• 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: I Newbie
Welcome!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the Canadian Football League without their permission, and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-07-2016, 04:06 PM
(12-07-2016 02:28 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Hello

i'm a new to this forum i,m 26 from Canada my interests are the biological sciences and counter apologetic particularly countering teleological arguments and counter the crap spewed forth by the minions of mysticism so that will likely be my focus on this forum thou i may dabble in politics specifically countering homophobia and the BS it's followers (using fake science or manipulating legitimate science falsely)

my none academic are tabletop gaming(warhammer 40k) and long range biking

I hope i can contribute to this forum Smile

I'm a former field biologist and avid tabletop BattleTech player, with a long-standing interest in combating fundie crap, especially anti-evolution arguments. Looks like we have a lot in common.

Glad to have you here!

Edit to Add: I recommend you try out the "New Posts" or "Today's Posts" buttons, at the top right. I find them much easier than browsing the forums individually, as they show the conversations which are "active".

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
12-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Welcome fellow Canuck. As you'll have noticed, the Uhmericans think that they're funny. Occasionally they actually are.

I was also in biology but contracted a case of geology and am now a rock doc.

Pull up a toadstool and join the madness.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
12-07-2016, 04:35 PM
(12-07-2016 04:08 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Welcome fellow Canuck. As you'll have noticed, the Uhmericans think that they're funny. Occasionally they actually are.

I was also in biology but contracted a case of geology and am now a rock doc.

Pull up a toadstool and join the madness.

Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
12-07-2016, 05:06 PM
I Newbie
(12-07-2016 02:28 AM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  Hello

i'm a new to this forum i,m 26 from Canada my interests are the biological sciences and counter apologetic particularly countering teleological arguments and counter the crap spewed forth by the minions of mysticism so that will likely be my focus on this forum thou i may dabble in politics specifically countering homophobia and the BS it's followers (using fake science or manipulating legitimate science falsely)

my none academic are tabletop gaming(warhammer 40k) and long range biking

I hope i can contribute to this forum Smile

Can we be friends? I need more friends.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
12-07-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm a person who likes to stand on one leg for as long as possible.
I walk around with two fingers up my nose.
I fart loudly on the bus and always blame the driver.
I get kicked off many buses.
I always walk into a bank wearing a full faced crash helmet.
This is just on a Tuesday.

Welcome.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
12-07-2016, 07:59 PM
Don't mind Banjo... he's weird even for an Aussie. That's why we love him. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
13-07-2016, 12:21 AM
A pleasure to meet you all Smile

I have a good feeling about this forum Heart

[Image: giphy.gif]
13-07-2016, 05:03 AM
Welcome!

[Image: IntheGrimFutureofHelloKittyThereIsOnlyWa...xl5ny5.jpg]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post