I'VE HAD IT!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-06-2012, 10:15 AM
RE: I'VE HAD IT!!
(30-06-2012 10:13 AM)calmblueocean Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 09:39 AM)kim Wrote:  Relief is out there somewhere, but you may have to do some digging to find it. "Normal" folk often keep a low profile. Wink

I know I do. Smile I'm lucky to have some friends who are religiously apathetic. We have the occasional discussion about how dumb the whole 'my imaginary friend in the sky is better than your imaginary friend in the sky' debate is.

That said, I'm very sorry to read your friend got sacked because of his orientation - that's 1000% not cool. And illegal, I think, as Jodlenda wrote. I have my days where I'd like to burn people and/or churches down because of their behaviour too. You're definitely not alone in that. Smile

fstratzero Wrote:A physician is not angry at the intemperance of a mad
patient, nor does he take it ill to be railed at by a man in fever.
Just so should a wise man treat all mankind, as a physician does his
patient, and look upon them only as sick and extravagant.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A good quote, and a good way to look at people who endorse delusions.

Very very good quote. Thanks for that. I should take out my Marcus Aurelius book again. Stoicism is hard, especially when you're up against such raging moronity. D:<

calmblueocean Wrote:That said, I'm very sorry to read your friend got sacked because of his orientation - that's 1000% not cool. And illegal, I think, as Jodlenda wrote.
Whoops, Jodienda was the OP. Blush I blame my math. Math makes my brain stupid!

"The amazing thing is that every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. ... So, forget Jesus. The stars died so that you could be here today." -- Lawrence Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmblueocean's post
30-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Lol, that's about the way I felt when I set out to find a place where like minded folks hang out, and I found TTA.

I was about to explode.

It really isn't worth it though. These people won't change and trying to debate them is useless. It's an exercise in futility and all it ever does is frustrate everyone.

If you are really lucky you can plant a seed of doubt in their minds, but you will never see the results and still live with your frustration.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-06-2012, 02:08 PM
[Image: 22764812.jpg]
30-06-2012, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 10:25 AM by Hughsie.)
Jodienda, you know us better than that.

Like we'd ban you or even close a thread over something as trivial as arson. Especially a church, I torch about three a week anyway Angel!

PS. Anyone wanna bet how long it'll take for those last two sentences to get copied and pasted all over the internet by theists trying to use them as evidence that all atheists are evil Big Grin?!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
30-06-2012, 09:18 PM
(30-06-2012 07:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  PS. Anyone wanna bet how long it'll take for those last two sentences to get copied and pasted all over the internet by theists trying to use them as evidence that all atheists are evil Big Grin?!

Well at least we didn't mention the baby eating and the Satan worship. Evil_monster

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
01-07-2012, 06:38 AM
Motion to tear down and destroy all churches, temples etc. in the world except the Sistine chapel (because painting that thing was an engineering miracle for the time).
All in favor click Like or say Aye!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
01-07-2012, 07:20 AM
What you need to ask yourself here is: will the sight of charred bodies summon an empathetic response? If the answer is no, then get on with your bad self. Only - get video. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
(01-07-2012 07:20 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  What you need to ask yourself here is: will the sight of charred bodies summon an empathetic response? If the answer is no, then get on with your bad self. Only - get video. Wink
True cos they are going to burn in hell anyway cos they are following the wrong religion.

01-07-2012, 11:42 AM
(30-06-2012 07:34 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Jodienda, you know us better than that.

Like we'd ban you or even close a thread over something as trivial as arson. Especially a church, I torch about three a week anyway Angel!

She should move to Philly. ... Then she'll just have to worry about the police instead of the fundies. Should be okay as long as she stays away from Osage Avenue. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
02-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Why do I find these nice women only on Internet? If only I could find a women that wants to burn down churches, beat up Christians and fight with someone's parents over religion and Bible... I'd marry her right away.

Big Grin

BTW, if were to ban people for a bit of hate speech, some fuck, cunt and ass words and torches with churches, none of us would be here.

Hey, may I bring my pitchfork? It's really nice pitchfork, looks great in a Christian...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post