I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: I Need Solid Proof God Doesn't Exist
@ GirlyMan

Godel's incompleteness theorems...

Ah yes, a smarter way of saying science can't prove god doesn't exist so god exists.

I will have to presume you are a Deist GirlMan?

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2011, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2011 06:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-07-2011 05:40 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  @ GirlyMan

Ah yes, a smarter way of saying science can't prove god doesn't exist so god exists.

You presume wrongly. ... And that's nowhere close to what the incompleteness theorems show.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-07-2011, 08:07 PM
(22-07-2011 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You presume wrongly. ... And that's nowhere close to what the incompleteness theorems show.

You seem to just be disagreeing with people to anger them. Good luck I guess.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
22-07-2011, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2011 08:48 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-07-2011 08:07 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  
(22-07-2011 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

You seem to just be disagreeing with people to anger them. Good luck I guess.

If that's what you perceive I'll stop. That was not my intent. I'm sorry.

23-07-2011, 04:56 AM
Yeah but all that Godel's Incompleteness Theory seems to state is that a system can never fully explain itself. You can still prove the different things through use of other theories just not by use of their own theory which is rather understandably true. It also couldn't work on god due to the fact that our hypothesis is nowhere close to strong enough for the calculations. The system doesn't even work with every mathematical theorem which is what it was designed to perceive. Systems that aren't detailed enough just won't fit in. We all know that a definition as loose as god could never be quantified through math due to the fact that you can't solve an open ended equation.

2E(P-e)=G =p
assigning the values to this changes nothing=p
10 * speed of light (protons - neutrons) = God
still defines absolutely nothing about the system. Even if it happened to be true it wouldn't matter because we have no mathematical basis for the guidelines until everything is given enough definition.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
23-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Agree. no one has defined what the "g" word actually means, or what "supernatural" means. Until that happens it DOES "signify nothing". I suspect in working through that definition it will become obvious that in the end it DOES actually have no real meaning, (singular), but perhaps countless meanings, (in fact as many meanings as those whose neurological/cognitive systems use and think about that word).
[/quote]

In fact there is no way to prove, or even begin to measure that what someone else "means" when they say "god", resembles or is close to what I mean when I say it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
23-07-2011, 04:16 PM
A very attractive young woman I worked with years ago messaged me out of nowhere a week ago and asked if I'd like to get together for a drink, like we used to do in the past. I readily agreed. As we live in different cities we met at a town roughly in the middle. When I met her at the hotel room she'd rented for the night, she looked gorgeous, and was wearing the sexiest dress I'd ever seen her in. We went out, had some drinks, danced, laughed, flirted, and basically had one of the best dates I've ever had. Towards the end of the night, when I kissed her, she said, "I'm sorry, Mike. I thought we were just friends."

Trust me. There is no God.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
[+] 3 users Like hotrodmike's post
23-07-2011, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2011 05:47 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(23-07-2011 04:16 PM)hotrodmike Wrote:  A very attractive young woman I worked with years ago messaged me out of nowhere a week ago and asked if I'd like to get together for a drink, like we used to do in the past. I readily agreed. As we live in different cities we met at a town roughly in the middle. When I met her at the hotel room she'd rented for the night, she looked gorgeous, and was wearing the sexiest dress I'd ever seen her in. We went out, had some drinks, danced, laughed, flirted, and basically had one of the best dates I've ever had. Towards the end of the night, when I kissed her, she said, "I'm sorry, Mike. I thought we were just friends."

The only thing that would make that funnier...I mean sadder...much sadder is if she had said "I am a lesbian. I thought you knew?"
(22-07-2011 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-07-2011 09:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 06:26 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  Wonderful... prove it!!! Big Grin

Why? Even if I did prove it I understand and formally appreciate the limits of logic discovered by Godel the Destroyer. They are irrefutably insurmountable. Logic and reason are provably inadequate to be God.

You are talking but I am not sure any logic is coming out....

Fair enough. But now I get to ask "Do you understand and formally appreciate Godel's incompleteness theorems?"

No. I quite frankly don't understand any of that. I get statistics and that is about as advanced as my math theory gets. I will say that being incapable of explaining something does not default it to a previous explanation. Science is the explanation of the natural world and god is suppose to be both nature and supernature. As there is no evidence of supernature it is impossible for science = god.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-07-2011, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2011 08:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
Logic and reason are just tools, like calculus and statistics and algebra and arithmetic are just tools. I pull 'em out when I need 'em. I lead with my gut and follow with my head to check the gut ain't doing something really stupid. I sure as hell don't lead with my head. That would just result in a pompous ass.

(23-07-2011 05:40 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As there is no evidence of supernature it is impossible for science = god.

Precisely because there is no evidence of the supernatural is why science might somehow relate to god. ... At least as far as we know. Wink

(23-07-2011 04:56 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Yeah but all that Godel's Incompleteness Theory seems to state is that a system can never fully explain itself.

That's a damn good read you intersexed transsexual lesbian nymph. If you haven't had formal training, I think you'd take to it.

(23-07-2011 04:16 PM)hotrodmike Wrote:  A very attractive young woman I worked with years ago messaged me out of nowhere a week ago and asked if I'd like to get together for a drink, ... Towards the end of the night, when I kissed her, she said, "I'm sorry, Mike. I thought we were just friends."

She's just playin' you dude. Just fuck her and see if you're still friends. If so you might end up with a good thing going.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-07-2011, 10:45 AM
(22-07-2011 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-07-2011 09:18 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 07:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-07-2011 06:26 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  Wonderful... prove it!!! Big Grin

Why? Even if I did prove it I understand and formally appreciate the limits of logic discovered by Godel the Destroyer. They are irrefutably insurmountable. Logic and reason are provably inadequate to be God.

You are talking but I am not sure any logic is coming out....

Fair enough. But now I get to ask "Do you understand and formally appreciate Godel's incompleteness theorems?"

Why don't you tell us what point you want to make about Godel's Theorem?

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.