I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
08-04-2012, 02:24 PM
RE: I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God
Everyone has talents in at least one regard. It does not however make one smart to simply have talent and time invested in one or two skills.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2012, 03:15 PM
(08-04-2012 01:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I hear what your are saying Dom, but I do think it is a huge overstatement to suggest Egor is smart.

Does anyone know of a church that has become a church without a congregation?
People mostly post how much of an idiot this guy is.
How is he going to get people to join or buy his silly rewritten bible?

I don't know a church like that, but then I know next to nothing about churches. All I know is that if I wanted to start a new cult I would begin online. No place like the internet for drawing attention to oneself if one wants to do that.

All he needs is to dominate google for a lot of religion related keywords and it will fall into place. Google will send him all the interested people he wants. It may take a few years, but it would take a whole lot longer to pound the pavement looking for church members.

I am not saying his philosophy is smart, I don't think that at all. Besides, he seems to still be fishing around for new ideas to improve his new religion.

But his webdesign and use of the internet is smart. His use of TTA is quite smart. He apparently had to go through a bunch of forums until one would let him use it, but so far he is succeeding in using TTA as a platform to support his new site and gain google exposure. Long as he doesn't overdo the links and keeps the buzz going he will ride nicely on TTA and advance in google.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-04-2012, 03:30 PM
(08-04-2012 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 01:19 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I hear what your are saying Dom, but I do think it is a huge overstatement to suggest Egor is smart.

I don't know a church like that, but then I know next to nothing about churches. All I know is that if I wanted to start a new cult I would begin online. No place like the internet for drawing attention to oneself if one wants to do that.

All he needs is to dominate google for a lot of religion related keywords and it will fall into place. Google will send him all the interested people he wants. It may take a few years, but it would take a whole lot longer to pound the pavement looking for church members.

I am not saying his philosophy is smart, I don't think that at all. Besides, he seems to still be fishing around for new ideas to improve his new religion.

But his webdesign and use of the internet is smart. His use of TTA is quite smart. He apparently had to go through a bunch of forums until one would let him use it, but so far he is succeeding in using TTA as a platform to support his new site and gain google exposure. Long as he doesn't overdo the links and keeps the buzz going he will ride nicely on TTA and advance in google.

Egor is an entrepreneur. ... Doesn't mean I'm gonna send venture capital his way. Religion is a dying business. A new startup ain't likely to change that. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-04-2012, 03:35 PM
(08-04-2012 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know a church like that, but then I know next to nothing about churches. All I know is that if I wanted to start a new cult I would begin online. No place like the internet for drawing attention to oneself if one wants to do that.

Egor is an entrepreneur. ... Doesn't mean I'm gonna send venture capital his way. Religion is a dying business. A new startup ain't likely to change that. Wink

Ahh, I bet there's still plenty of fish in the sea for him... he has no actual church building to support, once he gets people to send money for the cause to his site he will be doing ok.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-04-2012, 07:59 PM
You know, Egor, that a lot of atheists think that theists don't really believe in God, which is just the same argument in reverse. Do you like being characterized as a closet atheist who is too afraid to admit it? Perhaps you should give us the benefit of the doubt when we say that we really, truly don't believe that any God exists.

You know how you personally feel about the gods of Greek and Roman mythology? Do you secretly suspect they might be real? No? That's how we feel about your God... we think that Christians invented their god for the same exact reasons that the Greeks and Romans felt that they needed to invent some gods.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Starcrash's post
08-04-2012, 08:00 PM
(06-04-2012 02:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  I think atheists, at least the atheists that hang out in forums such as this, know full well that God exists.
Well then they are not atheist.

Dumbass.

Forget Jesus. Stars died so you could live.-Lawrence Krauss

For god loved the world so much he tortured his only begotten son, gave him a 3 day nap only to wake up in ultimate awesomeness and called it a sacrifice.
08-04-2012, 09:06 PM
I Think Christians Don't Actually Believe in God
I think Christians, at least the Christians that hang out in forums such as this, know full well that God does not exist. I don’t think they’re ignorant at all. In fact, I’ll bet they pray more often and more directly than most believers do. Granted, their prayers are probably nothing more than questioning and begging, but I’ll bet they pray all the same.

I think Christians are looking for reasons, and the only way they can come close to feeling it is to deny it and have others argue against them. But they will still be held responsible in the end, because faith is a dead-end street. No God reaches out to you, and you, in turn, reach out to nothing.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-04-2012, 11:55 PM

(07-04-2012 03:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Um... you realise that no matter what I say to you you now will say "oh he's just saying that but really he believes X"?

