I Nominate ME!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 03:41 AM

I Nominate ME!
Y'all should make me a mod. I know all about forums. I'm apparently addicted to the place; I've been here a while, and you have no New Age representation.

And think about how my negative rep would prove to all who lurk that this place really does value free speech and no one has to worry that they can't speak their mind. Also, I'm fun and have a good sense of humor. Plus I do free dreams and charts now--so it's like a bennie I bring to the forum.

It is, after all, the free speech and diversity of this place that makes it the most popular atheist forum on the web. God knows I represent diversity of opinion here. Cliques die online. Raving Atheist proves that.

I'm also in the forum at odd hours.

Oh, I know people say I "hate" but look at my posts, I hardly even swear.

What do mods do anyway? I never see any spam in the forum, and y'all don't really ban people. Actually, I see no reason to be a mod at all, but it would still be cool to wear the police-blue flack vest with "MODERATOR" in bold yellow across the chest.

Would I get to carry a gun? NO! taser...oh please let it be a taser. Evil_monster
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
27-05-2013, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 04:10 AM by earmuffs.)
RE: I Nominate ME!
You don't see any spam in the forums because that's what the mods do...
They tirelessly fight the never ending spam bots and such to assure that we don't have to see it.

IMO, you're not mod material.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-05-2013, 04:17 AM
(27-05-2013 04:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  You don't see any spam in the forums because that's what the mods do...
They tirelessly fight the never ending spam bots and such to assure that we don't have to see it.

IMO, you're not mod material.

Not to mention the occasional civil wars which occur when one group of people thinks a user should be banned and another doesn't.

I seems to me that mods should be able to stick to their guns for a relatively long period of time and keep consistent between cases which require their attention too, but also be able to be change their stance upon a convincing argument or evidence regarding policy, and be able to make a strong case for their own views.

Besides, if we get "New Age representation" in the mods, then out of fairness we'll have to cater to Voodoo and other bogus forms of ancient Woo-woo too, dude.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 04:20 AM
ps: To state the obvious, they don't need any more mods now anyway.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Trust me, the way it is now, there is almost nothing for the mods to do except remove spam.

Forum decisions and politics can be time consuming at times, and even more so for the admins. Thing is Egor, you haven't demonstrated any kind of stability since you've been here. As a mod you can't be flip flopping and changing your mind/personality/core-beliefs at the drop of a hat.

So no, I don't think you could be a mod. I doubt many people here would trust you to wield that power responsibly.

It's a track record thing. I know I'm pretty far away from the perfect mod, but compared to you....

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 5 users Like DeepThought's post
27-05-2013, 04:55 AM
(27-05-2013 04:44 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Trust me, the way it is now, there is almost nothing for the mods to do except remove spam.

Forum decisions and politics can be time consuming at times, and even more so for the admins. Thing is Egor, you haven't demonstrated any kind of stability since you've been here. As a mod you can't be flip flopping and changing your mind/personality/core-beliefs at the drop of a hat.

So no, I don't think you could be a mod. I doubt many people here would trust you to wield that power responsibly.

It's a track record thing. I know I'm pretty far away from the perfect mod, but compared to you....

Who stands a better chance: Myself, Muffs or Egor, in your opinion, Deep?

If Egor can run for election, we should at least get to ask our chances! Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 05:14 AM
LOL.
LOL.
No. There isn't a need for mods - at least one that can't even stay in one place for 3 days.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 3 users Like Question's post
27-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Hey Egod...what does hating and swearing have to do with each other? How can that even be a point to be taken seriously?

You have many, many times said how much you hate us. Just because you didn't say 'I fucking hate you all' doesn't make your frequent declarations of hatred nicer. That is actually the one thing you have stayed pretty consistent with...your fervent hate for us.

That said...is it in the stars that you will be a mod soon?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2013, 06:11 AM
(27-05-2013 06:09 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Hey Egod...what does hating and swearing have to do with each other? How can that even be a point to be taken seriously?

You have many, many times said how much you hate us. Just because you didn't say 'I fucking hate you all' doesn't make your frequent declarations of hatred nicer. That is actually the one thing you have stayed pretty consistent with...your fervent hate for us.

That said...is it in the stars that you will be a mod soon?

Them stars'll tell him fer sure.

27-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Egor... mod...

[Image: lmao5rv.jpg]

Why would anyone wanna be a mod, anyway?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like houseofcantor's post