I Think I'd Like to Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 01:51 AM

I Think I'd Like to Change
I sure have been doing a lot of thinking since I read "The Shack." That review will be coming out by the way in a couple of weeks. I do a whole video thing as well as a write up; you'll see.

Nonetheless, that book has changed me. I am very sickened by religion these days. Seriously, when I think about it, I am almost physically nauseated by it. I'm not saying I don't believe in God, and I'm not saying I don't believe in Jesus Christ, but man those things can really be widely interpreted. My view of God for instance is not the same as KC's, and you've seen us fight tooth and nail over the idea of monism. My view of Jesus is not even Christian at all.

I want to be open and I want to be wider, and I want to stop pretending I know who's going to hell and who isn't when I'm not even sure what hell is (Jesus is not really clear on it, and he's the one who started the whole subject.).

And I want to stop being an asshole.

I joined a spirituality forum, and I think I'm going to enjoy it a great deal. When I do dream interpretation or when I'm in a new age group, I'm a whole different personality. I'm not combative at all. I kind of want that to be the way I am all the time. I'm beginning to see how weak it is to insult others, even if it's trading tit for tat.

So, I'd like to apologize to the people in here whom I've offended. I realize I can't always be in control of what someone takes as offense, but I can control a great deal of it.

I don't know, one day you look in the mirror and a 47-year-old man stares back at you and you realize that acting like an adolescent isn't cute--it's pathetic. Confused

I think I'd like to change.

Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like Egor's post
10-05-2012, 02:37 AM
RE: I Think I'd Like to Change
Egor: "And I want to stop being an asshole."
Everyone else: "Ok, maybe there is a god"
Enjoy your journey. :-)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
10-05-2012, 02:52 AM
Now, Filox DEMANDS that people here start changing rep points for Egor!!

Smile

I knew you would see the light sooner or later, glad it was sooner. Egor, if you were close I would hug you and buy you a beer. No gay.

Please, just be carefull about those spirituality and dream interpretation groups, they tend to over-exaggerate their views, so try to be a bit objective while you are there, since you have a tendency for more extreme views on religion, you wouldn't want to snap at new age and become one new New age loony. Just relax, live your life and let spirituality be something to ease your stress, not something that is guiding your whole life. That is where you have gone overboard with religions, you dedicated your whole life to religion and that made you look and talk like a fundamentalist, which is NEVER a good thing. Moderate is what you need, not extreme.

Good luck and please do not forget us.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
10-05-2012, 03:55 AM
I smell a trap..? Dodgy Consider

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-05-2012, 04:02 AM
There is always that possibility, but in this case I want to believe. Hope and faith.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
10-05-2012, 04:28 AM
I don't know what this means considering how brief the post is and how broad the implications are. Though you have already changed allot since the time you've been here.

Wish you well on your journey wherever it takes you.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
10-05-2012, 05:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 05:20 AM by houseofcantor.)
(10-05-2012 03:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I smell a trap..? Dodgy Consider
Yeah, I had this thingy pop up in my head...

[Image: tumblr_lpqmwcKn5P1qbw9spo1_500.jpg]

But I never thought E was a troll and the only probs I've had with him is him saying my Gwynnies should be scared of me. I'm not big on taking offense, but that kinda thing inspires some primeval evolutionary ragekill. Tongue

So I'll vote in the "seems legit" category. Good luck, E. Hope you find what yer looking for. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
10-05-2012, 07:15 AM
And I'd like to be a 5' 10" rich super model who drives a Porsche.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
10-05-2012, 07:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 07:25 AM by Anjele.)
I was thisclose to biting this proclamation about Egor wanting to change.

But only an hour or two before the post was the same ole Egor spouting the same ole hateful stuff on the BC thread asking what if you can't physically do what God wants..

Will hold out a while longer...seems to be some flip-flopping going on lately.

The jury is still out.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-05-2012, 07:21 AM
(10-05-2012 01:51 AM)Egor Wrote:  I sure have been doing a lot of thinking since I read "The Shack." That review will be coming out by the way in a couple of weeks. I do a whole video thing as well as a write up; you'll see.

Nonetheless, that book has changed me. I am very sickened by religion these days. Seriously, when I think about it, I am almost physically nauseated by it. I'm not saying I don't believe in God, and I'm not saying I don't believe in Jesus Christ, but man those things can really be widely interpreted. My view of God for instance is not the same as KC's, and you've seen us fight tooth and nail over the idea of monism. My view of Jesus is not even Christian at all.

I want to be open and I want to be wider, and I want to stop pretending I know who's going to hell and who isn't when I'm not even sure what hell is (Jesus is not really clear on it, and he's the one who started the whole subject.).

And I want to stop being an asshole.

I joined a spirituality forum, and I think I'm going to enjoy it a great deal. When I do dream interpretation or when I'm in a new age group, I'm a whole different personality. I'm not combative at all. I kind of want that to be the way I am all the time. I'm beginning to see how weak it is to insult others, even if it's trading tit for tat.

So, I'd like to apologize to the people in here whom I've offended. I realize I can't always be in control of what someone takes as offense, but I can control a great deal of it.

I don't know, one day you look in the mirror and a 47-year-old man stares back at you and you realize that acting like an adolescent isn't cute--it's pathetic. Confused

I think I'd like to change.

Glad to hear it. Compassion, humility, and respect are beautiful things regardless of whether you believe in god or not.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted