I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
10-04-2012, 07:58 AM
RE: I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God
(10-04-2012 12:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't know. God hasn't told me that. I get the feeling it won't be in my lifetime. I get the feeling that until I die, I will actually stand in the way of the spread of the ideal of Veridicanism. Nevertheless, that is in God's hands. But there is a tipping point. It is out there waiting. It's not something Richard Dawkins is going to publish. It's not something that an atheist rally in Washington D.C. is going to accomplish. It is something that has always been there--it has always been known, but it has been hidden.

I don't know how old you are, but the Shroud of Turin, when I was a kid was amazing. It was like the stuff Erich Von Daniken wrote about in "Chariots of the Gods." It was like magic. But then they carbon dated it. Three different universities proved it came from like the 14th Century. Now, people today still believe it, but the damage is done. That's what the tipping point will be like for Christianity. There is something out there that will be discovered. And I believe it will be discovered by the next Pope in the Catholic Church. It will be by his hand. That is when you will have your greatest victory. That is when the canine teeth of atheism will pierce the jugular of Christianity. And for a time you will have the sun, but people will look for Christ again. And I will show them Him for real, and they will call it the second coming--and then all hell will break loose.

I hope I am alive to see it. Or at least, I hope I can give my life in service to it.

That's all I got on this subject. Undecided

I had a vision that Gwyneth gets old and crazy and asks for my head - and of course I give it to her - and steers the course of Gwynnite into great and delicious evil doings, revealing the madness of religion like a light into the darkest corner of the least sheeperson's mind... or something like that. Big Grin

You read like the kind of prophet I was a couple of years ago. What I know that you still do not is that there ain't no prophets without prophetic times. You allude to it - people will look for Christ - but you stress too much your own importance. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-04-2012, 09:51 AM
(09-04-2012 02:21 AM)Egor Wrote:  Oh yes, I forgot: the poor tormented atheist. As if they haven't grown up in this society. As if they haven't enjoyed Christmas and Easter. As if they didn't at one time believe. You want to be both victim and victor at the same time.

I'll bet no one has been as abused by the religious as I have. But due to my decreased frontal lobe mass, as you'd have it, I didn't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Those people who abused me did not have God on their side. I did. Still do. When they hurt me; they hurt God, and none have escaped their punishment from God.

Atheists, on the other hand, have let these same creepy, sick, demented fucks take God away from them. They weren't strong enough. But that's going to change. Because of what I'm going to do, many atheists will be reunited with their Creator, temporarily in this life and forever in their life to come. Atheism will eat Christianity, and then Veridicanism will eat atheism. That's how it's going to work.
First of all, get the fuck down from your high horse buddy.

Secondly, you have made FSM knows how many blind assumptions here. Something that doesn't surprise me in the least bit though seeing as you make the biggest assumption of all... that an invisible cloud geezer exists.

Fuck you and the condescending tone you take when calling us "poor tormented Atheists". There are literally hundreds and hundreds of Atheists in hiding in fear of being disowned by their family whether it be by their parents or spouses/children. Some of us have dealt with these very real situations. I was religious even through marriage and birth of my son only to realize that I could no longer believe later on. This almost caused my marriage to fail. Why? Because my wife is religious. THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT RELIGION DOES TO PEOPLE. I would NEVER divorce her for such silly reasons. It is this very explanation that made her use her reason. Some free-thinkers unfortunately aren't/weren't as lucky as me in this aspect.

So yes, poor fucking tormented Atheists. My story is very tame compared to the lot that I have heard. People die for not believing just so you know. It's not as easy as walking away like YOU could from a church to avoid abuse.

Lastly, your claims and arguments are very played out. Don't fucking claim that a lot of us secretly believe in God just because your closed mind cannot grasp the concept of IT JUST IS. Do you have to attach a secret purpose/meaning to everything in this world? I just stepped in a pile of dog shit, there must be some deeper meaning to that. I have gas right now, I guess I should fart promptly to fulfill my destiny.

Something very possibly came from nothing and nothing really isn't nothing at all. No God, no message, no secret meaning... just truth that is yet to be understood. The gaps are quickly closing on your God. GET OVER IT.

