I Thought Her Period Was Fun!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 02:21 PM
RE: I Thought Her Period Was Fun!
(28-07-2013 10:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  British humor at it's best, truly. I have a friend from the UK and this type of droll humor is gold, The guy who wrote to the company, you realize, was pulling their leg. You guys know this, right?

Hmmm? I would never describe this kind of humor as "droll", if anything, I would say dry humor. When I think of "droll humor" I think of Jeff Foxworthy or something.

Yes, we do. We have all had interactions with females.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2013, 02:54 PM
This thread has me seeing red.

"That's not the proof I want."
"You'll have such proof as exists. You are the only one responsible for your own wants."
- Isaac Asimov, I, Robot
[+] 1 user Likes cbb2274's post
28-07-2013, 03:48 PM
One of the biggest myths about a woman's period is that they are involuntary - this is not the truth. A woman can choose whether or not she has a monthly period just by taking commonly-available medication. So...women have no right to complain about their periods - it's a choice they made.
28-07-2013, 05:01 PM
(28-07-2013 03:48 PM)Julius Wrote:  One of the biggest myths about a woman's period is that they are involuntary - this is not the truth. A woman can choose whether or not she has a monthly period just by taking commonly-available medication. So...women have no right to complain about their periods - it's a choice they made.

Not true.
Dumping hormones into a delicately balanced system is thought by many to be unhealthy. They also have side affects - hypertension, migraines, high cholesterol, bad lipid profiles, Diabetes, blood clots, bla bla bla.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-07-2013, 05:12 PM
(28-07-2013 03:48 PM)Julius Wrote:  One of the biggest myths about a woman's period is that they are involuntary - this is not the truth. A woman can choose whether or not she has a monthly period just by taking commonly-available medication. So...women have no right to complain about their periods - it's a choice they made.

That's a half-assed, ignorant opinion.

The menstrual cycle is the normal function. The use of hormones to modify it has side effects, some potentially long term and deadly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2013, 06:23 PM
(28-07-2013 10:35 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Wait.....periods aren't fun? D:

My illusion has been shattered. Weeping

ikr!
Took a bit of absorbing.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
28-07-2013, 09:31 PM
(28-07-2013 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  

That's a half-assed, ignorant opinion.

The menstrual cycle is the normal function. The use of hormones to modify it has side effects, some potentially long term and deadly.

Well...if they don't want to use hormones, then they can have the Uterus removed. And...if they don't do any of those - if they choose to have a period - then I don't want to hear them complain. Like I said, for a woman, having a menstrul cycle is a choice - it is an option that can be chosen, or not.
28-07-2013, 09:38 PM
(28-07-2013 09:31 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(28-07-2013 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's a half-assed, ignorant opinion.

Well...if they don't want to use hormones, then they can have the Uterus removed. And...if they don't do any of those - if they choose to have a period - then I don't want to hear them complain. Like I said, for a woman, having a menstrul cycle is a choice - it is an option that can be chosen, or not.

Do you know how much an elective vaginal or abdominal hysterectomy costs ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
28-07-2013, 09:50 PM
(28-07-2013 09:31 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(28-07-2013 05:12 PM)Chas Wrote:  That's a half-assed, ignorant opinion.

Hi the last time I checked taking Reclipsine (birth control)for polycystic ovarian syndrome due to hydrocephalus wasn't much of a choice. And being a blind college student still in debt from several brain surgeries, and at risk of seizure I am not a very good candidate to have anymore surgeries, so unless the lining of your non-existent uterus peels away once a month shut your fucking mouth about "choices". It makes you sound like Todd Akin.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
28-07-2013, 09:58 PM
(28-07-2013 09:38 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(28-07-2013 09:31 PM)Julius Wrote:  Well...if they don't want to use hormones, then they can have the Uterus removed. And...if they don't do any of those - if they choose to have a period - then I don't want to hear them complain. Like I said, for a woman, having a menstrul cycle is a choice - it is an option that can be chosen, or not.

Do you know how much an elective vaginal or abdominal hysterectomy costs ?

Wait just a cotton pickin' minute here! How many of you guys have actually had periods?

I thought not.

If, on some outside chance you ever do, then get back to us women and tell us alllllll about it. In the mean time.......like, don't be givin' out advice on vaginal stuff.

Bunch of nitwits around here. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”