irate with you. If I had, you would have known it. Instead I dismissed you and your arguments and eventually disengaged from the topic.

Secondly, I haven't any control over your words and how they are interpreted by others. Any negative rep you received isn't any of my concern -- and highly doubtful that I was any type of catalyst of such. Your words belong to you and you're judged by them. Not just on that thread but on every thread you chose to involve yourself or participate in.

I don't judge people based on their reputation, I judge them often silently, on how they behave, what they say and how they go about saying it -- and it's never just one thread...

It's always the sum total of many threads.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-03-2014, 01:20 PM
(06-03-2014 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't judge people based on their reputation, I judge them often silently, on how they behave, what they say and how they go about saying it -- and it's never just one thread...

If you're a moderator now, do you have access to the private warnings sent to I&I? Because the ones he shared with me were simply warning him not to talk about Israel.

It's ok to deny HIV causes AIDS and encourage unsafe practices. It's ok to embrace the political system of North Korea. But, don't dare point out the atrocities Israel is hoping people will forget. So Revenant's comments that he was banned for sending spam and being a dick, imo, do not jive with the warnings he got.
06-03-2014, 01:25 PM
(06-03-2014 01:00 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:42 PM)BnW Wrote:  It took I&I months to get banned. Keep at it, you'll get there I'm sure.

No...I'm pretty sure you can be a long time obnoxious dick and not get banned. Bucky, Taq, and EK are prefect examples.

There is a difference between being a dick to everyone and being a dick to an individual. I&I went out of his way to just be a dick in general. Think big bomb vs pistol. Two posters get into a spat, everyone else is entertained. One poster picks a fight with the forum in general, that will get attention.

Basically, of you want to be treated with respect, you must treat others respectfully. It's not that complicated.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
06-03-2014, 01:26 PM
(06-03-2014 12:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  Just as a point of fact, the eugenics issue was not at the core of what drove the Nazis. They certainly embraced it, but it was not their reason for being.

I won't say it was their reason for being. But I will say that it was a primary justification for exterminating an unpopular minority which they deemed unfit to participate in the gene pool. It was how they convinced themselves it was for the greater good, for the glory of Germany.

Would there have been a holocaust if the US Supreme Court hadn't affirmed the state's right to cull 'inferior genes'? It's impossible to say. As you point out, there were lots of contributing factors. But IMO it definitely was significant because, the US, the "land of the free", the "defender of liberty", by endorsing the Nazi's eugenics agenda, added legitimacy.
06-03-2014, 01:28 PM
(06-03-2014 01:20 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't judge people based on their reputation, I judge them often silently, on how they behave, what they say and how they go about saying it -- and it's never just one thread...

If you're a moderator now, do you have access to the private warnings sent to I&I? Because the ones he shared with me were simply warning him not to talk about Israel.

It's ok to deny HIV causes AIDS and encourage unsafe practices. It's ok to embrace the political system of North Korea. But, don't dare point out the atrocities Israel is hoping people will forget. So Revenant's comments that he was banned for sending spam and being a dick, imo, do not jive with the warnings he got.

I was involved with everything that was done with I&I being banned. It took 7+ weeks from first warning to final ban and I very much doubt he told you anything other than his selective narrative. Israel was given as an example of threads for him not to start multiple versions of. Notice that there is currently a thread about denying the holocaust open. Your version of events is wrong and as per normal with you you are now going to deny reality and escape down the rabbit hole of your imagination.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 7 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-03-2014, 01:46 PM
I gave I&I every chance in the world to stop what he was doing. I was so lenient on I&I it was ridiculous. In the end, he couldn't obey the rules.

You know fragments of the story and you were given pieces of information from I&I that (obviously) made him look like the victim.

With that being said, you can have your opinion, but don't pretend like you know what happened or what was done to try and help I&I. Based on the information you've shared, you are about 95% ignorant of the entire situation; likewise, it's actually none of your business nor are you entitled to see/know the warnings and steps that were taken that eventually led to his ban.

If you've got a problem with it, click this link.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 7 users Like kingschosen's post
06-03-2014, 02:04 PM
(06-03-2014 01:26 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:40 PM)BnW Wrote:  Just as a point of fact, the eugenics issue was not at the core of what drove the Nazis. They certainly embraced it, but it was not their reason for being.

I won't say it was their reason for being. But I will say that it was a primary justification for exterminating an unpopular minority which they deemed unfit to participate in the gene pool. It was how they convinced themselves it was for the greater good, for the glory of Germany.

Would there have been a holocaust if the US Supreme Court hadn't affirmed the state's right to cull 'inferior genes'? It's impossible to say. As you point out, there were lots of contributing factors. But IMO it definitely was significant because, the US, the "land of the free", the "defender of liberty", by endorsing the Nazi's eugenics agenda, added legitimacy.

Well, you did say it was their reason for being, but I'll let you back off it. And, i don't think the US has anything to do with Nazi policies toward Jews. Hitler and his thugs were on that kick from the moment the party formed. It wasn't their reason for forming the party and taking power but it was part of their make up from day 1.

Hitler and his thugs actually knew very little about the US. They saw us as weak and unimportant. They grossly underestimated our resources and manufacturing capability. I doubt any thing we did mattered to them beyond the propaganda value.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost