I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM

RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
(28-07-2011 11:22 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Validity IS a 21st Century concept.

Not really. The concept of valid (validity) seems to have been around for a few hundred years.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/valid
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 06:29 PM

(31-05-2011 02:56 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 02:53 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Ok... Ill try this...It will be fun...

First off...
What God do we talk about? Define the God yo want to see disproved with absolute certainty.

oh...
and while you're at it... what do you consider solid proof? Can you define that as well?

Ummm, the bible-god. Lol, any god that has relation to Jesus Christ.
Any proof at all.

Example:
God simply doesn't exist because there is evil. Big Grin

According to the Bible, God created evil... Lucifer, The Devil so, nope. Big Grin

Pardon my noobness. LOL
05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
(05-08-2011 06:29 PM)FrankenStang Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 02:53 AM)The_observer Wrote:  Ok... Ill try this...It will be fun...

First off...
What God do we talk about? Define the God yo want to see disproved with absolute certainty.

oh...
and while you're at it... what do you consider solid proof? Can you define that as well?

Any proof at all.

Example:

According to the Bible, God created evil... Lucifer, The Devil so, nope. Big Grin

Pardon my noobness. LOL

Pardon me, but the bible does NOT say anywhere that god created a bad angel named Lucifer, or that it created devils, or that it created evil. If you think it does, please tell us where it says that. Thanks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011 08:13 PM by DeepThought.)
(05-08-2011 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pardon me, but the bible does NOT say anywhere that god created a bad angel named Lucifer, or that it created devils, or that it created evil. If you think it does, please tell us where it says that. Thanks.
Isaiah 45:7 Wrote:I form the light, and create the darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I am the lord and do all these things.

Doesn't the Christian god claim to have made everything? Omnipresent etc.. so this god will be lingering in my bowels like a smelly fart (Thanks to Gassy Kitten for this bible quote) and everywhere else like hell and the devil. The devil is essentially part of the Christian god.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
05-08-2011, 08:10 PM

(05-08-2011 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

First off...

oh...

Any proof at all.

Example:

Pardon my noobness. LOL

Pardon me, but the bible does NOT say anywhere that god created a bad angel named Lucifer, or that it created devils, or that it created evil. If you think it does, please tell us where it says that. Thanks.

Ugh, really? I could have swore I read that in the bible (I have read the bible, guess I need to read it again). Maybe I mixed it up with something I heard in church or something (Catholic)? Where did the concept of Satan come from and why was that nonsense taught to me and so many other people? Sad Like I said, I'm a noob and am not all knowing on all of this.

This is another reason why I think religion is bullshit. I don't even know where I learned that shit from. Sad

Where did the idea that Hell was created to cast down the "bad angels" come from? So much has been twisted by different people with their interpretation, cherry picking and adding what they want to suit their needs that it's all (to me) just one big cluster fuck. Sad
(05-08-2011 07:59 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(05-08-2011 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Pardon me, but the bible does NOT say anywhere that god created a bad angel named Lucifer, or that it created devils, or that it created evil. If you think it does, please tell us where it says that. Thanks.
Isaiah 45:7 Wrote:I form the light, and create the darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I am the lord and do all these things.

Doesn't the Christian god claim to have made everything? Omnipotent etc.. so this god will be lingering in my bowels like a smelly fart and everywhere else like hell and the devil. The devil is essentially part of the Christian god.

I knew I didn't just pull that out of my ass. Thank you.
05-08-2011, 08:26 PM
(05-08-2011 08:10 PM)FrankenStang Wrote:  
(05-08-2011 07:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

First off...

oh...

Any proof at all.

Example:

Pardon my noobness. LOL

Ugh, really? I could have swore I read that in the bible (I have read the bible, guess I need to read it again). Maybe I mixed it up with something I heard in church or something (Catholic)? Where did the concept of Satan come from and why was that nonsense taught to me and so many other people? Sad Like I said, I'm a noob and am not all knowing on all of this.

This is another reason why I think religion is bullshit. I don't even know where I learned that shit from. Sad

Where did the idea that Hell was created to cast down the "bad angels" come from? So much has been twisted by different people with their interpretation, cherry picking and adding what they want to suit their needs that it's all (to me) just one big cluster fuck. Sad
(05-08-2011 07:59 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  

Doesn't the Christian god claim to have made everything? Omnipotent etc.. so this god will be lingering in my bowels like a smelly fart and everywhere else like hell and the devil. The devil is essentially part of the Christian god.

I knew I didn't just pull that out of my ass. Thank you.

You could start with Elaine Pagel's, (Princeton), "The Origin of Satan".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqjS5528KdU

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-08-2011, 10:43 AM

First off...

oh...

Any proof at all.

Example:

Pardon my noobness. LOL

This contradicts the so called "tri-omni" god though, because how can god be all good AND create evil?

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
08-08-2011, 11:35 AM

(08-08-2011 10:43 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  

First off...

oh...

Any proof at all.

Example:

Pardon my noobness. LOL

This contradicts the so called "tri-omni" god though, because how can god be all good AND create evil?

I was raised with the belief that God is everything. God created everything. There is evil in the world so I assumed God created it since he created everything and IS everything. So glad I don't believe that nonsense anymore. It's all so contradictory and it hurts my head. >.<
09-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Define evil.

09-08-2011, 07:29 AM

I guess this has been answered in the previous pages, but, you cannot prove God doesn't exist. You have to examine the claims made by those who say He exists and then refute their claims or accept them. I cannot prove to you that the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist! If you are in favor of the LNM then present the evidence (like that infamous blurry B&W photo) and then we will decide if it is enough to convince us. Otherwise, your claim falls into the category of the unfalsifiable.