I Think I Might Get Kicked Out of the Navy (Rant)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2013, 04:56 AM
RE: I Think I Might Get Kicked Out of the Navy (Rant)
Call the dental school at the closest university, or nearby university. They usually do stuff for a way LOT less, or ask 1-800-Dentist about oral surgeons in your area that do stuff for free for military people, or at least on a sliding fee schedule.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-11-2013, 06:24 AM
(20-11-2013 01:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It is a wisdom tooth, it's not exposed, but it is sideways. Nothing is moving, no issues with it at all. Without xrays I would have never known it even existed. At the consult they did say that the nerves were very close to the nerves that give me feeling in my lower jaw and lip. If anything it is probably more danger to extract than it is leave it alone. I don't think getting a second opinion from a Navy dentist is a possibility, but I may ask. As a reservist we generally only get seen by one once a year as there are none local. I have no idea why it is so expensive other than thinking maybe my insurance doesn't cover general anesthesia or something. I need to look into it. To be honest, I really don't want the surgery at all though. I suppose if I could have the anesthesia and it didn't cost so much I'd be willing to do it. Fuck...sometimes life just give you a shit sandwhich.

Sounds like that tooth's horizontally or disotangularly impacted. Those are the least common, and hardest to remove. But if the tooth isn't moving or causing you trouble, most dentists wouldn't worry you about it. However, if that tooth ever does start to move, and if it's horizontally impacted, it could cause you some serious pain; it'd basically be growing into the roots of the tooth next to it.

Is there any way you can see about a different dentist?
20-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Ah, you must be surface scum. Volunteer for sub duty. Ain't no fucking Dentist on a sub so volunteer for that and they'll dig those teeth out for free. At least that's what they did to Girly. 'Course SmoothhCriminal might not be happy that on a sub 150 men go under and 75 couples come up. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-11-2013, 07:22 AM
You were on a sub Girly?
Little crowded on those things isn't? Also makes trips to the store a little difficult I hear.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
20-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Girly on a sub? What were you, ballast? Tongue

In other news... DL, yer fucked, dude. Sorry. Hug

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
20-11-2013, 07:41 AM
(20-11-2013 07:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Volunteer for sub duty. Ain't no fucking Dentist on a sub so volunteer for that and they'll dig those teeth out for free. 'Course SmoothhCriminal might not be happy that on a sub 150 men go under and 75 couples come up. Big Grin

Sounds like some fun right there. Tongue
After you get 'em out, go "oh me oh my, I just discovered I'm claustrophobic, my shrink says I can't do that, but thanks anyway"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-11-2013, 03:23 PM
(20-11-2013 06:24 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 01:22 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  It is a wisdom tooth, it's not exposed, but it is sideways. Nothing is moving, no issues with it at all. Without xrays I would have never known it even existed. At the consult they did say that the nerves were very close to the nerves that give me feeling in my lower jaw and lip. If anything it is probably more danger to extract than it is leave it alone. I don't think getting a second opinion from a Navy dentist is a possibility, but I may ask. As a reservist we generally only get seen by one once a year as there are none local. I have no idea why it is so expensive other than thinking maybe my insurance doesn't cover general anesthesia or something. I need to look into it. To be honest, I really don't want the surgery at all though. I suppose if I could have the anesthesia and it didn't cost so much I'd be willing to do it. Fuck...sometimes life just give you a shit sandwhich.

Sounds like that tooth's horizontally or disotangularly impacted. Those are the least common, and hardest to remove. But if the tooth isn't moving or causing you trouble, most dentists wouldn't worry you about it. However, if that tooth ever does start to move, and if it's horizontally impacted, it could cause you some serious pain; it'd basically be growing into the roots of the tooth next to it.

Is there any way you can see about a different dentist?

It is horizontal, but the thing ain't going into the roots on the next tooth. The roots of my wisdom tooth is against my jaw, the the top part is near the tooth next to it, but not it's roots.

20-11-2013, 03:30 PM
(20-11-2013 07:02 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, you must be surface scum. Volunteer for sub duty. Ain't no fucking Dentist on a sub so volunteer for that and they'll dig those teeth out for free. At least that's what they did to Girly. 'Course SmoothhCriminal might not be happy that on a sub 150 men go under and 75 couples come up. Big Grin

I knew you were a bubblehead without even being told. You fucking bubblehead's a fucking...well, like you. Thumbsup

I was a squid for a few years, but over the last few years I've been a sand sailor. Army deployment to the biggest shithole, then a year with Navy Expeditionary Combat Command, and the past couple years my parent command is another command that trains all those real highspeed, low drag folks. SEALs, SWCC, Riverines, Divers, and all that shit.

I'd rather be humping gear with the Seasbee's and that than be a bubblehead. No thanks, you can have that legacy, Girly. Oh, and as of last year (maybe the year before) they started letting the otherwised sexed on subs Shocking Imagine that shit!

20-11-2013, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2013 07:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-11-2013 03:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I knew you were a bubblehead without even being told. You fucking bubblehead's a fucking...well, like you.

Yeah, bring it bitch. Drinking Beverage

[Image: bro.jpg]

Girly will kick the shit outta your scrawny ass. ... Just for kicks.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-11-2013, 07:34 PM
(20-11-2013 07:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-11-2013 03:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I knew you were a bubblehead without even being told. You fucking bubblehead's a fucking...well, like you.

Yeah, bring it bitch. Drinking Beverage

[Image: bro.jpg]

The black hose really makes that picture.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post