I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
(19-08-2013 11:01 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  You use the brain in a vat idea to say that we don't know anything 100% - After all we could simply be a brain in a vat.
Rahn127 - first off, I'm not trying to argue with you, nor am I saying anything controversial. I absolutely agree with science and I absolutely think science needs to remain in the realm of the observable. I have no belief in the supernatural.

Here is an interesting article, by a professional scientist explaining why Science doesn't make any claims with 100% certainty, why science doesn't prove things.
http://physics.about.com/b/2011/03/26/scienceproof.htm
Quote:One consequence of Popper's work with falsifiability is the understanding that you never really prove a theory. What scientists do is instead come up with implications of the theory, make hypotheses based on those implications, and then try to prove that specific hypothesis true or false through either experiment or careful observation. If the experiment or observation matches the prediction of the hypothesis, the scientist has gained support for the hypothesis (and therefore the underlying theory), but has not proven it. It's always possible that there's another explanation for the result.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 12:59 PM
(19-08-2013 11:01 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  When you view life to never contain an ounce of truth means that you can't go anywhere, you can't discover anything because you are still of the mindset that it's all a lie.
And when everything you experience becomes a lie in your mind, you can't ever find truth.
Unless of course, your goal is not about truth.
If science's goal is to discover natural causes to natural events then they have a lot to go on. The journey is very long and very rewarding.

If however USA feels that science's goal is to discover the truth, and since most of USA are Christians whom believe Jesus and the Bible are the Truth then they would be motivated to insert Christianity belief into science. This is exactly what is happening under the guidance of the Discovery Institute using something like The Wedge document as their guiding strategy. They have had success in some States school boards but have failed in the courts. If they win over the judges and politicians then maybe they get to make an amendment to the constitution and thus insert their religion into science. IDK how real the threat is, I hope it is not, but with over 40% of USA people considering that evolution is false it leads one to understand that the threat is looming.

People can believe the Truth to be whatever it is that they want to believe. Some think Science is the Truth, some think Christianity, some think Islam, some think Hindu...
But if we keep science out of that political and PR battle then at least science remains safe. The ID movement can create their theistic science but it will be firmly placed in theology rather than science.
19-08-2013, 01:20 PM
I haven't read this thread but understand that proof there is no God anywhere in or outside the known universe would require extensive special knowledge.
19-08-2013, 01:21 PM
(19-08-2013 01:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I haven't read this thread but understand that proof there is no God anywhere in or outside the known universe would require extensive special knowledge.

Wow. At least you are prefacing your ignorance now. Drinking Beverage

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
19-08-2013, 08:08 PM
He is getting better isn't he. I might have to rep him +1 for that

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
20-08-2013, 02:59 AM
(19-08-2013 07:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(18-08-2013 03:38 AM)I Am Wrote:  Please, keep in mind, I'm just playing Devil's advocate. Knowingly, and purposefully, because it might amuse me. Which may irritate you. Which is, I suppose, more harmful than not irritating you. Which makes me evil. Evil_monster

I'm not really interested in debating a devil's advocate mate. Someone might though. Start a new thread and see. Drinking Beverage Haven't had my first cup yet...

No worries, I don't blame you a bit. Smile

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
20-08-2013, 07:37 AM
(19-08-2013 01:20 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  I haven't read this thread but understand that proof there is no God anywhere in or outside the known universe would require extensive special knowledge.

Sure. As would proof there is God.

... this is my signature!