I Talked with Mormons for 2 Hours...(very long)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2017, 11:10 AM
RE: I Talked with Mormons for 2 Hours...(very long)
(31-07-2017 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You mentioned asking about the fact that horses, cows and other farm animals were not in the Americas 2000 years ago. Did you also ask about the fact that BoM claims that American Indians are the decendents of the Jews who left Jerusalem in 621 BC and came to America. But all DNA evidence shows the Jews and Indians have no genetic connection whatsoever? This is a nice question to ask. Evil_monster
I asked if the Americas were already inhabited and they said yes, so I assumed that meant the Lehites and Indians weren't related. Still stupid, but slightly less so.
(31-07-2017 10:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Were you stoned? I hope you were stoned.
Maybe I would have been if they were more fundamentalist. Dodgy

Anyway, I'm seeing them again in about an hour. And I just read the part of the BoM where it says the unbelievers were cursed by having their skin darkened. Gasp

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2017, 11:17 AM
(31-07-2017 11:10 AM)TSG Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You mentioned asking about the fact that horses, cows and other farm animals were not in the Americas 2000 years ago. Did you also ask about the fact that BoM claims that American Indians are the decendents of the Jews who left Jerusalem in 621 BC and came to America. But all DNA evidence shows the Jews and Indians have no genetic connection whatsoever? This is a nice question to ask. Evil_monster
I asked if the Americas were already inhabited and they said yes, so I assumed that meant the Lehites and Indians weren't related. Still stupid, but slightly less so.
(31-07-2017 10:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Were you stoned? I hope you were stoned.
Maybe I would have been if they were more fundamentalist. Dodgy

Anyway, I'm seeing them again in about an hour. And I just read the part of the BoM where it says the unbelievers were cursed by having their skin darkened. Gasp

You might want to scan this post by Goodwithoutgod, who is a poster here from time to time.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ead?page=2

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
31-07-2017, 11:52 AM
(31-07-2017 11:10 AM)TSG Wrote:  Anyway, I'm seeing them again in about an hour. And I just read the part of the BoM where it says the unbelievers were cursed by having their skin darkened. Gasp

Offer them some Mormon tea. They don't drink caffeine but they drink ephedra tea. That shit'll fuck you up worse than caffeine. FDA pulled it off the shelves for a while. Weed too, no prohibition against weed. You know Joseph Smith was high as fuck when he saw the angel Moronium.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
31-07-2017, 02:09 PM
Meh. The sequels are never as good.

They got me that Spanish BoM, And a handy omnibus of Mormon scripture, but the conversation only lasted an hour and a half.

It got deep and philosophical on topics of prayer and miracles, which ate up a lot of the question time, and they had to go. At least, I hope that I didn't scare them away after we started talking about faith as a reason to believe. It's a possibility. They didn't offer to pray and didn't try to set a new appointment, but that might have been since I warned them their chances of converting me were slim. I have a tendency to think social interactions go worse than they actually do, so it may be nothing. They said they would still answer any future questions, after all. Either way, FREE STUFF!

I might type up some more detail about it tomorrow, but now I'm tired and working off my phone's data.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
31-07-2017, 02:41 PM
(31-07-2017 02:09 PM)TSG Wrote:  Meh. The sequels are never as good.

They got me that Spanish BoM, And a handy omnibus of Mormon scripture, but the conversation only lasted an hour and a half.

It got deep and philosophical on topics of prayer and miracles, which ate up a lot of the question time, and they had to go. At least, I hope that I didn't scare them away after we started talking about faith as a reason to believe. It's a possibility. They didn't offer to pray and didn't try to set a new appointment, but that might have been since I warned them their chances of converting me were slim. I have a tendency to think social interactions go worse than they actually do, so it may be nothing. They said they would still answer any future questions, after all. Either way, FREE STUFF!

I might type up some more detail about it tomorrow, but now I'm tired and working off my phone's data.

Good luck. Don't forget to bring a black metal album to scare them away if they get too close.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."