I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2011, 07:57 PM
RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
I have an idea, let's all just go straight to the source and ask GOD what he thinks. But somehow I don't see the answer coming back to us any time soon.... That is so weird. You know you'd think someone who was as vain as GOD would be up and ready to answer all questions given, and be the first to convert the rest of us.... I know I would if I found myself stopping every time I passed a mirror saying "damn, I'm sure great aren't I God? Yes I am.":)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2011, 08:59 PM

(31-05-2011 07:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I have an idea, let's all just go straight to the source and ask GOD what he thinks...
I think the Bible is the perfect proof god doesn't exist. Instead of showing itself in a way that would be irrefutable, it inspires egoists to compile a errant historic fiction and then the egoists declare it a closed canon. As in, nothing else to say here. Move along.

Why can't you change your avatar? Huh
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GassyKitten's post
31-05-2011, 09:31 PM
(31-05-2011 08:59 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 07:57 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I have an idea, let's all just go straight to the source and ask GOD what he thinks...
I think the Bible is the perfect proof god doesn't exist. Instead of showing itself in a way that would be irrefutable, it inspires egoists to compile a errant historic fiction and then the egoists declare it a closed canon. As in, nothing else to say here. Move along.

I don't know for certain but I think it has something to do with file size, and I care too little to figure it out when I can just post the pic in my signature. It's odd though that I can use the same picture in the sig. that I want to use as my avatar.

I agree with what you said too. I think that's the idea though, to never be specific, allowing the readers imagination to fill in all the blanks. People tend to believe in something more if they feel like they've figured it out, like they re privy to the secret.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
31-05-2011, 09:40 PM

(31-05-2011 09:31 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(31-05-2011 08:59 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  

I don't know for certain but I think it has something to do with file size, and I care too little to figure it out when I can just post the pic in my signature. It's odd though that I can use the same picture in the sig. that I want to use as my avatar.

I agree with what you said too. I think that's the idea though, to never be specific, allowing the readers imagination to fill in all the blanks. People tend to believe in something more if they feel like they've figured it out, like they re privy to the secret.

I can't change my avatar too. . . Sad
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Proof God doesn't exist.

P1 - God is described as a being who created the Universe ex nihilo.
P2 - Before God created the universe ex nihilo, nothing existed by definition.
P3 - Something which does not exist cannot create anything.
P4 - If God exists, God is something.
P5 - Given P2 and P4, God did not exist before the Universe came into existence.
P6 - Given P3 and P5, God could not have created the universe.

C1 - Given P1 and P6, God is not who he is described to be.
C2 - Given P3, P6 and C1, God cannot exist.

Ergo, God does not exist.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like gamutman's post
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
(01-06-2011 02:22 AM)gamutman Wrote:  Proof God doesn't exist.

P1 - God is described as a being who created the Universe ex nihilo.
P2 - Before God created the universe ex nihilo, nothing existed by definition.
P3 - Something which does not exist cannot create anything.
P4 - If God exists, God is something.
P5 - Given P2 and P4, God did not exist before the Universe came into existence.
P6 - Given P3 and P5, God could not have created the universe.

C1 - Given P1 and P6, God is not who he is described to be.
C2 - Given P3, P6 and C1, God cannot exist.

Ergo, God does not exist.

You sound like someone who subscribes to the grandfather clause theory, which works for me because it makes perfect sense.

02-06-2011, 05:11 AM
I think the Atheist Experience guys disagreed with an argument similar to this once upon a time.. and every theist obviously disagrees because they don't like the conclusion at least.
I'm wondering if P2 is actually valid. Who says nothing existed? The contention was that the universe did not exist. When a theist claims that god created the universe, he does not mean the term universe to be so encompassing to include even himself. To define the universe that way and then to conclude that god cannot have created the universe is an equivocation.

Also, you have to take into consideration that God is defined as a being outside of time and space, which hasn't actually been ruled out of the equation as a possibility. With the way they define universe, this won't in the slightest be compelling to christians, or other theists with similar doctrines.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
02-06-2011, 09:32 AM
P2 is valid if the term ex nihilo is valid since it literally means from nothing. I'm not arguing that the universe could not have been created from existing materials by a material God. I'm only arguing that the defined God - that being one who creates ex nihilo - cannot exist.
17-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Actually, it's absolutely possible to prove that specific things do not exist. Even when it comes to Gods. It depends on how many specific descriptors are employed. For example; I can prove that the god known as Bruce Willis does not exist by proving that while Bruce Willis does in fact exist, he is not actually a god. I can prove that the god Horus does not exist by taking the things attributed to Horus and proving that they are in fact something other than the myth describes them as being: such as the sun is not a fiery chariot but is rather a burning gas ball composed of mostly hydrogen undergoing fusion.

Similarly, I can prove that Allah and/or Jehovah is/are non-existent by taking claims made about him and proving them false. i.e. the earth was never flooded by him, the sun did not come before the creation of the earth, man is not a unique creation separate from animals. I can also use geological evidence to prove that our race began in Africa, not Sumer.

Beyond that, I can prove that there are explanations for the origin of the universe which render a god unnecessary thus debunking Aquinas' proof. I can actually offer evidence against every apologist proof from ka'alam to Pascal to Anslem and more. Granted, debunking the evidence pro a position is not the same as offering evidence for the con position, but when a claim has zero supporting evidence, I think it's more than fair to call it false. As in Sagan's invisible, floating, incorporeal dragon in his garage. The only reason we can't prove it doesn't exist is that he's offered no reason to believe that it does exist.

Basically, what I'm saying is, give me the description of a God, and I'll prove it doesn't exist. However, asking me to disprove the idea of god is like asking me to disprove the outcome of the 3075 World series.

In other words; what Bnw said.
17-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Here's 50 proofs for you to be getting along with ---> http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm

Why won't God heal amputees?