I Think I've Lost Some Brain Cells.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 01:24 PM
RE: I Think I've Lost Some Brain Cells.
(26-06-2017 04:04 PM)Ruby Crystal Wrote:  For the past two weeks it's been Home Improvement Last Man Standing, and Fox News on my mom's TV. I walk into the door and she's on facebooks singing the praises of Trump and something about a tick that makes you allergic to meat...

In her car Bill O' Riley talking about how the democrats are falling apart and something about Liberals and Health Care. Hannity screaming into the mic about how it's over and done with, and nothing can change that. With me looking out the window hoping we get home faster.

I need an intelligent conversation with someone before I go crazy. I'm surrounded by people who have no idea what they are talking about. And due to work I can't get on here all the time.

And don't get me started on car rides with my dad to work, he likes to preach to me on the way there. It's a good 20 minuet drive, but it feels like hours. By Chuck (Props if you watch Supernatural) it's awkward, he keeps saying everyday 'It's a beautiful day the lord has made' while trying to sing. Something also about 'The Lord has a plan'. I try so hard to get across to him it's 7 in the morning and I DON'T wanna talk about religion. But, he's easily offended.

And then there is when I get home after working and my mom and grandmother are laughing at how 'stupid' democrats are after reading something on facebook. Today it was how women bend over backwards to please representatives from Muslim background. Even though it's protocol as by their law you can be charged for not wearing a scarf. Huh

Sorry I tend to rant about this a lot, but I think my brain is about to run out of my ears. Blush

So after this two weeks of hell, anyone have some good news or can say something that can give me back a few of my brain cells? There is no telling how much I lost.

I sometimes think if these Republicans just turn on Fox News as a white noise and background noise that is just slowly brainwashing them as they do day to day life? Consider

Wow, I don't believe in heaven, but it sounds like you may have found hell.
Or at least purgatory. Smile

My mom was fortunately of a more liberal bent. Still, I'd fly all the way across the country to visit, and the TV would be on from the time the first person got up in the morning, till the last one went to bed at night. Even if no one was watching it. Not having had a TV in my home for well over 20 years, it drove me nuts. How can you have a conversation with Gilligan and the Skipper jabbering in the background, much less Bill O'Riley?

That said, I listen to Limbaugh; Hannity, etc. semi regularly, because I want to know what these people are up to. I want them out in the open where I can see them and keep tabs on them, and not under rocks and hatching plots behind closed doors. I used to think Michael Savage was the worst, until I discovered Alex Jones. I had to draw a line there; I can't stomach him for more than 5-10 minutes, tops.

I don't know if I have any good news for you, but I might recommend something like this:

Bose QuietComfort 20 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

You could use them with an iPod, but I think the noise-cancelling feature alone might be mainly what you need. Big Grin

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post