I Notice these Things about fundamentalist christians

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Bug I Notice these Things about fundamentalist christians
I want to list two things I have noticed about fundies in the united states of america .

First it's the science they hate. I can sort of understand evolution and star light but why the big bang. Can't Christians just say when god said let there be light he was using the big bang for the first light? Christians can milk the big bang in their favor so why don't they use it. You can go into the fine details of science but that would mean a creationist would accept no science. So at it's simplest they could use the big bang and say that was the light. I mean they can remove moveth his tail like a cedar to tail like a cedar in job so why not twist words around some more? This is because they want to get rid of atheist first (which is strange seeing as how you can move an atheist away from science and then instead of becoming a christian he becomes a Muslim, so I personally think it would be better for christians to get rid of islam first) and hopefully put them into their dogma. So all the science they call evolutionism is really what should be called "science that atheist can use to explain the universe without them becoming slaves to our church."

Second is freewill. They always ask if you had a choice between robot love or real love which one would you choose? I'd first say real love but i also wouldn't burn people for eternity because they don't like me, and i may only be a teenager but i don't think i want to even spank my kids (i was when i was younger and i still do things im not supposed to and i don't mean no discipline just not in the form of hitting). Also why does it matter what i choose im not anything like their god. God is more like the leader of north korea. Kills people who don't worship him, demands praise. So god would choose the robot love more because he wants he to love him or burn. And why does it matter if free will exist or not, if you god is real and there is no freewill it doesn't matter. Why does it matter that god gives free will? It's so fundies can paint the image that god is just and is not just choosing people to burn. If that was so then everyone would notice they're god isn't moral and might leave the church.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: I Notice these Things about fundamentalist christians
Thing I notice about 'em, they clog up the woodchipper quicker than regular Christians.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
(01-02-2014 12:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Thing I notice about 'em, they clog up the woodchipper quicker than regular Christians.

Their babies taste better too.
All that fat is where the taste comes from Evil_monster

Atir aissom atir imon
01-02-2014, 01:22 PM
(01-02-2014 11:14 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  First it's the science they hate. I can sort of understand evolution and star light but why the big bang. Can't Christians just say when god said let there be light he was using the big bang for the first light? Christians can milk the big bang in their favor so why don't they use it. You can go into the fine details of science but that would mean a creationist would accept no science. So at it's simplest they could use the big bang and say that was the light. I mean they can remove moveth his tail like a cedar to tail like a cedar in job so why not twist words around some more? This is because they want to get rid of atheist first (which is strange seeing as how you can move an atheist away from science and then instead of becoming a christian he becomes a Muslim, so I personally think it would be better for christians to get rid of islam first) and hopefully put them into their dogma. So all the science they call evolutionism is really what should be called "science that atheist can use to explain the universe without them becoming slaves to our church."

This might be better stated "They hate science that invalidates a literal reading of the Bible". I've known several fundies that love science (well, pseudoscience) and are shockingly well versed in it. I don't want to start a cross-forum war, so I won't post it here, but I remember a thread from a Christian Forum. They went into incredible detail about changing rates of decay, changing speeds of light, and gravity not existing, all so they could "prove" a 6,000-year-old, geocentric universe.

Their conclusion is fucked up, but the amount of jargon and scientific-sounding terms they could throw at you is staggering.

(01-02-2014 11:14 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Second is freewill. They always ask if you had a choice between robot love or real love which one would you choose? I'd first say real love but i also wouldn't burn people for eternity because they don't like me, and i may only be a teenager but i don't think i want to even spank my kids (i was when i was younger and i still do things im not supposed to and i don't mean no discipline just not in the form of hitting). Also why does it matter what i choose im not anything like their god. God is more like the leader of north korea. Kills people who don't worship him, demands praise. So god would choose the robot love more because he wants he to love him or burn. And why does it matter if free will exist or not, if you god is real and there is no freewill it doesn't matter. Why does it matter that god gives free will? It's so fundies can paint the image that god is just and is not just choosing people to burn. If that was so then everyone would notice they're god isn't moral and might leave the church.

Actually, they love free will. It's the crux of their (stupid) rationalization of the Problem of Evil. This lets them blame all the ills of the world on us rather than their all-powerful, future-reading creator god. It's a dumb argument, but it makes them feel better.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
01-02-2014, 02:13 PM
This might be better stated "They hate science that invalidates a literal reading of the Bible". I've known several fundies that love science (well, pseudoscience) and are shockingly well versed in it. I don't want to start a cross-forum war, so I won't post it here, but I remember a thread from a Christian Forum. They went into incredible detail about changing rates of decay, changing speeds of light, and gravity not existing, all so they could "prove" a 6,000-year-old, geocentric universe.

Their conclusion is fucked up, but the amount of jargon and scientific-sounding terms they could throw at you is staggering.

Really all that. I bet you they had no scientific peer reviewed papers behind it. You can throw all the scientific words you can at me but if you have no source your just like a fighter who's all bark and no bite. My respects for you even going to this forum i know when you read it you had a weapons grade face palm after reading that.Bowing

Actually, they love free will. It's the crux of their (stupid) rationalization of the Problem of Evil. This lets them blame all the ills of the world on us rather than their all-powerful, future-reading creator god. It's a dumb argument, but it makes them feel better.
[/quote]

i forgot about that too thanks for pointing it outBig Grin

01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
I noticed that they are no good for making sausages.

All that fat.. pff!

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
01-02-2014, 05:08 PM
(01-02-2014 02:13 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Really all that. I bet you they had no scientific peer reviewed papers behind it. You can throw all the scientific words you can at me but if you have no source your just like a fighter who's all bark and no bite. My respects for you even going to this forum i know when you read it you had a weapons grade face palm after reading that.Bowing

They'll tell you that the whole peer-reviewing thing is part of the atheist conspiracy to silence the truth and kill God. Because I've heard them say that sort of thing, too. Once you've decided that observable reality is part of a conspiracy to prove you wrong, you can say anything you want!
01-02-2014, 05:11 PM
They'll tell you that the whole peer-reviewing thing is part of the atheist conspiracy to silence the truth and kill God. Because I've heard them say that sort of thing, too. Once you've decided that observable reality is part of a conspiracy to prove you wrong, you can say anything you want!
[/quote]

so if peer review is a conspiracy to them how does science work for them. Peer review shows your research and if you let me it's easier for a rich man to get into heaven then to get through peer reviewBig Grin. Saying we have science without peer review is like saying im the light heavyweight ufc champion without any training

01-02-2014, 05:39 PM
(01-02-2014 12:45 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Thing I notice about 'em, they clog up the woodchipper quicker than regular Christians.

Their babies taste better too.

You should boil them first and remove the fat - not good for you.
A bit like Ghee. Tastes good but blocks the arteries. Evil_monsterHobo

A little bit like Christianity to fundamentalists - tastes good but blocks the flow of reason & rationality.

A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence -
David Hume

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhOs7rUrS5bRKvWS7clR7...gNs5ZwpVef]
[+] 1 user Likes Baruch's post
02-02-2014, 02:44 AM
(01-02-2014 05:39 PM)Baruch Wrote:  
(01-02-2014 12:45 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Their babies taste better too.

You should boil them first and remove the fat - not good for you.
A bit like Ghee. Tastes good but blocks the arteries. Evil_monsterHobo

A little bit like Christianity to fundamentalists - tastes good but blocks the flow of reason & rationality.

Don't worry! I'm waaaay ahead of you. I make baby soup Smile

Atir aissom atir imon