Yes, I admit that makes it more of a rhetorical observation.

Quote:Seems a bit crazy to be telling me what I believe? I don't play games, I don't pretend one thing then do another. When I say something to you you can rest assured it was exactly what I was thinking at the time.

So no lie, I do not believe that God as described by you and others exists.

What about God as you describe it? ‘cuz that’s the only one I’m talking about.

[quote]Also in the "examples of prayer atheists might say" you said it would be mostly insults and rage and whatnot? I mean seriously, I don't pick up the phone and insult people, why if I believed in God would I (a) deny it (b) secretly ring him up all the time to yell at him?

Because in coming to understand God and accept his will for our lives, there is a lot of anger issues to work through. There is a lot we are angry at God for. I was angry at God for my existence for a while. I mean, I never asked to exist. I was forced into it.

Quote:Look Egor, you don't know what goes on in my head. You can't read my mind. The only way you can tell is (a) how I act and (b) what I myself tell you. It seems that somehow you have managed to convince yourself that how I act is as someone hiding my belief in God - well, you've only got my word for it, but I assure you that is not the case.

I think you play the devil’s advocate. I don’t think you’re a Christian and I don’t think you believe in God the same way I do.

(07-04-2012 05:50 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Come on Egor you are just trolling for the sake of trolling now.

No I’m not. I’m not saying all atheists pray to God. But I think a lot do. I think they maintain a kind of atheism as a way of trying to build up some type of certainty.

Quote:If you truly think that atheists pray to something they don't believe exists or are rebelling against it for the sake of rebelling. Then either you are far more deluded than we thought or this is a deliberate attempt to wind up other members.

Because there is no way anyone could truly believe what you said in your OP.

There are four types of people who will never believe in God. I write about them in the current book I’m working on (so excuse me if I don’t discuss it in depth here), and I see all these types in here, but then I see others who don’t match up. I think they are seekers. That’s my opinion, and from now on I want a dime for everytime someone calls me deluded so I can fund my new religion.

(08-04-2012 07:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  He is trying to design a religion that people who are tired of the same old religion could believe. He keeps asking silly questions to get fodder for it. He keeps dropping links to his site and has a lot of TTA peeps going there.

He makes sure we all know he has a book written. If he keeps the controversy going people will buy it because they are curious or want to debate it. Then he will get a lot of buzz, and buzz is what the internet is all about. Heck, he is already getting plenty buzz.

I wish.

Quote:When you start a website, this site is usually nothing in google. No google, no presence on the web. His site is getting enough links and visits to have been put on the map by google in a short time. All you need to start a decent business online is buzz, lots of mention on other sites and conversation. Google has gotten quite smart and has no trouble allocating chatter to the proper links. He smartly drops the link only occasionally, too often and google smells a rat and discounts them.

If that’s true, then God is in control of that, because I didn’t know it.

Quote:You can't start a new religion with any chance of success without the web these days. Knocking on doors will get him nowhere. So he is doing exactly the one thing that can do the job - create controversy and buzz online.

Interesting.

Quote:Egor is anything but stupid, he understands how the internet works (and, he is not a bad web designer either).

Thank you. Of course, there are things I cannot say, because that would break the spell so to speak. But thank you for your observations.

Quote:Religious forums won't have him, TTA is about the only forum that will allow him to use it. One forum is enough to get his site off the ground, and it has already done so ( I checked his google rankings and he's gaining constantly).

Wow. I should check them some time. But don’t begrudge me. If I become the theist couterpart to Richard Dawkins, and just as famous, I will still always post in here, because this is my home forum now. There are some atheists in here I even respect and consider close to me. I would hate to be banned from here.

Quote:I happen to do this professionally myself, so I know what I am looking at. He is neither stupid nor a troll, he is a smart internet marketer. The more people talk about his new religion online, the more people will talk about it. The more he gets talked about, the more keywords he will have rank well in google. TTA is putting his religion on the map. Of course TTA benefits too, he increases the volume of talk here and that counts for TTA in google.

TTA would rise anyway because of the way it is run and the balance it strikes between freedom of speech and spam control. But I intend to be famous. I don’t know if I will be, but I have set my course on it, because that’s what’s required in publishing—and what I’m publishing is of the upmost importance. As long as TTA allows me to post, I will always consider it my home forum. I even link to it on my site.

Quote:Hat off to Egor, maybe I should hire him. He does quite well. One tip for you though, Egor: Try Twitter. Google values Twitter quite a bit, a lot more than it values TTA. And with a little practice you will get a ton of buzz going over there. The impact is a lot stronger. A lot more people will end up getting involved in debating you over there, both religious and atheist.

