I Need Help Writing a Letter to the Court!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: I Need Help Writing a Letter to the Court!
(30-04-2013 04:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  No hardware. None. Drinking Beverage
But... but, Chas... Can I just... Okay Dodgy

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2013, 05:28 PM
They are almost invisible! I'd pick you but I'm not a lawyer.
Chas is most likely right, don't give them that reason to dismiss you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-04-2013, 05:51 PM
You sure don't need the metal detectors from stopping you from even entering the building.

Did they send you a dress code? Many places do.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
30-04-2013, 07:15 PM
They said, "Please dress appropriately- casual, comfortable attire is acceptable, but use good judgment."

That's it.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
30-04-2013, 07:19 PM
(30-04-2013 07:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  They said, "Please dress appropriately- casual, comfortable attire is acceptable, but use good judgment."

That's it.

Dress ultra conservatively then, try to look educated but not overly educated. The fact that you're a woman is in your favor.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-04-2013, 07:23 PM
(30-04-2013 07:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 07:15 PM)Peanut Wrote:  They said, "Please dress appropriately- casual, comfortable attire is acceptable, but use good judgment."

That's it.

Dress ultra conservatively then, try to look educated but not overly educated. The fact that you're a woman is in your favor.

Why's that?

30-04-2013, 07:39 PM
(30-04-2013 07:23 PM)Peanut Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 07:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Dress ultra conservatively then, try to look educated but not overly educated. The fact that you're a woman is in your favor.

Why's that?

Because of sexist reasons that lawyers use when selecting juries. Women tend to be favored by the defense and if you dress conservatively then the prosecution will have no objections.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Women are also more sympathetic.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
I can't help with your want to become a jury member as this is not really my area of expertise though I would just like to agree with you that I find court cases interesting. When I was 15-16 I would go and just sit and watch the court cases at my local court house! GOOD LUCK!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ReasonandScience's post
01-05-2013, 07:08 AM
(01-05-2013 12:32 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Women are also more sympathetic.

Presumably Drinking Beverage

I'll go with that, though if it works in my favor.
= )