I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
16-04-2012, 09:44 PM
RE: I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God
Actually I know he wasn't trying to pass it off as proof, hence the "if I might add" part. It would suggest it doesn't contain to the context before but its either random or a new start of a topic. But thank you anyway.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 12:54 AM by Humakt.)
(16-04-2012 09:44 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  Actually I know he wasn't trying to pass it off as proof, hence the "if I might add" part. It would suggest it doesn't contain to the context before but its either random or a new start of a topic. But thank you anyway.

I didnt say you were trying to pass it off as proof, I was saying you were remiss in saying it didnt function as proof. As he wasnt asked to prove, and wasnt trying to prove. He was asked to define and was attempting to define. So if you wanna shift the goal posts and cry foul, you can just as when you get called on it you can get all up in arms about.
OK, as your comment does not pertain to the comments, you are not addressing. Your point is moot. But, if I might add, my favorite colour is grey and whilst not technically a colour and more correctly a shade I still find it pleasing. Perhaps, we can talk about rainbows now or maybe battleships. Oh and whilst Im at it, I'll condesend to you in the spirit of reciprocity and say your welcome.

If I might add suggests at least to me building upon the subject matter, it does not mean reinventing the context and then critising the person who spoke before you for being on the topic youve retroactivly changed.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2012 01:20 AM by publius2k4.)

publius2k4

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
[Image: tumblr_lvj8iyIABB1r2fzujo1_500.gif]
17-04-2012, 05:38 AM
While if a certain thing can never be related to a topic that atheists don't believe in god, such in the case of what is good proof, often what drives atheism away from god, is reliable to be related to the topic, I do not know.
As well as my thank you, which was not meant to be sarcastic, however thank you for perceiving it as such.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
17-04-2012, 07:30 AM
(17-04-2012 05:38 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  While if a certain thing can never be related to a topic that atheists don't believe in god, such in the case of what is good proof, often what drives atheism away from god, is reliable to be related to the topic, I do not know.
As well as my thank you, which was not meant to be sarcastic, however thank you for perceiving it as such.
Fair enough, text can be misleading, so can reading and posting after being awake for 18 hours Smile. If I follow your meaning and Im not really sure I do, then Id say your barking up the wrong tree - Egor, no more has to provide proof than you require faith. And whereas the religious seem to take delight in deliberatly misapplying the relevance of there faith based views to atheists, atheists are no less guilty of the reverse. Personally, I find atheism a step to far for my taste, I prefer to not make claims I have no evidence for, so Im happy to be agnostic and say I have no knowledge of God. I think that more we understand of God the nessecity there is for one, but that doesnt mean there isnt, in the same way as there no way of knowing if we're all existing in a droplet of soup suspended in a pixies beard. Anywhoo, it strikes me my tone was a little off in dealing with your post, thanks for the good humoured reply and my apologies. Not that it wont happen again Smile.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
17-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Why do people respond to Egor's threads? Especially the ones that are so obviously meant for bait and troll?
[+] 1 user Likes arbmouser's post
17-04-2012, 04:57 PM
(17-04-2012 07:30 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 05:38 AM)Red Tornado Wrote:  While if a certain thing can never be related to a topic that atheists don't believe in god, such in the case of what is good proof, often what drives atheism away from god, is reliable to be related to the topic, I do not know.
Fair enough, text can be misleading, so can reading and posting after being awake for 18 hours Smile. If I follow your meaning and Im not really sure I do, then Id say your barking up the wrong tree - Egor, no more has to provide proof than you require faith. And whereas the religious seem to take delight in deliberatly misapplying the relevance of there faith based views to atheists, atheists are no less guilty of the reverse. Personally, I find atheism a step to far for my taste, I prefer to not make claims I have no evidence for, so Im happy to be agnostic and say I have no knowledge of God. I think that more we understand of God the nessecity there is for one, but that doesnt mean there isnt, in the same way as there no way of knowing if we're all existing in a droplet of soup suspended in a pixies beard. Anywhoo, it strikes me my tone was a little off in dealing with your post, thanks for the good humoured reply and my apologies. Not that it wont happen again Smile.

Its okay. I also apologise, I don't make posts clear enough - thats a fault on my end. ^^ I'm also cranky when I don't get enough sleep, no worries! Thats what the weekend is for!

17-04-2012, 08:41 PM
(17-04-2012 04:57 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(17-04-2012 07:30 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Fair enough, text can be misleading, so can reading and posting after being awake for 18 hours Smile. If I follow your meaning and Im not really sure I do, then Id say your barking up the wrong tree - Egor, no more has to provide proof than you require faith. And whereas the religious seem to take delight in deliberatly misapplying the relevance of there faith based views to atheists, atheists are no less guilty of the reverse. Personally, I find atheism a step to far for my taste, I prefer to not make claims I have no evidence for, so Im happy to be agnostic and say I have no knowledge of God. I think that more we understand of God the nessecity there is for one, but that doesnt mean there isnt, in the same way as there no way of knowing if we're all existing in a droplet of soup suspended in a pixies beard. Anywhoo, it strikes me my tone was a little off in dealing with your post, thanks for the good humoured reply and my apologies. Not that it wont happen again Smile.

Its okay. I also apologise, I don't make posts clear enough - thats a fault on my end. ^^ I'm also cranky when I don't get enough sleep, no worries! Thats what the weekend is for!
Smile

18-04-2012, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2012 09:02 AM by calmblueocean.)
(06-04-2012 02:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  Most atheists seem to be in rebellion against religion.
This is another of those things that annoys me about some religious (esp. Christian) folk: the need to treat freethinkers as if we're just angry teens who're all painting our nails black and getting our noses pierced to rebel against Daddy God or something. Our eyes are the ones that are open. The religious are those who swallow what the establishment gives them and then proceed to insist that everyone else do the same.

(10-04-2012 09:51 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  By the way, I'm sick of the argument that Atheists try so hard to rebel against religion.

Stay the fuck out of my government, media (this covers television, radio, and print), and sports and I'll stay the fuck out of your face.

Thank God this, thank God that. Thank God that ONE person survived that horrible tragedy where thousands were killed. It's a miracle that my grandma's cancer receded even though the brave soldier who fought for my rights (at least was their intent) is still missing his limbs. THANK GOD I WON THE SUPERBOWL at the expense of crushing the opposing team's dreams.

Yea, nothing to "rebel" against here. Let's just go about our day skipping and hopping along.
... *hugs you*

This is the kind of thing I've tried (whilst fighting back my own f-drenched anger) to explain to some Christian friends. It's everywhere. I love football, but Tim Tebow makes me want to inflict violence on him. Can the religious just go along quietly without needing to rub their stuff in everyone's faces?

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss