I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2011, 10:46 AM
RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
(09-08-2011 04:57 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Define evil.

Ah yes, this is usually the last resource for the Problem of Evil. Define "good" and "evil" to be whatever suits the argument.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2011, 07:37 PM
(09-08-2011 10:46 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  

Ah yes, this is usually the last resource for the Problem of Evil. Define "good" and "evil" to be whatever suits the argument.

I see you can't even try.
There is NO such thing as "evil".
The Ancients Near Eastern Abrahamics thought it was "chaos".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Evil would be knowingly and purposefully causing harm to other individuals (human or non-human) directly or indirectly for self gain or personal satisfaction. Evil is a social construct not a biological one but that does not make it any less valid.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
10-08-2011, 10:40 AM
(09-08-2011 07:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Sorry to drop the H-word in the middle of a thread, but Hitler was evil and his plans were anything BUT chaos. He planned his evil very meticulously. Nazism wasn't chaos, it was rule and order, their order that is. So no, sorry, I have to disagree with your definition.
I'll say evil: you know it when you see it.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
10-08-2011, 08:16 PM
(10-08-2011 10:40 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  

Sorry to drop the H-word in the middle of a thread, but Hitler was evil and his plans were anything BUT chaos. He planned his evil very meticulously. Nazism wasn't chaos, it was rule and order, their order that is. So no, sorry, I have to disagree with your definition.

I didn't say it WAS chaos, but since you haven't siad anything except "you know it when you see it" I was just trying to get a discussion going.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-08-2011, 10:47 AM
(10-08-2011 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(10-08-2011 10:40 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  

I didn't say it WAS chaos, but since you haven't siad anything except "you know it when you see it" I was just trying to get a discussion going.

I don't believe in absolute morality, therefore I can't give you an absolute definition of evil.

18-08-2013, 03:21 AM
I did prove that God(s) can't exist. How?
If you prove that creation is impossible then it follows that Creator is also not possible.
I named it as "Fundamental Theory Of Existence".
Here is my blog
http://sagargorijala.blogspot.in/

[Image: FTOE-small.jpg]
http://sagargorijala.blogspot.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2013, 03:30 AM
The fact that my 6 year old son understands the laws of nature more than the people who wrote the bible is pretty concrete proof.
18-08-2013, 03:38 AM
(10-08-2011 09:01 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Evil would be knowingly and purposefully causing harm to other individuals (human or non-human) directly or indirectly for self gain or personal satisfaction. Evil is a social construct not a biological one but that does not make it any less valid.

Oh, look, a pot! I think I'll stir it. So little to keep me occupied since the worm can is already open.

Killing a housefly, wasp, or tasty, super-moist chicken.

Administering chemotherapy, for pay.

Administering permanent hair-removal, for pay.

Clipping a pet bird's wings, de-clawing a cat, or docking a dog's ears or tail.

Some of these things may be wrong, I admit. But are they all evil?
Some of them do more good than harm, but the harm is undeniable. So since it's purposeful and harmful, it's evil?

Please, keep in mind, I'm just playing Devil's advocate. Knowingly, and purposefully, because it might amuse me. Which may irritate you. Which is, I suppose, more harmful than not irritating you. Which makes me evil. Evil_monster

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
18-08-2013, 04:17 AM
(31-05-2011 02:20 AM)SumAtheosMagnus Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 02:18 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Sure thing. Right after you provide me with solid proof that Zeus doesn't exist.

I'm starting to think the Burden of Proof argument will be the bane of atheist's existence.

LOL, nice one dude. Just so we're clear, I'm an atheist. NOT some delusional, crazy theist. I just want to see how many proofs and facts a group of atheists like me in a forum can think of. Haha

Why do you think of theists as delusional and crazy? For all we know God could of started the Big-bang and let everything go on it's course, with no further intervention. Is that delusional?