And here's something ironic... you claim that a lot of Atheists secretly believe in God, yet it is you religious who knock science yet reap all the benefits that science has given you. You have physicists to thank for the Internet. Yup, the same one you use to communicate with us closet praying Atheists. That must mean you secretly pray to the science Gods to deliver the iPhone 5 to you early.

And yes, I fucking said fuck Fuckteen times. Idiocy deserves no better than such words. Now fuck off.
By the way, I'm sick of the argument that Atheists try so hard to rebel against religion.

Stay the fuck out of my government, media (this covers television, radio, and print), and sports and I'll stay the fuck out of your face.

Thank God this, thank God that. Thank God that ONE person survived that horrible tragedy where thousands were killed. It's a miracle that my grandma's cancer receded even though the brave soldier who fought for my rights (at least was their intent) is still missing his limbs. THANK GOD I WON THE SUPERBOWL at the expense of crushing the opposing team's dreams.

Yea, nothing to "rebel" against here. Let's just go about our day skipping and hopping along.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like NoahsFarce's post
10-04-2012, 01:22 PM
(10-04-2012 12:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  I don't know. God hasn't told me that.
I presume your god talks to you like he used to talk to the people in the bible. He used to have some decent conversations back then.
Some of his favourites were Moses, Abraham and Job
Would you like to be like Moses, Abraham or Job?

God told Moses to kill the people of Canaan, the Amorites and the Midianites, (Moses exceeded expectations, and comanded his army to rape the little virgin girls)
Would you like to kill for god? Would you like to rape for god?

God told Abraham to kill his son.
Would you like to kill your son for god?

God had a bet with Satan, that if Job's life turns to shit, Job will still love and obey god.
God and Satan then killed Jobs family and gave Job disease.
Would you like god to kill your family and give you disease?

Egor, do you realise that god hasn't talked to anyone since the dramatic stories of the bible. That all people nowadays whom claim god talks to them actually have mental issues. Doctors have pills that will make the voices go away. I think you should consider treatment before you hurt yourself, or worse, hurt other people.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Stevil, the stories in the Bible are yours. I don't follow the Bible. God speaks to me the way He has all my life (or at least since I was 9), and nothing you say is going to change that.
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:I Think Atheists Actually Believe in God

I think the person who said this actually is a bit ignorant...and Im trying to be nice.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 02:24 PM
(10-04-2012 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  Stevil, the stories in the Bible are yours.
Hmmm, I didn't write the bible, you do know that, don't you?
Quote:I don't follow the Bible.
and yet, you believe in Jesus. I don't think this is just a coincidence. Jesus is the main hero character of the New Testament, second half of the bible.
Quote:God
speaks to me the way He has all my life (or at least since I was 9), and
nothing you say is going to change that.
No, I can't solve your problem with my words.
You work as a psychiatric nurse right? Will the doctors give you a quick check over? or at least at a discount?
It couldn't hurt could it?
10-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Here is my prayer...Please make it stop!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 02:58 PM by Stevil.)
http://www.angelfire.com/in/HisName/delusion.html
Quote:Megalomania is a psychopathological condition where a person has delusional fantasies of grandeur, usually of wealth, power or omnipotence. These delusions of grandeur are a form of arrogance where a person considers himself much better than he really is due to his desire to be superior.

This type of delusion, which is common in paranoia, comes from emotional and behavioral problems because the person thinks they are greater in importance, knowledge, identity and more influential and more powerful than they are in the real world.

They claim to have a great unrecognized talent or intelligence and of being a prominent person, or having a special relationship with them (even God!). Psychiatric intervention and medication is necessary in such cases, however, the person that has this problem with megalomania seldom, if ever, seeks outside help.

Paranoid schizophrenia is characterized by the presence of bizarre and prominent auditory hallucinations on a specific theme and
usually has the same theme as the delusions. They hear voices others can’t hear and think that their special powers could cure or inflict diseases, eliminate or cause poverty, bring world peace or world war, or cause miracles or disasters. They do everything they can to convince others of their falsely held beliefs and desperately want people to
believe them and quit criticizing and persecuting them. These false beliefs that a person holds despite evidence to the contrary (delusions) of a persecutory or grandiose nature may include themes of jealousy or religion.

