I Talked with Mormons for 2 Hours...(very long)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: I Talked with Mormons for 2 Hours...(very long)
(10-09-2017 01:28 PM)ImFred Wrote:  A mouth's a mouth.

TMI, brother, way too much. Hobo

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2017, 01:38 PM
TMI for someone named girly man?
10-09-2017, 01:48 PM
(10-09-2017 01:38 PM)ImFred Wrote:  TMI for someone named girly man?

None shall pass.
[Image: ZqdNFDq.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Awesome writeup TSG!

I enjoyed reading it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-09-2017, 02:26 PM
(31-07-2017 11:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 10:06 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You mentioned asking about the fact that horses, cows and other farm animals were not in the Americas 2000 years ago. Did you also ask about the fact that BoM claims that American Indians are the decendents of the Jews who left Jerusalem in 621 BC and came to America. But all DNA evidence shows the Jews and Indians have no genetic connection whatsoever? This is a nice question to ask. Evil_monster

Duh. The Jews today aren't the real Jews. They're pretenders who are genetically European. That's why they have no historical claim to the land that no one wanted until the fake Jews started moving there.

I'm curious about the difference between real Jews and fake ones, and what exactly gives anyone a historical claim to any land.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
10-09-2017, 02:29 PM
(10-09-2017 02:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 11:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Duh. The Jews today aren't the real Jews. They're pretenders who are genetically European. That's why they have no historical claim to the land that no one wanted until the fake Jews started moving there.

I'm curious about the difference between real Jews and fake ones, and what exactly gives anyone a historical claim to any land.

I would assume that DNA would be a decent way to determine who are "real" ethnic Jews.

As for what gives someone a claim to land...

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
10-09-2017, 02:30 PM
(10-09-2017 02:26 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(31-07-2017 11:03 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Duh. The Jews today aren't the real Jews. They're pretenders who are genetically European. That's why they have no historical claim to the land that no one wanted until the fake Jews started moving there.

The real Jews' mothers are also real Jews. That's it.

#sigh
10-09-2017, 02:54 PM
(29-07-2017 11:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  What exactly do you stand to gain from "getting through to them?" If they're happy and living good lives, and as you said, they're really nice people who deserve respect, then why do you feel the need to intervene in their way of thinking?

(I did read your entire post, btw. I appreciate that you can be kind to people who are soliciting their religious beliefs to you.)

Because people's beliefs don't live in a vacuum, they effect their actions.

And the further from reality those beliefs are, the more likely they are to make bad decisions, in the real world, based on those beliefs.

For example: the Mormon Church in Utah were of the leading financial contributor to defeat the marriage equality proposition in California. Based on unsupported Mormon beliefs.
[+] 4 users Like Simon Moon's post
10-09-2017, 03:35 PM
I had two cute ones come to my house and they helped me unload my groceries. I talked to them for a few minutes but that was about all I could take.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
10-09-2017, 04:23 PM
My name is Vincent...but not THAT Vincent. Although ironically, my home town was Plamyra, NY, the birthplace of Mormonism. Joseph Smith's farm was just over the hill from where I lived, and Hill Cumorah, where Joseph Smith was supposedly given the Golden Plates, was a couple of miles down NY-21 from my house. The first actual Mormon church in Palmyra was built right across the street from my house. BUT, I am not and never was Mormon. In fact, when I was growing up, Mormons were few and far between in Palmyra, and until the 1960s there was no actual Mormon church in town.

Over my life I've met a number of Mormons and always found them to be very nice, very moral people, although as with any group of people, I'm sure there are the bad apples, too.

Around 1960, my grandparents took me on a trip "out west", and we stopped in Salt Lake City just to see the Mormon Temple, etc. The minute we stepped out of the car about a block from the temple, 2 young Mormon men started following us and "talking" to us. They had spent time in Palmyra and knew that our license plate was from the same county as Palmyra, and were excited to learn we were from Palmyra. My grandmother, a Methodist, repeatedly asked them to leave us alone, but they kept following us along. Big mistake. Because one of the elders asked my grandfather (who was not religious in the least), "What do you know about Joseph Smith?" My grandfather replied, "I know he was a horse thief!" That cured the Mormon boys of following us any further. Although, that is what many people from Palmyra believed back then, but I think it was just religious prejudice.

But thinking back on this, it is interesting how disdainful people can be of religious beliefs that are not theirs, even if their beliefs are held in disdain by others.
[+] 1 user Likes phetaroi's post