I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 01:58 AM

I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
You know how it goes.
Just happily write below solid facts and proof that god doesn't exist.
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 02:18 AM
RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
Sure thing. Right after you provide me with solid proof that Zeus doesn't exist.

I'm starting to think the Burden of Proof argument will be the bane of atheist's existence.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
31-05-2011, 02:20 AM

(31-05-2011 02:18 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Sure thing. Right after you provide me with solid proof that Zeus doesn't exist.

I'm starting to think the Burden of Proof argument will be the bane of atheist's existence.

LOL, nice one dude. Just so we're clear, I'm an atheist. NOT some delusional, crazy theist. I just want to see how many proofs and facts a group of atheists like me in a forum can think of. Haha
31-05-2011, 02:23 AM
I was at a seminar once where a christian was asked what it would take to convince him he was wrong. He replied, "a universal flood." http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/imag...es/shy.gif
(31-05-2011 02:23 AM)pilgrim Wrote:  I was at a seminar once where a christian was asked what it would take to convince him he was wrong. He replied, "a universal flood." http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/imag...es/shy.gif
Oops.... blew the emoticon
Shy

He was part of my dream, of course--but then I was part of his dream, too!
--Alice
31-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Ok... Ill try this...It will be fun...

First off...
What God do we talk about? Define the God yo want to see disproved with absolute certainty.

oh...
and while you're at it... what do you consider solid proof? Can you define that as well?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-05-2011, 02:56 AM

(31-05-2011 02:53 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Ok... Ill try this...It will be fun...

First off...
What God do we talk about? Define the God yo want to see disproved with absolute certainty.

oh...
and while you're at it... what do you consider solid proof? Can you define that as well?

Ummm, the bible-god. Lol, any god that has relation to Jesus Christ.
Any proof at all.

Example:
God simply doesn't exist because there is evil. Big Grin
31-05-2011, 03:31 AM
(31-05-2011 02:56 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  Example:
That's your definition of solid proof?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
31-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Mine:

Previous thread...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-05-2011, 04:37 AM
(31-05-2011 02:56 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 02:53 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Ok... Ill try this...It will be fun...

First off...

oh...

Ummm, the bible-god. Lol, any god that has relation to Jesus Christ.
Any proof at all.

Example:

Disproving the Judeo-Christian God should be as easy as proving that the Bible (the entire basis for the religion) was not divinely inspired.

Problem with that is: modern day Christianity has nothing to do with the Bible. In fact, I would say there are more Christians who haven't read the Bible than those who have. And the ones that have read it had special goggles on that allowed them to only see roughly 10% of what was written.

Christianity has become a loosely defined, "interpret God anyway you want," social club. It's no use explaining that the "bible God" is a genocidal maniac. You'll generally get a response like "well Jesus said this and I thought that was nice so I'm a Christian" response.

So... disproving monotheistic Gods? Easy.

Getting theists to listen to anything you have to say (including solid proof)? Impossible.

And as far as disproving deistic claims, nearly impossible, since there's zero evidence to disprove in the first place.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
31-05-2011, 08:29 AM
How can you prove that something does not exist? It is logically impossible to do this.

What we can prove, though, is that the basis for the existence of god, i.e. the Talmud, the Bible, the Q'uron, all make claims that are demonstrably not true and, therefore, it is reasonable to conclude that these books are all wrong in their entirety. As they are the basis for the belief in the three major monotheist religions, you can state, fairly conclusively, that all three of these religions are false.

That is obviously not the same as "proving" there is no god, but it does go a long way to disproving the religions that follow him/her/it. As for "proving" or "disproving" god, all we can really do is evaluate the actual evidence we have about the origins of life, the universe and everything and see where that leads us. To date, none of the evidence leads to the conclusion that there is some magical being who has caused all of this. Again, that does not prove there is no god, but absent any evidence to support the god hypothesis, we can dismiss it as easily as we dismiss the idea that the first man on Earth was Elvis.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post