I Love When "Statistically Impossible" Biblical Prophecies Contradict One Another

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
I Love When "Statistically Impossible" Biblical Prophecies Contradict One Another
I Love when I come across two different claims of Biblical Prophecy being fulfilled, denying chance and statistics, and they contradict each other.

Shows just how easy it is to construct an "Amazing prophecy fulfillment" with a little fact twisting and speculation.

For example, these two claims are both based on the same prophecy, that of Daniel's "Abomination of Desolation", and they both claim the same fulfillment, the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount, yet they arrive at their conclusions in completely different fashions.

Observe;

The first claim is this;

607 B.C. the removal of the tamid

+ 1290 years the “1290 days” of Daniel 12:11

= 684 C.E. the construction of the Abomination – the Dome of the Rock
s

The second is this;

5. (KJV) Daniel 12:11: And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
(Tanach) - Daniel 12:11 And from the time the daily sacrifice was removed and the silent abomination placed, is one thousand, two hundred, and ninety.

Sacrifices were suspended three times in the Old Testament: once before Daniel (Chronicles 28:24-25), once during the Babylonian captivity in 583 BC (Chronicles 36:19 and Ezra 3:6), and once, about four hundred years later, by the Greek king Antiochus Epiphanies. Let's try the 583 date considering that the angel Gabriel may have had Daniel write about the abolition of sacrifices with which he was directly familiar.

Old Testament - day = year "language" is suggested in Genesis' account of the flood as 30 day months pointing to a 360 day prophetic year, each year being equal to .9857 solar year (360/365.24) of or our modern historical record that the event dating comes from. 1290 x .9857 = 1271.5 solar years. Subtracting 583 we arrive again at 688.5 AD. The founding year of The Dome of the Rock - THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION.

They both seem perfectly sound on their faces, but they contradict each other in dating and mathematical technique, they can't both be right...But, they can both be wrong.

Just one more reason why claims of Prophecy fulfillment by apologists usually can't be trusted.

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: I Love When "Statistically Impossible" Biblical Prophecies Contradict One Another
(02-06-2013 02:40 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  I Love when I come across two different claims of Biblical Prophecy being fulfilled, denying chance and statistics, and they contradict each other.

Shows just how easy it is to construct an "Amazing prophecy fulfillment" with a little fact twisting and speculation.

For example, these two claims are both based on the same prophecy, that of Daniel's "Abomination of Desolation", and they both claim the same fulfillment, the Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount, yet they arrive at their conclusions in completely different fashions.

Observe;

The first claim is this;

s

The second is this;

5. (KJV) Daniel 12:11: And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
(Tanach) - Daniel 12:11 And from the time the daily sacrifice was removed and the silent abomination placed, is one thousand, two hundred, and ninety.

Sacrifices were suspended three times in the Old Testament: once before Daniel (Chronicles 28:24-25), once during the Babylonian captivity in 583 BC (Chronicles 36:19 and Ezra 3:6), and once, about four hundred years later, by the Greek king Antiochus Epiphanies. Let's try the 583 date considering that the angel Gabriel may have had Daniel write about the abolition of sacrifices with which he was directly familiar.

Old Testament - day = year "language" is suggested in Genesis' account of the flood as 30 day months pointing to a 360 day prophetic year, each year being equal to .9857 solar year (360/365.24) of or our modern historical record that the event dating comes from. 1290 x .9857 = 1271.5 solar years. Subtracting 583 we arrive again at 688.5 AD. The founding year of The Dome of the Rock - THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION.

They both seem perfectly sound on their faces, but they contradict each other in dating and mathematical technique, they can't both be right...But, they can both be wrong.

Just one more reason why claims of Prophecy fulfillment by apologists usually can't be trusted.

Perhaps any innate cosmic message is to be found not in the historical directives of men bound in a specific time span, but in the ongoing debates to unravel what may well be some cosmic learning process.
03-06-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: I Love When "Statistically Impossible" Biblical Prophecies Contradict One Another
(02-06-2013 10:30 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(02-06-2013 02:40 PM)TheLastEnemy Wrote:  I Love when I come across two different claims of Biblical Prophecy being fulfilled, denying chance and statistics, and they contradict each other.

Observe;

The first claim is this;

s

The second is this;

Perhaps any innate cosmic message is to be found not in the historical directives of men bound in a specific time span, but in the ongoing debates to unravel what may well be some cosmic learning process.

What?

I Will have My revenge on AlternateHistory.com, in this life or the next Evil_monster

~WrappedInShadows (AKA Me)