I Nominate ME!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: I Nominate ME!
(28-05-2013 02:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 02:17 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd also like to nominate myself....but only because I want one of those pretty rainbow colour names.

(Just kidding, I don't want to be a mod at all, but the rainbow name would be really awesome. Smile )

I'll vote for ya! You and me, we could be like Napoleon and Josephine.

[Image: images-74-10rva8j.jpeg]

....No thanks. I have integrity...and a heart. O.o Plus like I said I was kidding. Couldn't pay me to be a mod. Been there, done that. Not worth it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 10:07 AM

(28-05-2013 05:55 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 02:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  I contribute entertainment. You undervalue that. Laughat

You're about as entertaining as a brick to the face.

(28-05-2013 02:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  That sentence doesn't even make sense. No

Everyone else managed to understand it. Perhaps all that magic nonsense you have a boner for is affecting your ability to read? You could consult your star chart or read some entrails or whatever easily disproven shite you are temporarily practicing these days as its between the voices telling you to start up your cult again.

Or i could speak slower?

You claimed your forum was based on this one, on free speech, but when someone said something you didn't like you swung the ban hammer. When you did that you crossed a line and have shown you are completely unfit for any role with even a hint of power.

Why do you seem to be the only admin around lately? What happened to the others?

As for my forum, I thought I could have free speech, but the forum was founded on a concept that can't allow for free speech. I could start another forum, I suppose, but I don't have a good idea for one, and I don't have others who want to participate.
Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 10:10 AM
Hardly excuses it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2013, 10:44 AM

(28-05-2013 07:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 02:02 AM)Egor Wrote:  Personally, I think you're the worst thing for this forum. I think we'd have 30% more participation if you weren't in here. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just that you are really negative and really rude, and you swear a lot, and you stalk from post to post doing that. You're a bully. It doesn't matter that you're doing it to me--it becomes part of the flavor of the forum. Just sayin... Drinking Beverage
I contribute entertainment. You undervalue that.

LOL. You talking about what would increase participation. You who know NOTHING about what attracts people. You are the "anti-expert" for participation. You are like a person who has declared bankruptcy opening a business giving business advice. You really are delusional. You contribute threats. What a stupid old church lady. "Oh, oh, oh, he swears a lot. Oh my poor ears". And you telling atheists they will go to hell is NOT rude ? So you pull a random number out of your ass. That AFTER your own forum was one of the biggest flops of all time. You wouldn't even be here if you knew anything about forum management. You threatened atheists. You are the only one here who is batshit crazy enough to actually attempt it. I was not the only one who was concerned about your insanity. You will never be a mod. You nominate yourself, because you are SO out of touch with reality, you cannot see how hilarious that actually is. Until 2 weeks ago, you threatened atheists almost every time you were here, and told us we were going to hell. Then your little voices start telling you it's bad for business. The ONLY reason you're here, is because you NEED attention. Have you counted the hits YOUR posts get ? I will put mine in the the Resource library against yours any day. Go back to the HOARDS of people you predicted would be breaking down your flopped church, and sermonize to them. And delete their posts if you don't like them. THAT is how you moderate. No one cares what you say. You have never once carried on a coherent conversation here. You are incapable of it. 50 year old, constantly flip flopping, unstable, nut job. You're as entertaining as a heart attack or a tooth ache. You're type of "entertainment", anyone can do without. Weeping I don't stalk "people". I told you I was watching YOU, because YOU are the only one here who ever threatened anyone. And then YOU were upset that people in your real life would actually find out the insane shit you were actually saying. If someone here was saying they were going to commit suicide, we would have an obligation to intervene, or attempt to. YOU said you were going to destroy atheists, and it needed a "final solution". If YOU then went out and did something insane, the authorities would want to know why no one reported you. And it worked, didn't it ? You stopped making threats. YOU caused the problem. Stop trying to shift the blame. YOU made the threats. YOU are insane. Get help before you actually do something.

You know, there comes a time, Bucky, when anger and hate stop being insulting and start looking pitiful. I wonder what it must be like for you to have written nearly a book worth of hate posts directed toward me. I wonder how many thousands of words you have spent on that. I have never felt that way toward any one person, not ever, so I don't know what that's like, but I imagine it can't be very pleasant.

It must come from really low self-esteem. I mean, when I think of the people I don't like, I think they aren't worth talking to. I feel like they're too far beneath me to respond to. That's probaby arrogance, I admit. But for me to do what you do, stalk from post to post, pounce on anything I say, you must need my attention, and yet you hate me at the same time. That's got to really, really suck. To feel lower than the thing you hate. I've never experienced that. [Image: Disappointed_anim.gif]

We should try to be friends. I don't know how, but we should. Why let our psychologies push us around? We should do something else for a change. You seem like a smart man. There must be something you do other than this. I'll have to try to find out and extend the olive branch.

Because here's the honest to God truth: you win. You're regular and unceasing insults have worn me down, and I don't want to give you that power anymore. I have never put anyone on ignore in the entire history of my internet usage, but that's what I'm going to do (if this forum allows it).

