I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
RE: I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God
I think you don't have a clue. Or you're trolling.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2012, 05:21 PM
(06-04-2012 05:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think you don't have a clue. Or you're trolling.
Thumbsup Immediate thought would be 'troll!' but unfortunately, you never know Weeping ...
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Adaptive's post
06-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Didn't we have this one already? Maybe they're all just blurring together.

I think I'll cling on to this fulfilling, interesting, rewarding and wonderful journey of internal and external discovery, If it's a delusion it's certainly made me infinitely more happy than Christianity ever did.

Oh, and there's plenty of perfection out there in the real world Egor, you've just got to know where to look Wink

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 2 users Like Shannow's post
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
(06-04-2012 05:38 PM)Shannow Wrote:  I think I'll cling on to this fulfilling, interesting, rewarding and wonderful journey of internal and external discovery, If it's a delusion it's certainly made me infinitely more happy than Christianity ever did.

Oh I have no doubt that it's all a delusion brother, realizing that we're all delusional is what makes all the difference. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Ok ok... i'll spill it... there's a secret forum. It's for the flying spaghetti monster. In it, at night, we put on our robes and wizard hats and pray to the flying spaghetti monster. We really believe that his noodly appendages are there to touch us. Every now and then he answers personally to each of us and therefore he knows he exists by his personal accounts which no one else can confirm with any solid proof. We just know he exists.

My my would you look at the time... it's that time already.

I take off my robe and wizard hat...
06-04-2012, 07:04 PM
And, of course, there are some of us who prefer the one and only REAL GOD, for whom we are ready to sacrifice all the we hold dear.

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! ia! ia!

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes le_procyon's post
06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
^^^ Is that a cry to cthulu? I hear he's pretty rad.
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Am not and never have been rebelling against religion or its cast of lead characters.

As far as why there is something rather than nothing, when we look at something we do not understand we investigate and question. We may never have that answer, still does not prove the existence of a deity or deities (yes others don't believe in one special friend, they have many). Some of us will continue to look and not just say it must be a god because I cannot comprehend it.

I think Constantine making Christianity the official religion of the empire had more to do with the endurance of Christianity. Do you think they had sponsorship at stadiums?

Laplace being questioned by Napoleon as to why he didn't mention god when he wrote Mecanique Celeste said it best! It really is that simple (see below).

"I had no need for that hypothesis"
P.S Laplace

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Cthulhu is not rad! He is terrifying! But he will spare us, his true followers! And by spare I mean kill us first, painlessly and quickly. Ia, ia, Cthulhu fhtagn!

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
[+] 2 users Like le_procyon's post
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
LOL! That's great