I Love This Place...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 03:20 PM
RE: I Love This Place...
(25-08-2015 03:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bunch of fucking surly pessimists in here. Jesus, what crawled up your asses?

Glad you like it here Matrim. Don't let Muffs scare you. There's one or two people kicking around here that can strip that orange from him if he gets too out of hand. Dodgy

LOL, thanks for the heads up. Likely (just judging from the norm) they're just intimidated is all. I mean, if in 3 days I can read a few posts, appreciate them, post a compliment, then post a couple other things and ask a couple questions to get me started - certainly won't be long until they're looking for an autograph or hanging themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-08-2015, 03:21 PM
(25-08-2015 03:04 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bunch of fucking surly pessimists in here. Jesus, what crawled up your asses?

Glad you like it here Matrim. Don't let Muffs scare you. There's one or two people kicking around here that can strip that orange from him if he gets too out of hand. Dodgy

And Good Day to you too, Sir! Dodgy Kindly vacate my ass.

Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2015, 03:27 PM
(25-08-2015 02:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...posting, maybe?

Dodgy

Well, I'd thought that was more 'participation' - but I can certainly see where that could be called 'contribution' as well (also makes sense, the icons on people's names) - although I wondered if there was some kind of 'monetary' contribution TTA has set up to help 'the cause'...which is what I had in mind when asking.

Seriously though - I do apologize for the minor misunderstanding (often saying the most ridiculous of things, and asking the most asinine questions, barely without recognition), and value your clearly superior wisdom and insight in the matter.

I will try and make at least one post today (but I won't count this one, cuz that'd be stupid!).

TongueBig Grin
25-08-2015, 03:30 PM
(25-08-2015 03:27 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...posting, maybe?

Dodgy

Well, I'd thought that was more 'participation' - but I can certainly see where that could be called 'contribution' as well (also makes sense, the icons on people's names) - although I wondered if there was some kind of 'monetary' contribution TTA has set up to help 'the cause'...which is what I had in mind when asking.

Seriously though - I do apologize for the minor misunderstanding (often saying the most ridiculous of things, and asking the most asinine questions, barely without recognition), and value your clearly superior wisdom and insight in the matter.

I will try and make at least one post today (but I won't count this one, cuz that'd be stupid!).

TongueBig Grin

On the main site there is a shop and a donation button if you are looking to make it rain for Seth. Doing so nets you a red name and some extra pm space and a nifty Icon next to your name.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
25-08-2015, 03:38 PM
(25-08-2015 09:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Morondog - You know that the series was finished by another author, right? (One with much better prose, in my opinion.) I loved the final 3 books; Sanderson got it right back on track, using Jordan's outline.
Well, I'm always suspicious of that kinda thing. I suspected Jordan of being a prick before he died too. He knew he had a tonne of people hooked, he could have crapped on a sandwich and they'd be queuing up to shove their money in his face for a taste. So he basically *did*. The bastard. I lost patience with him when he died so I never bothered with the rest of it. Maybe I will now that I've got the recommendation from you, but I can't shake the feeling that the publishers were just mining the remaining gold out of the vein.

Quote:But you pretty much have to be J.R.R. Tolkien himself, in terms of language and history skills, to come up with a changing language pattern and that degree of cultural change over time! It's possible he kept it that way for comprehensibility, since we were (as readers) having to absorb so many different cultures on that one world.
No, you could easily e.g. a. reduce your alleged time-span b. *just fucken have a few other cultures, for fuck's sake* c. Jordan already had some kinda "old" language e.g. Manetherenese or whatever the fuck they spoke in Manetheren, so he could totally borpa-up another few lingos. d. It's not fucken hard to simulate 8K years of history fer crying out loud. A few lost temples in the forest, some far more vague cultural similarities and Bob's yer uncle.

Quote:If you stopped reading before the final three books, I can definitely see where you think there are unnecessary "rabbit holes", but I felt that every one came to matter in the end. And the deaths of so many of the main characters in the final battle, and the ways in which they died, were amazing to me... especially Galad and Egwene.

Much as I liked Matt, my favorite characters were Faile, Lan, and Tam Al'Thor.
Sad I'm sad Galad and Egwene died, even if they were killed off by an impostor. Fucken authors. Just when you think you can hate them in peace...

Mat was def my favourite, otherwise I liked Perrin, Faile, that bard guy who Matt was friendly with... His female characters weren't helluva... engaging, as far as I was concerned, although at least they were pretty independent and did their own thing and fucked if they cared if the menfolk didn't approve. Jordan did have a knack for coming up with cool storylines.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-08-2015, 04:23 PM
(25-08-2015 03:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  On the main site there is a shop and a donation button if you are looking to make it rain for Seth. Doing so nets you a red name and some extra pm space and a nifty Icon next to your name.

Done, and done! Did the 'Become a Patron' thing - as well as bought:

1 Bumper Sticker
[Image: eGiBUzn.jpg]

2 Coffee Mugs
[Image: KlVsrRq.jpg]

1 Beer Mug
[Image: ZdIfxvE.jpg]

2 Shot Glasses
[Image: k64d826.jpg]

1 T-Shirt
[Image: mS1a4nC.jpg]

2 Wine Glasses
[Image: Hqf3NtG.jpg]

...I don't like to be invited to a party, and show up empty handed... Thumbsup
[+] 4 users Like Matrim Cauthon's post
25-08-2015, 04:32 PM
(25-08-2015 04:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 03:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  On the main site there is a shop and a donation button if you are looking to make it rain for Seth. Doing so nets you a red name and some extra pm space and a nifty Icon next to your name.

1 Bumper Sticker

2 Coffee Mugs

1 Beer Mug

2 Shot Glasses

1 T-Shirt

2 Wine Glasses

Well at least that will help your drinking problem. Now you have something to put it in. Big Grin PM either Admin with the email address you used when buying yer swag and once Seth confirms it you will be bumped up to Red Arm... err name. Tongue

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
25-08-2015, 04:32 PM
(25-08-2015 04:23 PM)Matrim Cauthon Wrote:  

1 Bumper Sticker

2 Coffee Mugs

1 Beer Mug

2 Shot Glasses

1 T-Shirt

2 Wine Glasses

Consider You're pretty focused on drinking unholy beverages Big Grin

25-08-2015, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2015 04:54 PM by Matrim Cauthon.)
(25-08-2015 04:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Well at least that will help your drinking problem. Now you have something to put it in. Big Grin PM either Admin with the email address you used when buying yer swag and once Seth confirms it you will be bumped up to Red Arm... err name. Tongue

Message sent (cc'd you). Thanks!

It will indeed help me with my drinking problem - not having to reach that extra 4in deeper into the cabinet for a different, much less cool beverage dispenser!

*Of course, if one is gathering courage to open the closet door, best to start out doing so with a good buzz! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Matrim Cauthon's post
25-08-2015, 04:53 PM
(25-08-2015 04:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Consider You're pretty focused on drinking unholy beverages Big Grin

...Imbibers were then only tools available with the TTA logo... I was a little disappointed they seemed a little prejudicial to my brothers and sisters from Colorado...buuuuuut I can understand some possible reasons why, so not too hurt over it. Wink