I LOL'd as an atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2011, 03:27 AM
RE: I LOL'd as an atheist
This last picture is a proof how ignorant all the Christians are. In ancient Rome people were not nailed to the cross through their palms, but through their wrist, because the palms would tear up and you would fall from the cross, the wrist is a much stronger place to nail someone. This is maybe the biggest mistake ALL the Christians do and believe, all the Jesus crosses are made showing him with nails on the wrong part. They could not make even such a basic thing right. So all those lunatics who think they have stigmas, if the stigmas are on your palms, you are definitely, 100% wrong...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
30-06-2011, 06:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2011 03:30 AM by blasphemy fan.)
(30-06-2011 03:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  This last picture is a proof how ignorant all the Christians are. In ancient Rome people were not nailed to the cross through their palms, but through their wrist, because the palms would tear up and you would fall from the cross, the wrist is a much stronger place to nail someone. This is maybe the biggest mistake ALL the Christians do and believe, all the Jesus crosses are made showing him with nails on the wrong part. They could not make even such a basic thing right. So all those lunatics who think they have stigmas, if the stigmas are on your palms, you are definitely, 100% wrong...

Smile

Unfortunately, I have to go now, I owe, I owe,...

But when I return this afternoon, I'll get into finding the place where I read that crosses were never used, scaffolds were. Boards between 2 posts, 1 for hands, one for feet. Several people could be killed at the same time, using only 2 uprights, and long horizontal boards. I need to find that website again. It's history based, not bible based site.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After a few hours of research, I only found 1 listing of scaffolding used in Google. I went to the page, only to find it being another christian page, more into the religious experience of christ than a true historical document of actual crucifiction. I couldn't find one single site like the one I read years ago for some odd reason. Virtually every site I found today was riddled with religious "historic accounts", which means of coarse that their historical value is very low.

I did find several sites saying that christ's cross may well have been a "T", not a cross per say. There were also many listings of "X" crosses having been used, as I had read of before, but the zombie wasn't put on one of those in any account. There were also many listings of poles being used, just a vertical post, with no cross board.

When I had looked this up some years ago, I had found many truly recorded historical accounts of crucification, but I only found one that was not full of bible references today. In my opinion, any "historic" account that uses bible verses as historic documentation is in effect, false. So I would have to say that my new search in effect, was a failure. I have no clue what became of the sites I had seen years ago. I know sometimes sites come down, or are changed, but I did not expect the historical accounts of crucification to be wiped from the web.

I just stumbled across a book in Google books called "Decipher" by Stel Pavlou that lists scaffolds instead of crosses, as well as mentioning that the "Halo" was was an artist added image aquired from Greek sun god Helios symbol. I'd like to find his sources.

Perhaps another day, I'll look again.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
30-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Now that you mention that, I heard about that also, but I never got a chance to confirm that. I don't think it is that hard to find the truth, there was hundreds of historians in Rome and Roman Republic/Empire throughout history, so they must have had left some evidence about crosses, or something other they used. I can not believe that that is not a very well known fact 100% bulletproof. Christianproof...

Smile

Please give us some link when you come back.

-Hunter S. Thompson
30-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Crosses were used, but it is unlikely Jesus would have been crucified on one. Jesus was said to have been crucified with several others at the entrance to the city. Like BF mentioned, this was usually done on a scaffold. Crosses were used when the crucified were used to line the roads into a city as a warning to would be criminals, then more cruified on a large scaffold as a final "beware" before entering the city. Using crosses for mass crucifiction would be far more laborious than nescessary. Thats the same reason they WERE used on roadsides - one post hole to dig, one post to set, when the victims are placed farther apart.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder if Jesus had been executed in some other way what his followers might wear around their necks?
Like say if he had been spiked, vlad style, or beheaded? I say they got lucky with the cross because it's not as tacky as a bloody poo spike or a guillotine.

Although I think it's still as disturbing that they wear the device they all believed was used to slowly kill their messiah. Kindda sick and twisted.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2011, 05:15 AM
Considering all this, I would say that they used different things (crosses of a sort) and only God knows what they used for Jesus.

Smile

Am I right? Ha?

Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
01-07-2011, 02:24 PM
(01-07-2011 05:15 AM)Filox Wrote:  Considering all this, I would say that they used different things (crosses of a sort) and only God knows what they used for Jesus.

Smile

jesus who? Tongue

Probably just used a cartoon cross, it would be appropriate.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
04-07-2011, 07:00 AM
(28-06-2011 06:38 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I was in northern Italy so the only long stairs were for the duomos, which have no alternative. If you want to really gain a hatred for Catholicism visit the basilica and monastery of St. Francis. I was so disgusted..... While in the churches I didn't really feel overwhelmed by their beauty I was actually disgusted by the deceptive ceilings and all the eye catching things that just made it hard to be in the place. Just like my childhood church experiences it was all just so obviously built to help people lower their guard.

Interesting. I was in the duomos of northern Italy a number of years ago and it had the opposite impact on me. I was really overwhelmed by them and the idea that a bunch of guys with hand tools and no heavy machinery could build something so incredibly impressive. Just the engineering involved of constructing something like that with 16th century technology blew me away.

Of course, I wasn't even thinking of the religious aspects of it, so maybe that was the difference.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
09-07-2011, 11:18 PM

You should of walked up those stairs normally and videotaped the reactions of everyone else. Then you should of gone down the escalators and repeat the process for about an hour. Would have made a great video.
Quote this message in a reply