I Need to Rant For A Moment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 02:37 PM
I Need to Rant For A Moment
Every. Single. Fucking. Day.

'God this' and 'God that' and 'Trump is a sign from gawd!' to even 'The bible says...'

Fox news playing 24 fucking 7 in my house. Not even headphone can cancel out their stupid idiot for a man who has proven to them already he doesn't give two shits! They back him up like he's the next coming of Jesus Christ!

Quoting scriptures about the 'End times' and 'rapture' like it's actually gonna happen! I'm ready to scream 'NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!'

I'm at my damn wits end with my grandparents and their bullshit bible and the bullshit prophecies they claim Trump is for filling. How us liberals and free thinkers are all gonna 'complain' and 'perish in the fire' when 'Gawd' comes back!

How this family is 'blessed' and we shall 'be admitted into heaven'.

I am just sick of it, at times like this I wish I had the power to glare at the TV and burn a whole through Bill O'Reily's face. I'm drowning myself in fanfiction and music just to cope with the day to day bullshit I hear downstairs.

I just really needed to get that off my chest.Now I'm gonna go turn on George Carlin.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
18-03-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: I Need to Rant For A Moment
I can't imagine what you're going through. You have my deepest sympathy. I really mean it. My heart goes out to you.

Heart Heart Heart

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
18-03-2017, 03:02 PM
that's the real hell on earth, right there. Get out of the house when you can!
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-03-2017, 03:25 PM
(18-03-2017 02:37 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  Every. Single. Fucking. Day.

'God this' and 'God that' and 'Trump is a sign from gawd!' to even 'The bible says...'

Fox news playing 24 fucking 7 in my house. Not even headphone can cancel out their stupid idiot for a man who has proven to them already he doesn't give two shits! They back him up like he's the next coming of Jesus Christ!

Quoting scriptures about the 'End times' and 'rapture' like it's actually gonna happen! I'm ready to scream 'NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!'

I'm at my damn wits end with my grandparents and their bullshit bible and the bullshit prophecies they claim Trump is for filling. How us liberals and free thinkers are all gonna 'complain' and 'perish in the fire' when 'Gawd' comes back!

I am just sick of it, at times like this I wish I had the power to glare at the TV and burn a whole through Bill O'Reily's face. I'm drowning myself in fanfiction and music just to cope with the day to day bullshit I hear downstairs.

I just really needed to get that off my chest.Now I'm gonna go turn on George Carlin.

So wait ... Consider are they saying that the POTUS is their anti-christ? Because according to that prophecy shit, the anti- has to come before the Christ so they can do battle. Angel That shit has rules.

That might be kinda cool, actually - like a WWF event. Ask them if they are gonna get tickets. Smile

Start swearing more and more around the house. If they ask you to refrain, just tell them you aren't saying anything our President hasn't said. Tell them it won't matter anyway, since your family is annointed, and all. Shy

Rant here as much as you need to and know that you are not alone.
If course, I can't say what will happen after that rapture business except ...
Clap HOUSE TO YOURSELF!! Clap

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
18-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Feel free to rant away here (or on the ranting thread, where misery goes for company).

Are there places you can go so you don't have to spend so much time in the house with them? The library or a friend's place? Is the weather warm enough so that you can take some long walks? Maybe you can cook up some big project that will serve as an excuse for your needing lots of quiet space away from the TV and conversation.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
18-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Sounds like an even worse scenario than what I have to put up with...I have bluetooth headphones I can wear around the house, and can retreat to my room or Mac in order to spare myself the insanity that is Fox news on the TV or the occasional apocalyptical bible study. Grandma is an issue atm as she's nearing the end of her life and is increasingly pushing Jesus on me. Just yesterday I finally gave up and lied to her about being saved. I don't want her to feel distressed over my 'soul.'

This site is a great place to let off some steam. I initially joined just to vent Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
18-03-2017, 04:37 PM
Depending on how tech-savvy your grand-parents are and how much you're up for some mild sabotage there are solutions to this nuisance.

The simplest solution is to use the remote and delete a few channels. Don't just wipe Fox take out a swath of them. Leave them PBS.

If it's an older TV then swap the RCA cables around. It surprising how much more bearable Fox is when the audio is fed into the video input.

If it's a newer set then pull the ethernet cable, apply a discrete amount of transparent tape to the contacts and plug it back in.

There are a near endless number of ways to render a TV useless, especially the newer ones.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-03-2017, 05:19 PM
(18-03-2017 04:37 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Depending on how tech-savvy your grand-parents are and how much you're up for some mild sabotage there are solutions to this nuisance.

The simplest solution is to use the remote and delete a few channels. Don't just wipe Fox take out a swath of them. Leave them PBS.

If it's an older TV then swap the RCA cables around. It surprising how much more bearable Fox is when the audio is fed into the video input.

If it's a newer set then pull the ethernet cable, apply a discrete amount of transparent tape to the contacts and plug it back in.

There are a near endless number of ways to render a TV useless, especially the newer ones.

Ooh, you're good. Thumbsup

Kinda reminds me of me, back when I worked for the government.
Mmmm good times. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-03-2017, 09:47 PM

> Would you, by chance, be interested in Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth fan fiction? Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
18-03-2017, 10:06 PM

I'd just like to point out that Trump likely isn't even a christian....... gullible people are easy to fool I guess......

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes JesseB's post