This mental illness may lead to theomaniaan extreme form of megalomania. By definition, it’s the belief that one is God or especially chosen by God on a mission.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
11-04-2012, 02:45 PM

(10-04-2012 02:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  God
speaks to me the way He has all my life (or at least since I was 9), and
nothing you say is going to change that.
No, I can't solve your problem with my words.
You work as a psychiatric nurse right? Will the doctors give you a quick check over? or at least at a discount?

Actually, legitimate religious experience is excluded from any consideration of mental illness. Otherwise, every religious person would be considered psychotic (especially the Pentecostals). And if 95% of the world is considered psychotic, it tends to dilute the meaning, the efficaciousness if you will, of the diagnosis. There is a psychotic feature called hyper-religiosity, but it doesn't look anything like faith.

You think because you hear someone say that they talk to God and God talks to them that they are insane, but that would make the Gospel writers insane, Jesus insane, every prophet of the Old Testament insane, Moses insane, Joseph Smith insane, and everyone who's ever given a prophecy to someone in a Pentecostal church, they would all be insane as well. If you worked in the psychiatric field, you would know the difference between hyper-religiosity and faith. We hand out Bibles to patients who want them. A good indicator of a favorable prognosis is if the patient has a religious outlook on things--almost none of them do, by the way. And when we assess them, we document their religion and whether or not they go to church.

For instance, one woman who was detoxing from meth had a very sick week. Later, when she was better she came to the conclusion that God let her go through her life as it was becasue He had made her strong enough to handle it, survive it, and then go out and help others. I really hope that she did. That is a very mentally healthy attitude towards religion, as compared to someone shouting that demons are everywhere and that they have been specially sent to cast them out.

See, now you know something you didn't know before! Thumbsup

And as for the whole megalomania thing, I don't have any delusions that I am better than anyone else or special. I'm probably worse than most people. God has raised me to be a writer/publisher, so He used me for the VGJC. If I were an artist, or a builder, or a physicist, or whatever, He would have used me for that. Everyone has a purpose in Christ in this world. Everyone was created with talents to be used in the service of Christ so no one is more special than the next. Of course, all those who believe in Jesus Christ are better in the eyes of God than those who reject Jesus Christ; that's obvious. He made heaven for the former and hell for the latter. But I don't think I'm better than you. Hell, I don't even know you. I think you think you are less than me and you turn that around and acuse me of setting myself above you, but that's simply not the case. And by the way, it's that kind of low self-esteem that leads to the megalomania and narcissism you are labeling me with--so be careful and try to stay mentally healthy. Bechased
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2012, 02:55 PM
(11-04-2012 02:45 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 02:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No, I can't solve your problem with my words.

Actually, legitimate religious experience is excluded from any consideration of mental illness. Otherwise, every religious person would be considered psychotic (especially the Pentecostals). And if 95% of the world is considered psychotic, it tends to dilute the meaning, the efficaciousness if you will, of the diagnosis. There is a psychotic feature called hyper-religiosity, but it doesn't look anything like faith.

You think because you hear someone say that they talk to God and God talks to them that they are insane, but that would make the Gospel writers insane, Jesus insane, every prophet of the Old Testament insane, Moses insane, Joseph Smith insane, and everyone who's ever given a prophecy to someone in a Pentecostal church, they would all be insane as well. If you worked in the psychiatric field, you would know the difference between hyper-religiosity and faith. We hand out Bibles to patients who want them. A good indicator of a favorable prognosis is if the patient has a religious outlook on things--almost none of them do, by the way. And when we assess them, we document their religion and whether or not they go to church.

For instance, one woman who was detoxing from meth had a very sick week. Later, when she was better she came to the conclusion that God let her go through her life as it was becasue He had made her strong enough to handle it, survive it, and then go out and help others. I really hope that she did. That is a very mentally healthy attitude towards religion, as compared to someone shouting that demons are everywhere and that they have been specially sent to cast them out.

See, now you know something you didn't know before! Thumbsup
Nobody in the bible could have possibly been insane if they never existed in the first place.