I remember when it came to Raving Atheist, there was no winning or even having a good time. People just posted hate for the sake of hate. Someone would post pictures of feces and that was supposed to be funny. The whole idea was just to be crude--I guess some people get off that way. The left wing is often like that, they like to shock with disgusting things. It makes them feel powerful in a society which doesn't generally accept them or listen to them. I'm not like that. I like humor, creative and original humor. I even like it when someone makes a joke at my expense when it's creative and original. I was in a sailing forum once, and we would make fun of each other's brand of sailboat, and there was a lot of that kind of humor, and I loved it.

I don't love this intereaction between you and me. But I'm going to give it a bit more and try to find out more about you. I'll find that resource library and read some of your articles, that sort of thing. If you're one of the Raving Atheist types, it won't do any good. But I have high hopes.
[Image: 40%20(5).gif]
28-05-2013, 11:03 AM

(28-05-2013 07:51 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Wow, and I thought I was a self-indulgent asshole.

Listen, while I may not be opposed to anybody here becoming a mod (except for maybe pleasejesus), I think that out of all the other users on here, you would be one of the last to be chosen.

Just my opinion.

-Steven.

Why? Look at FSM_Scott: he goes around into all my posts for the mere purpose of insulting and hating me--and he's an admin. That kind of immature behavior is not what moderators should be engaging in. I mean that really sets a bad tone for the entire forum. He should be above that--but he's not.

There is a fight for the soul of this forum. It will become one of three types: Raving Atheist (which was all about hate and insults) in which case participation will decrease until nil. It will become a clique of atheists-only, and thus end up as boring and pointless as "Happy Atheist," or it will become very eclectic and thus very popular--wich is pretty much where it is now, but it's teetering.

Hate attitudes are inevitable, but the mods can't have them. They really need to be rational human beings. Bucky threatening to go into people's 3D world and mess around absolutely cannot be tolerated. Unfortunately, the owner of the site doesn't exert any leadership here anymore. Or that's what they say. So, the reason to do better or expand or be greater is missing.

EDIT: I take that back. I guess if I just took a little more time to look at the whole site, I'd know better. This forum is only one part of Seth Andrews website, and he has a huge amount of followers on Facebook. "The Thinking Atheist" is actually like a brand name for Andrews who used to have a radio show back in the day. He may not be in this forum, but he certainly maintains his website. There are books for sale, products, etc. I was just looking at things too narrowly.

I'm surprised I don't get banned. But then I do donate, I did buy his book, I would buy other products if there were any that I wanted like a coffee mug, etc., and to all ya'll's chagrin, I am gas for the fire (or hot air, whatever). Without participants like me you get a "happy atheist" clique. Having been in radio, I would imagine Seth Andrews knows the value of entertainment as opposed to "cause" mentality.
28-05-2013, 11:15 AM

(28-05-2013 08:21 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  ....No thanks. I have integrity...and a heart.

Entirely overrated! What's a soul worth if you can't sell it every now and again? [Image: 38%20(6).gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
28-05-2013, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2013 11:39 AM by Free Thought.)
(28-05-2013 11:03 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm surprised I don't get banned. But then I do donate, I did buy his book, I would buy other products if there were any that I wanted like a coffee mug, etc., and to all ya'll's chagrin, I am gas for the fire (or hot air, whatever). Without participants like me you get a "happy atheist" clique. Having been in radio, I would imagine Seth Andrews knows the value of entertainment as opposed to "cause" mentality.

There is absolutely no reason why you should be surprised at not being banned so far; you have presented no good reason to ban you ... arguably ... and as such your right to freedoms of expression are safe-guarded. Which is more than certain forums would have granted to dissenters.

The fact that you bring that up so often makes me think one of two things:
1. You are extremely pompous and self-important and egocentric, requiring attention to be drawn to yourself at all times in some way; positive or negative attention doesn't matter so long as somebody pays attention to you.
This would explain your grandstanding "I'm leaving" and your "No, wait, I'm returning" threads and your constant flip-flopping: Once people get bored of toying with one delusion you create a new one to insight interest upon yourself.
Or:
2. You bring up your surprise at not being banned often because, subconsciously somewhere, you desire to be banned, for whatever reason. Perhaps deep down you feel you need to be banned in order to gain your freedom from this forum; given your constant "I'm Leaving! no, wait! I'm not!" habits. They are failed attempts to escape attempts.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-05-2013, 11:38 AM
(28-05-2013 10:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  You know, there comes a time, Bucky, when anger and hate stop being insulting and start looking pitiful. I wonder what it must be like for you to have written nearly a book worth of hate posts directed toward me. I wonder how many thousands of words you have spent on that. I have never felt that way toward any one person, not ever, so I don't know what that's like, but I imagine it can't be very pleasant.

