I Think You All Are Ruining Me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2016, 04:06 PM
I Think You All Are Ruining Me
Despite the fact I should be using the Xbox One to do searches for everything that isn't atheism, so that when I use it while my parents are here, it doesn't pop up with Seth as a recommendation, I've got the Clergy Project channel playing as I clean. Dan Barker vs. Some Muslim Apologist. (I totally didn't realize until he said Madison, that FFRF was headquartered close to me.)

I found myself cheering on Barker as it played. It probably helped he seemed to know the Quran better than the guy he was debating...and that I found the Muslim apologist to be the more arrogant of the two.

And on that note, back to this cursed cleaning. What I consider "clean" is far different from my father's version, which amounts to, "DEAR GOD, SOMEONE MOVED MY BOOK BY TWO MILLIMETERS, THE ENTIRE ROOM IS NOW IN DISORDER". No matter how old one gets, parents are still parents. Smile And on that note, late lunch/early dinner break is over, I guess. Thanks TTA forums for restoring my cleaning-blasted sanity; it is now time to tackle scrubbing the bathtub!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
16-05-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: I Think You All Are Ruining Me
So you are in Wisconsin? My best friend lives there. I lived there in 4th and 5th grade. Pretty state.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-05-2016, 04:25 PM
I also like listening to debates.

☆☆☆
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
16-05-2016, 04:27 PM
(16-05-2016 04:06 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Despite the fact I should be using the Xbox One to do searches for everything that isn't atheism, so that when I use it while my parents are here, it doesn't pop up with Seth as a recommendation, I've got the Clergy Project channel playing as I clean. Dan Barker vs. Some Muslim Apologist. (I totally didn't realize until he said Madison, that FFRF was headquartered close to me.)

I found myself cheering on Barker as it played. It probably helped he seemed to know the Quran better than the guy he was debating...and that I found the Muslim apologist to be the more arrogant of the two.

And on that note, back to this cursed cleaning. What I consider "clean" is far different from my father's version, which amounts to, "DEAR GOD, SOMEONE MOVED MY BOOK BY TWO MILLIMETERS, THE ENTIRE ROOM IS NOW IN DISORDER". No matter how old one gets, parents are still parents. Smile And on that note, late lunch/early dinner break is over, I guess. Thanks TTA forums for restoring my cleaning-blasted sanity; it is now time to tackle scrubbing the bathtub!

I know how you feel.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-05-2016, 04:27 PM
I heard you can have consensual sex with cows up there.
Not that I would know.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-05-2016, 04:28 PM
(16-05-2016 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So you are in Wisconsin? My best friend lives there. I lived there in 4th and 5th grade. Pretty state.

My parents were from Wisconsin. My aunt and cousin still live there.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-05-2016, 05:40 PM
"Well I got the shit kicked out of me in Wisconsin once." -- Pvt Russell Ziskey

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
16-05-2016, 06:05 PM
All I remember of Wisconsin is that the legal drinking age was 19. We would drive up from Great Lakes Naval Station to get boozores and bring them back to Illinois, where the drinking age was 21. Good times. One could only get beer or wine, and only on base, if you were under 21. You civilians may wonder what the hell the US Navy was doing in Illinois. It's part of the pork barrel process, where the defense money gets spread all over the country. Sending sailors there for training supported the local economy by producing service personnel's bastards to populate the state. Laugh out load That's a joke, BTW. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
16-05-2016, 06:09 PM
(16-05-2016 04:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So you are in Wisconsin? My best friend lives there. I lived there in 4th and 5th grade. Pretty state.

I've got two used wives there.
[+] 2 users Like Born Again Pagan's post
16-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Wow, will try to hit everyone while on this break!

Anjele: Yup! I hope your friend doesn't live in the middle of nowhere part of the state...lucky here, I'm an hour's train ride from Chicago. And it is pretty; I take a walk down by the pier to look at Lake Michigan every Sunday morning.

CosmicRaven: Yess! They're so much fun. I've got Double Dare 2000 playing on YouTube now, and probably going to switch to Nostalgia Critic or Game Chasers. Got to put as much Xbox One YouTube searches between myself and the "A word" as possible...not Lindsay Ellis's abortion documentary, the A-word for here.

Momsurroundedbyboys: I imagine so. Sad Saw your post in the Rant thread about cleaning for unexpected houseguests...hope it goes well! I've known my parents are coming, but with Finals, Commencement, Final Grades and all the grading by hand, I spent about 70 hours in my office between last Monday and yesterday...so now it's a rush against the clock. But need these breaks for my sanity and my back.

Bucky Ball: Of course not...and I've heard similar from my students. If it helps, I'm originally from West Virginia, where the men are men, the sheep are afraid, and you want to make sure who is and isn't your cousin. (Only slightly jesting on the last bit. A friend went to work for Child Protective Services and her first week ended up having to make a family tree because of an incest case. In her words, "Omg the stereotypes are true!")

Pablo: Plenty of cheese, bratwurst, and beer at the family reunion?

BnW: Love Stripes.

Fireball: Somehow I'm unsurprised a Wisconsin story involves booze. This state sure does seem to like its drinking, and apparently out of staters like it for its drinking too. Never seem to have met anyone my first year here; tempted to crash the local atheist meetup.com group's pub trivia night, despite believing in God.

Born Again Pagan: Ouch...but from the look of the Christian Mingle results around here, sounds about right.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post