I NEED YOUR HELP with a Book Title!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2012, 02:22 PM

I NEED YOUR HELP with a Book Title!!!
Fellow Atheist Brothers and Sisters,

I am embarking upon writing a book. Here is what happened and why I am writing the book.

My life and wife have been great up until recently!

Gasp!

My wife recently started believing in Aliens.
So much so that she’s going to an Alien belief Church and driving out to Area 51 to be closer to the aliens.

I love this woman more than anything. I don’t want to lose her. But it’s put her beliefs and my beliefs at odds.

So, what I propose to do is interview the TOP Alienologist and Alien Preachers about the existence of aliens. Even though my degree is a Bachelors of arts in Journalism, I am gonna put the whole Alien thing …oh..shall we say.. “ON TRIAL” and write a book about it. I will interview these experts as strongly as I can and get to the bottom of the fact and put it in a book. I DON’T plan on interviewing anyone from NASA, anyone in any aeronautics program, or any scientists on this endeavor. Just those I mentioned above.

I need your help………

WHAT should I title the book?
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: I NEED YOUR HELP with a Book Title!!!
"In the absence of the subject..."

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
15-03-2012, 02:35 PM
You don't really need a title until the book is finished - and even then, any prospective publisher will most likely change it.
For a working title, i'd suggest: In Search of ET
Though there are several books on it already, i think this is a good idea - might be a very interesting project and could even turn into a financial success.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
15-03-2012, 03:15 PM
It's worked several times for Lee Strobel...how about, A Case For Alien Probes?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
15-03-2012, 03:25 PM

(15-03-2012 03:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's worked several times for Lee Strobel...how about, A Case For Alien Probes?

HA! DING DING DING...winner winner, chicken dinner!

This was a truly sad and pathetic way of poking fun at Strobel. The wife has not gone bat shit crazy and i am not writing a book (my spelling and punctuation is atrocious!).

It was simply pulling a parallel between something as insane as Lee's M.O. and aliens.
Now SHAME on all of you who read and did not rake me over the coals for NOT including NASA and a single scientist!!!!

Sorry for the bad joke, but it was all in good fun.

Shows yet again that Exromai and I are more alike than we'd care to mention. Hey Exromai..who was the milkman in your neighborhood??? :-)

Denicio (who is evil, sinister..and quite possibly the Antichrist!)
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
15-03-2012, 03:32 PM
(15-03-2012 03:25 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-03-2012 03:15 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  It's worked several times for Lee Strobel...how about, A Case For Alien Probes?

HA! DING DING DING...winner winner, chicken dinner!

This was a truly sad and pathetic way of poking fun at Strobel. The wife has not gone bat shit crazy and i am not writing a book (my spelling and punctuation is atrocious!).

It was simply pulling a parallel between something as insane as Lee's M.O. and aliens.
Now SHAME on all of you who read and did not rake me over the coals for NOT including NASA and a single scientist!!!!

Sorry for the bad joke, but it was all in good fun.

Shows yet again that Exromai and I are more alike than we'd care to mention. Hey Exromai..who was the milkman in your neighborhood??? :-)

Denicio (who is evil, sinister..and quite possibly the Antichrist!)

I think for me it was all the Resurrection Band and Larry Norman and Stryper I used to listen to back in the day that helps me understand warped Evangelical thinking.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Too bad.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
15-03-2012, 09:32 PM
THEY ARE possibly OUT THERE!
15-03-2012, 09:39 PM
A Case for Blind Faith in Atheism

Oh wait sorry... no I was thinking about lee strobel and kirk cameron after reading erxomai's post.

How about something like - Skepticism: Are we alone? or something along those lines.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
16-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I guessed there was something amiss before the NASA bit (which did seem strange).

It was the "... I love this woman more than anything..." bit that gave you away.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I wrote my first book about atheism! billyinlights 4 90 05-07-2014 12:02 AM
Last Post: CindysRain
  What should I read / book club maybe? Smercury44 6 106 12-06-2014 09:26 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  A book about contemporary humanism/atheism? Hejhejhej 2 68 13-05-2014 01:43 AM
Last Post: Banjo
  State Book - Louisiana raven48 1 62 15-04-2014 01:53 PM
Last Post: wazzel
  All encompassing book about science proplayer44 5 124 17-03-2014 11:23 AM
Last Post: Chas
  TTA Book club (god is not Great) TheBeardedDude 37 1,318 12-02-2014 10:10 PM
Last Post: sporehux
  Comic book reccomendations. FSM_scot 53 2,940 21-12-2013 05:36 PM
Last Post: Slowminded