A wax pencil or crayon might have saved you from typing all this out; each works well on a mirror. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
28-05-2013, 11:47 AM
(28-05-2013 10:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 07:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  LOL. You talking about what would increase participation. You who know NOTHING about what attracts people. You are the "anti-expert" for participation. You are like a person who has declared bankruptcy opening a business giving business advice. You really are delusional. You contribute threats. What a stupid old church lady. "Oh, oh, oh, he swears a lot. Oh my poor ears". And you telling atheists they will go to hell is NOT rude ? So you pull a random number out of your ass. That AFTER your own forum was one of the biggest flops of all time. You wouldn't even be here if you knew anything about forum management. You threatened atheists. You are the only one here who is batshit crazy enough to actually attempt it. I was not the only one who was concerned about your insanity. You will never be a mod. You nominate yourself, because you are SO out of touch with reality, you cannot see how hilarious that actually is. Until 2 weeks ago, you threatened atheists almost every time you were here, and told us we were going to hell. Then your little voices start telling you it's bad for business. The ONLY reason you're here, is because you NEED attention. Have you counted the hits YOUR posts get ? I will put mine in the the Resource library against yours any day. Go back to the HOARDS of people you predicted would be breaking down your flopped church, and sermonize to them. And delete their posts if you don't like them. THAT is how you moderate. No one cares what you say. You have never once carried on a coherent conversation here. You are incapable of it. 50 year old, constantly flip flopping, unstable, nut job. You're as entertaining as a heart attack or a tooth ache. You're type of "entertainment", anyone can do without. Weeping I don't stalk "people". I told you I was watching YOU, because YOU are the only one here who ever threatened anyone. And then YOU were upset that people in your real life would actually find out the insane shit you were actually saying. If someone here was saying they were going to commit suicide, we would have an obligation to intervene, or attempt to. YOU said you were going to destroy atheists, and it needed a "final solution". If YOU then went out and did something insane, the authorities would want to know why no one reported you. And it worked, didn't it ? You stopped making threats. YOU caused the problem. Stop trying to shift the blame. YOU made the threats. YOU are insane. Get help before you actually do something.

You know, there comes a time, Bucky, when anger and hate stop being insulting and start looking pitiful. I wonder what it must be like for you to have written nearly a book worth of hate posts directed toward me. I wonder how many thousands of words you have spent on that. I have never felt that way toward any one person, not ever, so I don't know what that's like, but I imagine it can't be very pleasant.

It must come from really low self-esteem. I mean, when I think of the people I don't like, I think they aren't worth talking to. I feel like they're too far beneath me to respond to. That's probaby arrogance, I admit. But for me to do what you do, stalk from post to post, pounce on anything I say, you must need my attention, and yet you hate me at the same time. That's got to really, really suck. To feel lower than the thing you hate. I've never experienced that. [Image: Disappointed_anim.gif]

We should try to be friends. I don't know how, but we should. Why let our psychologies push us around? We should do something else for a change. You seem like a smart man. There must be something you do other than this. I'll have to try to find out and extend the olive branch.

Because here's the honest to God truth: you win. You're regular and unceasing insults have worn me down, and I don't want to give you that power anymore. I have never put anyone on ignore in the entire history of my internet usage, but that's what I'm going to do (if this forum allows it).

I remember when it came to Raving Atheist, there was no winning or even having a good time. People just posted hate for the sake of hate. Someone would post pictures of feces and that was supposed to be funny. The whole idea was just to be crude--I guess some people get off that way. The left wing is often like that, they like to shock with disgusting things. It makes them feel powerful in a society which doesn't generally accept them or listen to them. I'm not like that. I like humor, creative and original humor. I even like it when someone makes a joke at my expense when it's creative and original. I was in a sailing forum once, and we would make fun of each other's brand of sailboat, and there was a lot of that kind of humor, and I loved it.

I don't love this intereaction between you and me. But I'm going to give it a bit more and try to find out more about you. I'll find that resource library and read some of your articles, that sort of thing. If you're one of the Raving Atheist types, it won't do any good. But I have high hopes.
[Image: 40%20(5).gif]

LOL. I don't hate anyone. You are not worth the energy. You project your insanity. Don't bother to do anything. Just make no more threats. Nothing you say or do will erase your insulting-threatening past. Deny it all you like. Try to twist it any way you like. You are very obvious. Your "pity" is a show. I could care less what you do. You are beneath contempt. Nice try at being "superior". Everyone here knows what you really are, and what you are all about. An attention-seeking nut-job.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-05-2013, 12:14 PM

(28-05-2013 11:38 AM)kim Wrote:  A wax pencil or crayon might have saved you from typing all this out; each works well on a mirror. Drinking Beverage

You all say I hate, but I don't, and even when I was a Christian and talking about hell, I didn't come across that way. I was trying to warn you. That's not hate. You need to think I hate, because that's your left-wing stance. You have to be the righteously persecuted so you can feel right. I have to be a "hater" in your eyes, or you don't feel equal to me. The left-wing always feels inferior in society--even when they're right! But I don't hate--never have. Even when I said I hated atheism, I made it clear that it was the system of thought, not the individual that I hated.