I Nominate ME!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: I Nominate ME!
(27-05-2013 08:31 AM)Filox Wrote:  Excellent idea. You people have no trust in people, really.

Ed, I think it would be a blast if you were a mod and I think that you would not abuse your power. I actually agree with everything you wrote on your post, free thinkers, open forum, not closed for atheists-only...

But you have to realize why this shit will never fly, you are here too long and people here know you, the way you were, the way you behaved. I can see the light in you, but other might not see it like that, so to be perfectly clear, I don't see this as a possibility, although I wouldn't mind it, I would even vote yes for you.

People EARN trust. He has earned the opposite.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Meh... Egs could probably be a Mod just as much as anyone could. It's about doing the shit one is needed to do, as opposed to doing the shit one desires to do. It's not like a Mod gets any extra goodies, in fact -much time is spent making up and discussing distribution of any goodies that might come the way of the forum.

Being a Mod is also about laying aside personal shit; there is very little judgement and it very much requires an across the board objective perspective. One might bring one's personal tolerance and empathy into play when judgement is called for, which might be why most actual calls for "punishment" or "banning" have been lenient here, compared to other forums.

Being a Mod is just like anything else; it's about personal responsibility to fellow forum roamers combined with a willingness to do the boring shit maintenance of everyday existence. Keeping abreast of any shit storms that arise to churn the relatively calm waters of the community and keeping a cool non-alarmist head about one's self is key to keeping the drama from turning into trauma.

Fuck it; maybe I don't have much of an opinion about being a Mod - it's really just a job. Maybe that's all it should be. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Egor you were a power abuser not fit for any modrating role on your own or on any forum.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
27-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Agreed FMS...what we don't need is guy that ran his own forum straight into the ground...in a short amount of time. Doesn't really matter that there wasn't much of a plunge to take.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-05-2013, 10:01 AM
so what you two are saying is... I was right.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Another part of the job requirement of a mod is to have, earn, and keep the trust of the users they moderate. Egor doesn't have it, and has demonstrated an inability (or perhaps just unwillingness) to earn it or keep it.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-05-2013, 11:50 AM
The mere desire to be in any position of power is an immediate disqualification.

(27-05-2013 03:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... but look at my posts, I hardly even swear.

So's that. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-05-2013, 02:02 AM

(27-05-2013 04:44 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  So no, I don't think you could be a mod. I doubt many people here would trust you to wield that power responsibly.

It's a track record thing. I know I'm pretty far away from the perfect mod, but compared to you....

[Image: wtf.gif]Compared to me? Wasn't it you that messed with my avatar and had to be spanked for it? I would never do that to someone. I don't abuse power at all.

(27-05-2013 07:58 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Well of course he nominates himself. He suffers from Narcissism. He lives in his own little world, as he has proven countless times. Nominating himself is more proof of his delusional state. Will never happen. Gordon is a very negative influence on TTA. Any passing person thinking of joining, seeing his shit here, and all his anti atheist crap, would think "whoa .. get me out of here". He thinks we have the same selective memory he has, that denies all the negative past nonsense.

Personally, I think you're the worst thing for this forum. I think we'd have 30% more participation if you weren't in here. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just that you are really negative and really rude, and you swear a lot, and you stalk from post to post doing that. You're a bully. It doesn't matter that you're doing it to me--it becomes part of the flavor of the forum. Just sayin... Drinking Beverage

Quote:See that little "-16" by your name Gordon ? Says it all. You are very poorly thought of.
Gordon, being made a mod would have a very negative influence on TTA, as he is so poorly thought of. Reputations are EARNED. He has earned his bad one, (obviously).

I'm telling you it would be a plus. Probably be better if I were down in the neg 20's. Given the way I am (not the way you say I am, but the way I really am). Think about it. I have that rep, but I'm not banned, nor do I deserve to be. It would be a plus.

Quote:Trying to re-write the past by saying all his insults are not insults is a "fail". Everyone here knows how he acts, and how unstable he is.
He was making very dangerous sounding noises about atheists needing a "final solution', and that he would "destroy" us, and I was not the only person very concerned about that.

Yeah, me on my little own...I'm going to start WWIII. Fire the ovens back up--just for atheists. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? All my friends, online, are atheists. You should try on a sense of humor. I'm sure they have one in your size.

[Image: fixerupper.jpg]

Quote: That is why I said I would notify the authorities if he made any more threats.

See, that's what I'm talking about. You stalk people. You're out of your head and you stalk people in their 3D world. Or you would. I must admit: I would put a stop to you doing that if I were a mod. Again, it doesn't matter that you're doing it to me; what you're doing becomes part of the spice of this place.

Quote:You have never once contributed one thing here except advertising your Veridican shit. I, on the other hand have an entire body of work in the Resource Library. You use TTA to advertise whatever crazy shit you are into this week.

I contribute entertainment. You undervalue that. Laughat

(27-05-2013 08:31 AM)Filox Wrote:  But you have to realize why this shit will never fly, you are here too long and people here know you, the way you were, the way you behaved. I can see the light in you, but other might not see it like that, so to be perfectly clear, I don't see this as a possibility, although I wouldn't mind it, I would even vote yes for you.

Thanks, Filox. Of course, I don't see how people can remember how I've "behaved" when I can't remember what I wrote yesterday. But it's probably true what you say.

(27-05-2013 09:56 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Egor you were a power abuser not fit for any modrating role on your own or on any forum.

That sentence doesn't even make sense. No
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 02:14 AM

(27-05-2013 09:51 AM)kim Wrote:  Meh... Egs could probably be a Mod just as much as anyone could. It's about doing the shit one is needed to do, as opposed to doing the shit one desires to do. It's not like a Mod gets any extra goodies, in fact -much time is spent making up and discussing distribution of any goodies that might come the way of the forum.

Being a Mod is also about laying aside personal shit; there is very little judgement and it very much requires an across the board objective perspective. One might bring one's personal tolerance and empathy into play when judgement is called for, which might be why most actual calls for "punishment" or "banning" have been lenient here, compared to other forums.

Being a Mod is just like anything else; it's about personal responsibility to fellow forum roamers combined with a willingness to do the boring shit maintenance of everyday existence. Keeping abreast of any shit storms that arise to churn the relatively calm waters of the community and keeping a cool non-alarmist head about one's self is key to keeping the drama from turning into trauma.

Fuck it; maybe I don't have much of an opinion about being a Mod - it's really just a job. Maybe that's all it should be. Drinking Beverage

Well said. Bowing
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 02:17 AM
I'd also like to nominate myself....but only because I want one of those pretty rainbow colour names.

(Just kidding, I don't want to be a mod at all, but the rainbow name would be really awesome. Smile )