I Was Wrong--I'm Back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: I Was Wrong--I'm Back.
(01-03-2013 06:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Just for the record, he was gone for five days. Five days. Hell, I've stopped wanking for longer periods than that... Well, this is basically Ego's way of masturbating, so...
Chillingly accurate assessment, Phaed. Blink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
(01-03-2013 06:35 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Hell, I've stopped wanking for longer periods than that...

Isn't that more appropriate to the "embarrassing moments" thread? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
He's out, he's in.
Brother Ed of the Church of the Green ("Ver"-i-dick-ian), Dick thinks TTA is a vagina.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
01-03-2013, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 09:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
Of course you are. Fuckin' pussy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-03-2013, 09:27 PM
(01-03-2013 09:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fuckin' pussy.
What I like most about you Girly is your subtelty Laughat

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
01-03-2013, 09:47 PM

(01-03-2013 04:07 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Awwww Egor, we missed you! I thought things were going to get boring around here.

I could never let that happen. No

But I still might get banned. My rhetoric is probably only going to get more fundamentalistic, and I'm not sure anymore that there's a difference between the disease of atheism and the atheists themselves.

In other words, if I were to love my neighbor as myself, by doing unto my neighbor as I would have done to me, and I suddenly turned into an atheist--I'd want to be sprayed like a bug.

And those aren't just pretty words.

(01-03-2013 04:15 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  That didn't take long.

Now, when you say "I was wrong", just how much of your stuff was wrong? I submit that all of it was wrong - is that what you came back to hear?

No--just go put on a pot of coffee, for the love of God. This might take all night. Cool
Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM

(01-03-2013 04:34 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Egor, did you come back because I blew your cover in AForums?

I never tried to cover anything up, did I? I figured with enough time elapsed, they'd let me back in. But I got a couple of e-mails from Adryan Hater saying he would never let me back in. But that makes no sense. I know now, as a forum owner myself, you want your membership juiced. You want them having compelling conversations and even arguments. We come on line to communicate in ways we can't in our 3D lives.

But I was thinking about how it may have been better if I didn't get so combative all the time. In other words, why bail out of a forum or leave or get myself banned? What does that prove? Nothing. Obviously, I'm right. That's not the question, is it? But if I'm not in there communicating, what difference does it make?

Why leave this forum. It's a good forum. It has a lot of traffic and this is where the battle is. My own forum will eventually take all of my time, but I should still make time for other forums. It's just the way the web-world works, isn't it?
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2013 10:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-03-2013 09:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  But I still might get banned.
Doubt it.

(01-03-2013 09:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  My rhetoric is probably only going to get more fundamentalistic, and I'm not sure anymore that there's a difference between the disease of atheism and the atheists themselves.
Believing in some bullshit untenable promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is the disease, dude.

(01-03-2013 09:47 PM)Egor Wrote:  In other words, if I were to love my neighbor as myself, by doing unto my neighbor as I would have done to me, and I suddenly turned into an atheist--I'd want to be sprayed like a bug.

The fuck?!? Why? ... Something don't feel quite right in your head to me, brother.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Dodgy Wow, he came back after a few days....I'm SO suprised...what a shocker Dodgy
01-03-2013, 10:15 PM

(01-03-2013 05:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're back? Have you no shame, sir? [Image: smileyvault-wtf.gif]

I'm not sure what the color of your name means, but I suppose you're a moderator of some sort, you can ban me, if that's what you need to do. I don't see why you would, though.

Unless, like the ghost towns out there, you want this forum to be a hangout for atheists only. If that's the direction this forum is taking, then I would have you look at Raving Atheist and Friendly Atheist forums. They either ban theists or drive them out and I noticed they have become Ghost Towns.

Besides, now that I have a church, I can't be as...ugly...as I used to be. The only problem with that is what I say then becomes all the more potent. Yes

(01-03-2013 05:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I wouldn't vote for a ban, yet it'd be nice if you weren't such a douchebag to the neophytes just looking for advice. But then again, it'd be nice if Gwyneth knocked on my door... Drooling

But you're going to say that about everything I say unless I kowtow to you atheists. Unless I compromise my beliefs for the sake of everyone getting along, I'm going to be considered a douchebag by you. There is no way to win.

If some idiot comes in here and says I'm...thirteen, and I just told my mom with cancer that I'm an atheist. Now none of my family wants anything to do with me and my sister keeps leaving religious tracks on my nightstand. Yeah, I'm going to call out that kind of crap.

Where was I...some writers group, I think. And I was making some point, and some girl kept going on about how I was triggering her mental illness but she couldn't help reading my posts. Then she posts this photo, presumably of her arms, with bleeding razor blade cuts all over them.

I can't do anything about other peoples reactions to me when those reactions are ridiculous. I am a theist. I am a Veridican. I think atheism is probably the greatest sin a human being can commit. If you don't want me in here, ban me. But don't expect me to change. Unless, of course, you can change me through the strength of your argument.

(01-03-2013 05:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sure glad I was sitting down when I saw this.

I shall now try to deal with the shock of it all.

The un-Reverend is back...oh, joy.

I'm NOT a Reverend. I was wrong to take on that title. I didn't know it was wrong at the time, but it is specifically forbidden in the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. I've removed all references to myself with that title. I am Brother Edward Jerome Gordon. Or Brother Edward. All Veridicans are by default either brother or sister. My position is that of Senior Chaplain, but "Chaplain" is not a title, it is a job position within the church.

I don't care how much you take the piss out of me for being wrong. It is a miracle, that I found out I was wrong before any damage was done, and by damage I mean publishing a book, or launching out into other forums or on my facebook.

So here is the signature block for official communications:

Br. Edward J. Gordon
Senior Chaplain
First Veridican Church

Also, I was never comfortable having an ordination through another church. I never liked that. As for marrying and burrying people in the Parish where I live, I'll cross that bridge when and if I ever come to it.

Obviously, you didn't ask for this info. I'm just using your post to state this publicly.