I SEEK REAL EVIDENCE NOT "FAITH" BASED ON my neighbor's SCIENCE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 08:08 PM
RE: I SEEK REAL EVIDENCE NOT "FAITH" BASED ON my neighbor's SCIENCE
(19-06-2013 07:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 07:01 PM)bettahman Wrote:  Please those Who Still Question????..IS THERE A GOD??? READ THIS ENTIRE POST !!!!!!!

No there isn't. Glad i could answer your question Thumbsup

Also nice to see you copy pasted this to a yahoo answers page. Loving the originality.
of course its a great argument.i dont see why we can be honest with ourselves a admit that everthing happens for a reason, a cause. i we really only have little control on how nature works
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 08:48 PM by ridethespiral.)
(19-06-2013 07:01 PM)bettahman Wrote:  No one person here on earth has ever started/created life from non-living materials.

Actually someone has...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/77458...g-god.html

...and also remember that 2.5 billion years ago the moon was a heck of a lot closer, we had 200+ foot tides on earth that would have turned most of the planet into a churning cauldron of organic material, constantly being deposited on shores and in tidal pools where it can congele and then swept up again where it can be mixed with other organic chemicals and be re-deposited.

You don't need, asteroids, nor aliens, nor gods just the right materials and whole lot of time and energy.... and the earth has these in spades.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I haven't read so much wrong in one post in a long time. Before you go starting a new thread..

Just shoo fly.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-06-2013, 09:04 PM
(19-06-2013 08:08 PM)bettahman Wrote:  
(19-06-2013 07:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  No there isn't. Glad i could answer your question Thumbsup

Also nice to see you copy pasted this to a yahoo answers page. Loving the originality.
of course its a great argument.i dont see why we can be honest with ourselves a admit that everthing happens for a reason, a cause. i we really only have little control on how nature works

Why is it a great argument? Let's say there was a cause, some reason for it. You figured it out? Because if this great big ball of chaos we call earth was planned, it wasn't by the hand of a perfect loving creator. I know that for sure. You can apply as much apologetics to the argument as you want, the god of the bible cannot logically exist. He was made up just like all of the other gods.

So when you find a logical explanation for this great plan that our supposed creator has, let me know and I'll be a believer.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
19-06-2013, 09:08 PM
(19-06-2013 07:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  No there isn't. Glad i could answer your question Thumbsup

Let me try out my newfound Fallacy knowledge. The short blurb above contains the following:

Argument from Ignorance - An appeal to ignorance is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence.

Appeal to Ignorance - is an argument for or against a proposition on the basis of a lack of evidence against or for it. If there is positive evidence for the conclusion, then of course we have other reasons for accepting it, but a lack of evidence by itself is no evidence.

Ignorance of Refutation - This is the most general fallacy of irrelevance. Any argument in which the premisses are logically unrelated to the conclusion commits this fallacy.

Emotional Appeal - An appeal to emotion is a type of argument which attempts to arouse the emotions of its audience in order to gain acceptance of its conclusion.

Non Causa Pro Causa - This is the most general fallacy of reasoning to conclusions about causality. Some authors describe it as inferring that something is the cause of something else when it isn't.

Now that is impressive for such a short statement!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-06-2013, 09:10 PM

of course its a great argument.i dont see why we can be honest with ourselves a admit that everthing happens for a reason, a cause.

Two reasons - entropy and Gwyneth Paltrow. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
19-06-2013, 09:24 PM
First you need to learn about evolution and its mechanisms (hint: it's not just a bunch of random mutations stacked upon each other).

Secondly, even if somehow there turned out to be conclusive evidence that life was created by an intelligent entity (good luck finding such a thing), what makes you think that it would be your god? It would be like walking into a retirement home, finding an apple pie on a table, and assuming that it was made by your grandma. There's 200 other grandmas that live there. Don't be so egocentric.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
19-06-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 09:52 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-06-2013 07:01 PM)bettahman Wrote:  1. Creation is based on the belief that an intelligent Creator/God purposely designed and put the universe together.

2. Evolution is based (and being taught) on the belief that life formed from non-living materials and that random chance and millions/billions of highly favorable and innovative mistakes or “mutations” were able to complement and build upon one another to create all the life forms which exist today, and to your point all the ones that have become extinct.

3. Therefore, since no one can demonstrate how it happened, or even how the first living cell (somehow and against all odds) got itself started stayed alive and learned to replicate, you are left to decide. What is great is that you are free to make up your own mind regarding who is right and how it occurred, and we should all be free to speak our minds in any public forum without fear of offending those who have very likely been miss lead by the Mass Media to believe something that (based on the “odds” alone) cannot be true.

Hope that helps.

Now LET us pray .

Let's not.
Pray on your own fucking dime. How's that for a reply ?

You're wrong on every single point, idiot. How old are you ? 12 ?

1. A god can't "do or create" (ie act), unless spaceTIME ALREADY exists. An "action" requires time already in place. I suggest Philosophy-for-Kinnygardeners. An "action" by an eternal/timeless god creates a POINT in time by which it can be measured. Thus it is no longer timeless and eternal. Maybe you could buy a clue ?

2. Wrong on every single point. Proves you know nothing about Evolution and probability, mutations, and genetics. But thanks for proving yet again you people are unbelievably ignorant of science.

3. Unfortunately for you, they have demonstrated how it could have happened. Very easily.

4. Your idiot presumption that anyone is "free" to actually believe what they know to be false is worthy of a real religious fool. Which you are. Ever hear of "god of the gaps". That's all your pathetic god is. She must be REAL happy with you. ... not.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Oooh BB you made me snort and spit water all over my iPad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-06-2013, 11:54 PM
cool story bro, needs more dragon.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.