I'VE HAD IT!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 12:37 AM
RE: I'VE HAD IT!!
Hey, what area of PA are you living in? Some of the rural sections of western PA are full of those kinds of shitkickers.

Maybe you should handle them like Robert Stack in Airplane!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
30-06-2012, 01:29 AM
You have no idea how relieved I am that this was just a rant about religion. I was concerned when I read the title that maybe you had contracted some horrible disease. Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
30-06-2012, 02:35 AM (This post was last modified: 30-06-2012 02:58 AM by fstratzero.)
(29-06-2012 11:24 PM)Jodienda76 Wrote:  
(29-06-2012 11:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It won't be taken down or get you banned, but that's no way to live. Wink

Well I've had one of the most frustrating weeks ever. My best friend got fired from his job for admitting that he is gay. And YES it's legal to fire someone for being gay in the state of PA. Which is part of the "Land of the free, home of the brave." His parents justify it. Because they are religious cunts. Then on a separate occassion, another friend of mine and I get into it with their parents and brother about god, gay marriage, and how and why the bible is "true".... How I just want to rebel and deep down inside I know I'm wrong but I wont accept it because it's more "convenient" for me to continue to sin. And how marriage is ONLY and SOLELY for pro-creation. I swear everytime those motherfuckers would say; "because the bible says so" My blood would boil until I exploded on their holy asses. I'm so dissappointed and depressed by this. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me lately. I even had a nervous breakdown. I'm letting these assholes get to me. My stress level in in high gear and I've been doing nothing but snapping at people. Especially THESE people. It dosen't help that "aunt dot" is paying me her monthly visit either. Sadcryface
I'm glad us forum members are here for you.

You should try join up with us on skype, that way you can share your troubles with us. Believe me it helps.

Or you could try getting a meetup.com/facebook group going for your area and meet up with other atheists to talk about things like this. That way you know we all go through things like this, and it can be insanely frustrating.

As atheists we need one another. We're here now for each other. Isolation is bad...
(and this works better than prayer hahaha)

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-06-2012, 03:53 AM
And apart from getting in touch with us online, what about considering to move away from that place? There must be places in the US where you would feel better (and cannot get sacked for being gay)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2012, 04:02 AM
A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad
patient, nor does he take it ill to be railed at by a man in fever.
Just so should a wise man treat all mankind, as a physician does his
patient, and look upon them only as sick and extravagant.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A good quote, and a good way to look at people who endorse delusions.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
30-06-2012, 04:08 AM
(29-06-2012 11:24 PM)Jodienda76 Wrote:  Well I've had one of the most frustrating weeks ever. My best friend got fired from his job for admitting that he is gay. And YES it's legal to fire someone for being gay in the state of PA. Which is part of the "Land of the free, home of the brave."
I don't think so; federal law trumps state law and this is a violation of federal law.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-06-2012, 04:15 AM
Move to the UK........ there are religious people here but they generally keep themselves to themselves (there outnumbered lol) and 9.9 times out of 10 you can get away with telling them to fuck off.

On a serious note unfortuantley there is not a lot you can do about the surroundings you are in....... the only real control you have is over yourself and your actions. Sure things are getting in the way with life at the moment...... big things...... but at the end of the day you can either keep letting anger consume you until either it or you burn out..... or you can reflect on another stressfull part of your life that is now over and how you have gotten over it and moved on...... which is what is happening right now to you.

DONT burn the church down......... release a couple of small boxfulls of crickets in there....... but not fire Tongue

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
30-06-2012, 07:04 AM
(29-06-2012 10:44 PM)Jodienda76 Wrote:  I have tried with every inch of my nerve to be respectful to these motherfucking assholes but I'm getting to the point where I can't express myself in a respecful manner to these religious cunts. I fucking hate them with a passion! This week alone I have dealt with these christian fundamentalist who expect me to get on my knees and suck on god's cock! You know what? FUCK YOU CHRISTIANS AND FUCK YOUR DESPICABLE IMAGINARY, BASTARD, SELF RIGHTEOUS, HATEFUL, MOTHERFUCKER YOU CALL "LOVING GOD"!!!!! If I soooo could get away with it I would burn that fucking church down!!

And I thought I was having a bad week with these people Smile I live in Boston, those people are everywhere but you'll find plenty of heathens to associate with.

SORRY PEOPLE...This will probably be taken down or closed, or get me banned...But I have no one to vent to. I feel like a piece of shit, pathetic, lonely atheist!!!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
30-06-2012, 09:39 AM
(30-06-2012 03:53 AM)Leela Wrote:  And apart from getting in touch with us online, what about considering to move away from that place? There must be places in the US where you would feel better (and cannot get sacked for being gay)

I agree. Get away from the people that are causing this shit storm drama around you. If it was happening to me, I wouldn't torture myself anymore... and moving to someplace more receptive could be a great adventure itself. Smile

There are always pockets of liberal folk in every state and if you keep your ears open, I'm sure you'd hear of a more accepting community in PA. Or you might just chuck it all and find another state more to your liking. Many states now recognize gay marriage; I know Iowa does -oddly, they were one of the first to do so. Do some research and put out some feelers for more open communities.

Relief is out there somewhere, but you may have to do some digging to find it. "Normal" folk often keep a low profile. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-06-2012, 10:13 AM
(30-06-2012 09:39 AM)kim Wrote:  Relief is out there somewhere, but you may have to do some digging to find it. "Normal" folk often keep a low profile. Wink

I know I do. Smile I'm lucky to have some friends who are religiously apathetic. We have the occasional discussion about how dumb the whole 'my imaginary friend in the sky is better than your imaginary friend in the sky' debate is.

That said, I'm very sorry to read your friend got sacked because of his orientation - that's 1000% not cool. And illegal, I think, as Jodlenda wrote. I have my days where I'd like to burn people and/or churches down because of their behaviour too. You're definitely not alone in that. Smile

fstratzero Wrote:A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad
patient, nor does he take it ill to be railed at by a man in fever.
Just so should a wise man treat all mankind, as a physician does his
patient, and look upon them only as sick and extravagant.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A good quote, and a good way to look at people who endorse delusions.

Very very good quote. Thanks for that. I should take out my Marcus Aurelius book again. Stoicism is hard, especially when you're up against such raging moronity. D:<

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss