I Think I've Lost Some Brain Cells.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2017, 04:04 PM
I Think I've Lost Some Brain Cells.
For the past two weeks it's been Home Improvement Last Man Standing, and Fox News on my mom's TV. I walk into the door and she's on facebooks singing the praises of Trump and something about a tick that makes you allergic to meat...

In her car Bill O' Riley talking about how the democrats are falling apart and something about Liberals and Health Care. Hannity screaming into the mic about how it's over and done with, and nothing can change that. With me looking out the window hoping we get home faster.

I need an intelligent conversation with someone before I go crazy. I'm surrounded by people who have no idea what they are talking about. And due to work I can't get on here all the time.

And don't get me started on car rides with my dad to work, he likes to preach to me on the way there. It's a good 20 minuet drive, but it feels like hours. By Chuck (Props if you watch Supernatural) it's awkward, he keeps saying everyday 'It's a beautiful day the lord has made' while trying to sing. Something also about 'The Lord has a plan'. I try so hard to get across to him it's 7 in the morning and I DON'T wanna talk about religion. But, he's easily offended.

And then there is when I get home after working and my mom and grandmother are laughing at how 'stupid' democrats are after reading something on facebook. Today it was how women bend over backwards to please representatives from Muslim background. Even though it's protocol as by their law you can be charged for not wearing a scarf. Huh

Sorry I tend to rant about this a lot, but I think my brain is about to run out of my ears. Blush

So after this two weeks of hell, anyone have some good news or can say something that can give me back a few of my brain cells? There is no telling how much I lost.

I sometimes think if these Republicans just turn on Fox News as a white noise and background noise that is just slowly brainwashing them as they do day to day life? Consider

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Ruby Crystal's post
26-06-2017, 04:09 PM
RE: I Think I've Lost Some Brain Cells.
Good news? I doubt that you will care but most probably medical marijuana will be legalized in Poland. On the surface it means nothing to foreigner but when one realize how conservative Poland is then this news bear some significance to people outside borders of country I live in.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
26-06-2017, 05:01 PM
(26-06-2017 04:04 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  In her car Bill O' Riley talking about how the democrats are falling apart and something about Liberals and Health Care. Hannity screaming into the mic about how it's over and done with, and nothing can change that. With me looking out the window hoping we get home faster.

Just remember that a lot of talk from Republicans, and especially from Trump, is just wishful thinking. You can't alter the facts no matter how often you repeat falsehoods.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
26-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Try to look at the bright side, Ruby. Once you lose another 50 IQ points, you can run for office as a Conservative. There's good money in that, I hear.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-06-2017, 05:05 PM
(26-06-2017 05:01 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 04:04 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  In her car Bill O' Riley talking about how the democrats are falling apart and something about Liberals and Health Care. Hannity screaming into the mic about how it's over and done with, and nothing can change that. With me looking out the window hoping we get home faster.

Just remember that a lot of talk from Republicans, and especially from Trump, is just wishful thinking. You can't alter the facts no matter how often you repeat falsehoods.
But falsehoods can alter perception of the events and made one interpret facts differently.

Also lie repeated often enough become truth (at least in minds of some listeners).

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-06-2017, 04:40 AM
(26-06-2017 04:09 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Good news? I doubt that you will care but most probably medical marijuana will be legalized in Poland. On the surface it means nothing to foreigner but when one realize how conservative Poland is then this news bear some significance to people outside borders of country I live in.

That works, at least they are trying to move forward. Smile

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
27-06-2017, 06:06 AM
(27-06-2017 04:40 AM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 04:09 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Good news? I doubt that you will care but most probably medical marijuana will be legalized in Poland. On the surface it means nothing to foreigner but when one realize how conservative Poland is then this news bear some significance to people outside borders of country I live in.

That works, at least they are trying to move forward. Smile

Still bill doesn't legalize growing weed in Poland so even if it will pass then people will be forced to get it from other countries which will bump costs of of using it.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-06-2017, 08:27 AM
Just keep looking forward to moving out one day where you can stay away.
27-06-2017, 09:27 AM
Do you have cable tv or a satellite provider?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-06-2017, 09:34 AM
I have some extras I put in the freezer, "just in case".
I might put them up on eBay.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.