I Think I'd Like to Change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2012, 10:18 AM

RE: I Think I'd Like to Change
(10-05-2012 03:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I smell a trap..? Dodgy Consider

No trap. It's kind of like Iraq where you fight on and on until no one wins. I don't think the best way to get people to think about God and the immortality of their consciousness is to engage them in verbal sparring. I used to, but over the last six months I've come to see how pointless that is. It's like if you want to spread the Hinduistic acosmic monism, it's probably better to make a movie like The Matrix than to argue the philosophy with people who disagree.

Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
so you're just giving up?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Just let him work towards a change he's seeing in front of him. I understand people having questions about the sincerity, but you don't nee to voice them. How this turns out will be evident in his future actions. Just don't respond if you're simply voicing an expectance of failure. If he is trying to expand his own understanding and become someone he'll like more let him. We should not be here to stop people on their search for meaning and importance. Let him searh and give him suggestions of where to look. It's better to help people, then to hinder them to the point that you go against their own growth. Yes you can grow into the wrong ideas, but as long as you continue to grow that can always change yet again.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
10-05-2012, 10:35 AM
(10-05-2012 10:28 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Just let him work towards a change he's seeing in front of him. I understand people having questions about the sincerity, but you don't nee to voice them. How this turns out will be evident in his future actions. Just don't respond if you're simply voicing an expectance of failure. If he is trying to expand his own understanding and become someone he'll like more let him. We should not be here to stop people on their search for meaning and importance. Let him searh and give him suggestions of where to look. It's better to help people, then to hinder them to the point that you go against their own growth. Yes you can grow into the wrong ideas, but as long as you continue to grow that can always change yet again.
Wise words.
On the other hand...
If anyone posts a reply here that is too gushingly supportive, could the mods please check the IP addresses for similarities?
Thanks
Tongue

10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
(10-05-2012 10:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-05-2012 10:28 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Just let him work towards a change he's seeing in front of him. I understand people having questions about the sincerity, but you don't nee to voice them. How this turns out will be evident in his future actions. Just don't respond if you're simply voicing an expectance of failure. If he is trying to expand his own understanding and become someone he'll like more let him. We should not be here to stop people on their search for meaning and importance. Let him searh and give him suggestions of where to look. It's better to help people, then to hinder them to the point that you go against their own growth. Yes you can grow into the wrong ideas, but as long as you continue to grow that can always change yet again.
Wise words.
On the other hand...
If anyone posts a reply here that is too gushingly supportive, could the mods please check the IP addresses for similarities?
Thanks
Tongue
lol I've been accused of being an Egor sock puppet Tongue

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
uhhmm... I think my words might have been misinterpreted, I didn't asked if Egor is giving up in a sarcastic or ironic way, actually I have nothing against him as he never said anything offensive to me, I've read some things and I know he can be irritating but that's fine with me in a forum like this. But in any case I wouldn't like him to give up, I'd like him to change in a positive way, but not to just let things go because he thinks it's pointless, frustration isn't the best motivation to change

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM
(10-05-2012 10:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol I've been accused of being an Egor sock puppet Tongue
I think Kingsy and Egor are sock puppets... of John Cantor!! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
10-05-2012, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 10:40 AM by kingschosen.)
(10-05-2012 10:38 AM)nach_in Wrote:  uhhmm... I think my words might have been misinterpreted, I didn't asked if Egor is giving up in a sarcastic or ironic way, actually I have nothing against him as he never said anything offensive to me, I've read some things and I know he can be irritating but that's fine with me in a forum like this. But in any case I wouldn't like him to give up, I'd like him to change in a positive way, but not to just let things go because he thinks it's pointless, frustration isn't the best motivation to change
I don't think it's that. I think he's realizing (like I told him a long time ago) that you are a more effective communicator if you're not all WWEish on people all the time.

(10-05-2012 10:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(10-05-2012 10:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol I've been accused of being an Egor sock puppet Tongue
I think Kingsy and Egor are sock puppets... of John Cantor!! Big Grin
How did you find out?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-05-2012, 10:41 AM
(10-05-2012 10:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-05-2012 10:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Wise words.
On the other hand...
Thanks
Tongue
lol I've been accused of being an Egor sock puppet Tongue

Did I name names? I did not.
But now ..... Consider

10-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Godammit Egor! Don't matter what your threads are about, they always get so much attention! Lol

Good man. Always looking to better yourself is a stand up way to live.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post