I&I is losing his shit right now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: I&I is losing his shit right now.
... And why was that twit I$I brought up again?

Is somebody going to make an FZU thread now or something?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
(06-03-2014 02:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... And why was that twit I$I brought up again?

Because his favorite news source just got a public black eye.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-03-2014, 02:49 PM
(06-03-2014 11:29 AM)frankksj Wrote:  P.S. I can confirm from personal experience whenever I make posts that are weak, or if I misspeak about something, nobody gets riled up. Your ideological opponents seem quite happy. When you get in trouble is when you make a post that is very hard-hitting, fact-filled and poses challenges that back your ideological opponents into a corner where they cannot answer without looking dumb. That is when they go and give you negative reputation.....

The following exchange is an example of what I think Frank is talking about.

(04-03-2014 07:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-03-2014 07:41 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  So God is not powerful enough to prevent suffering?

Suffering evolved because it is useful. Why should God want to prevent it?

Rampant asks a question to which he obviously already knows the answer. I respond with a question which highlights the problem I have with the "problem of evil" argument atheists often use. He is stumped by the question and instead of answering it....next thing you know he is neg repping me.

This happens a lot.
06-03-2014, 02:53 PM
(06-03-2014 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... And why was that twit I$I brought up again?

Because his favorite news source just got a public black eye.

He's not even here! No we just have Frank who may well be losing his shit, and Heywood who has obviously lost it long before he came here!

You people make no sense at all!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-03-2014, 03:11 PM
(06-03-2014 02:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because his favorite news source just got a public black eye.

RT isn't any worse imo than a lot of other media outlets. You don't think Fox carefully chooses the narrative and selectively reports on those issues that fit their agenda, including whitewashing stories they don't want to talk about?

I hope RT survives because, imo, they serve an important role. It's a given that you cannot trust a state-run agency to accurately report on their own state's issues, so any of their reporting about Russia is worthless. And, it's true that they tried to make the US look bad. But this meant they reported on stuff that all the mainstream US media wouldn't touch.

For example, during the 2012 GOP convention, despite blocking Ron Paul's delegates from entering the building, he still had enough delegates to get his name on the ballot. So John Boehner held a voice vote to change the election rules on they fly to remove Ron Paul from the ballot, and when cameras caught the results of the voice vote on that moron's teleprompter even before the vote took place, all the US news agencies turned off their cameras and refused to cover the incident and the mayhem that resulted. But RT was relishing in it. If this happened in another country, it would have been headline news across the US news media that they rigged the election and had a sham democracy. But the US media whitewashed it, just like the Russian media is doing with Crimea now.

Bottom line is, imo, it serves a public interest to have the US's "frienemy" broadcasting in the US because, if taken with a grain of salt, there are nuggets of valuable information there you don't get elsewhere.
06-03-2014, 03:15 PM
(06-03-2014 02:04 PM)BnW Wrote:  Well, you did say it was their reason for being, but I'll let you back off it. And, i don't think the US has anything to do with Nazi policies toward Jews. Hitler and his thugs were on that kick from the moment the party formed. It wasn't their reason for forming the party and taking power but it was part of their make up from day 1.

You're right. Their hatred of Jews was well documented for centuries. I probably overstate the connection to the eugenics movement to counter those who deny there is any connection (ie the "eugenics deniers" are imo just like the "holocaust deniers").

However, there was a good book that documented the support the US provided the Nazi's, and the role the US eugenics movement had, and the connection was a lot stronger than you think, and the US was definitely an enabler. As I recall it was Hegemony or Survival, and they had actual state department memos showing the US's support.
06-03-2014, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 08:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
Ah, fuck me. My bad. It took me so long to craft my post that I ended up derailing a rerail. Pay no attention. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

(06-03-2014 11:02 AM)frankksj Wrote:  Here's the inconvenient truth... I&I was banned not for the crazy, nonsensical shit he said, he was banned because of posts that were factually accurate which expressed a viewpoint shared by many intellectuals, such as Noam Chomsky.
And the forum moderators were clear to I&I. He could stay, despite being an asshole, if he just laid off on the Israel posts.

Nope, that wasn't it. I ain't a mod and don't generally participate in banning discussions because 1) I don't believe in it, find alternatives, 2) it ain't my call and Girly would never accept it as my call 'cause Girly ain't no fool, and 3) I trust those making the call to make the right call and don't question it no more. I mean hell, Seth trusts them and don't question their calls. Good enough for Girly. Ain't my name on the forum.

(06-03-2014 12:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  I thought I&I was banned because he went out of his way to be a dick. That may be a stupid reason, but that is my take on it, and i watched it as a mostly disinterested party.

That will be your undoing too, Frank.

Nope. Prickness ain't a bannable offense and hell Frank ain't even being an asshole let alone a dick let alone a prick. He just has strong opinions, many of which I just disagree with. But we can disagree agreeably.

(06-03-2014 12:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  I though I&I was banned because he went out of his way to be a dick.

I've been testing that theory and so far it appears this forum allows you to be a total dick without any repercussions.

Now you are generally an asshole who can go full on hardon prick in a single post and I doubt you are going to be exiled unless you go outta your way to seriously disrupt the forum in some sorta denial of service spam attack like STARTING 5-10 THREADS ON THE SAME FUCKING TOPIC A DAY instead of adding posts to existing threads. At least that's my understanding of IdiotSquared's exile. I think the mods will likely just split your prick posts off into a separate thread. Don't get me wrong HeyWouldYouBlowMe, think those might end up being the most entertaining threads here. Creative use of insulting expletives is far more interesting to me than "Is God?" ... you santorum felching useless piece of dingleberry shit. Big Grin

(06-03-2014 01:46 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I gave I&I every chance in the world to stop what he was doing. I was so lenient on I&I it was ridiculous. In the end, he couldn't obey the rules.

Yup. Not only do I trust the "nihilist dressed in the Calvinist clown costume aspiring to be an existentialist" 's judgment, he was fool enough to take on the responsibility in the first place. Silly, silly man. Now it's his obligation and he takes his obligations seriously. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-03-2014, 08:21 PM
(06-03-2014 03:15 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 02:04 PM)BnW Wrote:  Well, you did say it was their reason for being, but I'll let you back off it. And, i don't think the US has anything to do with Nazi policies toward Jews. Hitler and his thugs were on that kick from the moment the party formed. It wasn't their reason for forming the party and taking power but it was part of their make up from day 1.

You're right. Their hatred of Jews was well documented for centuries. I probably overstate the connection to the eugenics movement to counter those who deny there is any connection (ie the "eugenics deniers" are imo just like the "holocaust deniers").

However, there was a good book that documented the support the US provided the Nazi's, and the role the US eugenics movement had, and the connection was a lot stronger than you think, and the US was definitely an enabler. As I recall it was Hegemony or Survival, and they had actual state department memos showing the US's support.

I'd need to read the book before I accept that. That is contrary to my understanding of how we viewed the Nazis. That said, there were certainly people in US industry who were sympathetic to the Nazis and wanted to do business with them. GH Bush's own father was one of them, and he actually did business with the Nazi government after it was against the law to do so. There are a number of links you can find on google about that whole thing.

As for the Eugenics movement in the US, we did some pretty atrocious things in terms of forced sterlization, but were were not committing wholesale murder the way the Nazis were. I'm not just referring to the Jews. Years before the war started they were killing off all kinds of people they felt did not meet their criteria of the "master race". People with mental and physical disabilities were outright murdered.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-03-2014, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 09:20 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
Hey, Frank, there are newbies coming and people just get banned. Routine forum stuff. Nothing big deal.

I don't have much to add to this I&I getting banned thing. But in China's big forums (or at least the one I frequent), when somebody becomes a moderator, he/she creates another ID for such purpose, and that ID is rarely used in ordinary discussion irrelavent to forum issues. It adds a little more sense of impartiality and much less stimulus to a potential conflict with the Mods.

I got my warnings when I put pictures for fun in the news section and later not in a single thread in the coffeehouse. Now I put all the interesting stuff in one Ukraine thread, I get no warning. I kinda accept some Mods' likely obsession with this one thread tide up gather together thing. After all, this is a private forum focusing on atheism. Rules are rules.

Ah, how I wished I could write an email to the 1989 Chinese government, adding a little more to the previous using hygene and antiepidemic excuses suggestion. Call it a SPAM. No more than 10 threads on that topic on a single day. Manual sticking should be totally banned.

Jokingly, I think Seth should charge a fee when someone wants to open a thread here, which lets the magic invisible hand of "capital" (as in Capitalism) to work and will greatly reduce Mods' work of getting rid of I&I brand of 'SPAMs', right ?

Want something? Then do something.
06-03-2014, 09:09 PM
(06-03-2014 01:20 PM)frankksj Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 01:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't judge people based on their reputation, I judge them often silently, on how they behave, what they say and how they go about saying it -- and it's never just one thread...

If you're a moderator now, do you have access to the private warnings sent to I&I? Because the ones he shared with me were simply warning him not to talk about Israel.

It's ok to deny HIV causes AIDS and encourage unsafe practices. It's ok to embrace the political system of North Korea. But, don't dare point out the atrocities Israel is hoping people will forget. So Revenant's comments that he was banned for sending spam and being a dick, imo, do not jive with the warnings he got.

As usual, you are not listening.

He was banned, in part, for spamming the forum with multiple posts on the same subject time and again.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user