Thank you, I will look into that, and get it rolling, probably a bit later in the year as I am currently working on a very important book (IMHO), and I don’t really want to start blasting away until that book is available later this year.

Quote:So, no, I don't think Egor is stupid or a troll. More like a spammer, but a smart one, staying well within google's parameters of acceptability.
And apparently within the parameters of acceptability of TTA also.

Honestly, Dom, it’s because I’m the real deal. I mean it. I talk to God. God talks to me and leads me. I don’t do my own will; I do His will. I died a long time ago. What lives now, lives in Christ and I do my Father’s will. I don’t know anything about creating buzz. I just do what I do based on my personality and my faith in God and my desire to do His will.

Stevil, I never thought The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ would be a big seller, or even a little seller. I was told to write it and publish it and I did. The next 40 books I write are a different story. I get the impression it’s just important now that that Gospel exists. And now it does.

(08-04-2012 03:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't know a church like that, but then I know next to nothing about churches. All I know is that if I wanted to start a new cult I would begin online. No place like the internet for drawing attention to oneself if one wants to do that.

I hope you’re right. I think the strangest irony is and will be the connection Veridicanism has with atheism. But I’m not using TTA for anything but discussion and improving my knowledge of both atheism and God. And this place has kind of become my peer group.

(08-04-2012 03:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 03:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Egor is an entrepreneur. ... Doesn't mean I'm gonna send venture capital his way. Religion is a dying business. A new startup ain't likely to change that. Wink

Ahh, I bet there's still plenty of fish in the sea for him... he has no actual church building to support, once he gets people to send money for the cause to his site he will be doing ok.

And if there is one thing the world needs now it is Veridicanism. It really does.

(08-04-2012 07:59 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Perhaps you should give us the benefit of the doubt when we say that we really, truly don't believe that any God exists.

If that were true, Starcrash, you wouldn’t be in this forum. Religion means more to you than it does to almost any religious person I know here at work (which is where I am right now) and I am surrounded by the religious here at work.

Quote:You know how you personally feel about the gods of Greek and Roman mythology? Do you secretly suspect they might be real? No?

Yes. I know they’re real, because they are revelations of the real God. They may be lacking in some respects, but in other respects they are probably spot on, especially if considered symbolically. However, today, the greatest revelation of God is Jesus Christ. His life and teachings can save us.

Quote:That's how we feel about your God... we think that Christians invented their god for the same exact reasons that the Greeks and Romans felt that they needed to invent some gods.

Of course they did. But you do realize the Christian God is not a true representation of God; it’s not even the God Jesus describes as “The Father.” Hence, why I stress that a Veridican follows Jesus Christ as he is described in The Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2012, 12:19 AM
(08-04-2012 11:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-04-2012 07:59 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  Perhaps you should give us the benefit of the doubt when we say that we really, truly don't believe that any God exists.

If that were true, Starcrash, you wouldn’t be in this forum. Religion means more to you than it does to almost any religious person I know here at work (which is where I am right now) and I am surrounded by the religious here at work.
Imagine everyday the people around you thought a magic stick would give you magic powers so they poke you with it all the time, at every moment, everywhere you go. They base what you can and cannot do by poking you with that stick. The stick hurts you and shapes your life in ways you don't want it to and you know that what is said about the stick from those that believe isn't true. So you realize others feel the same way and you want to go there to talk about this in ways that you'll feel understood. That is why people come to this forum, because they want to share an experience that affects them in ways out of their control, and it's a way to gain that sense of control back and to connect in ways they cannot in any other area of their life.

Seriously. Grow some more frontal lobe and stop spewing shit, like redefining the very definition of the word atheist.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-04-2012, 02:21 AM

Oh yes, I forgot: the poor tormented atheist. As if they haven't grown up in this society. As if they haven't enjoyed Christmas and Easter. As if they didn't at one time believe. You want to be both victim and victor at the same time.

I'll bet no one has been as abused by the religious as I have. But due to my decreased frontal lobe mass, as you'd have it, I didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Those people who abused me did not have God on their side. I did. Still do. When they hurt me; they hurt God, and none have escaped their punishment from God.

Atheists, on the other hand, have let these same creepy, sick, demented fucks take God away from them. They weren't strong enough. But that's going to change. Because of what I'm going to do, many atheists will be reunited with their Creator, temporarily in this life and forever in their life to come. Atheism will eat Christianity, and then Veridicanism will eat atheism. That's how it's going to work.
Quote this message in a reply