I Was Wrong--I'm Back.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2013, 02:13 PM

RE: I Was Wrong--I'm Back.
(02-03-2013 06:59 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Serious question now. In your career working in mental health. If you had a patient who heard voices for years that told them to do stuff and they did everything the voices said. What would that be a sign of?

We would call that a command hallucination, a symptom of psychosis. But you don't know what you're talking about, trust me.

(02-03-2013 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So you are stuck here with "the lowest form of humanity" which makes you better, how?

Someone trying to do a good deed.

(02-03-2013 09:32 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Also, my post did not claim you would be revising it, only that it may be revised in future.

But you were talking about the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. That's never going to be revised. The tenets, 1. God is monistic in nature, 2. The human purpose is to be Christ (Christ being God conscious of Himself from within His creation). Those will never change, and if I said they would, I was wrong--still growing and trying to figure things out. The tenets won't ever change.

The articles of faith of the First Veridican Chuch might change. They might change tomorrow, but that really doesn't matter because there are so few actual Veridicans at this time--and we all agree.

(02-03-2013 09:39 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  And yet, I'm worried that Egor's ultimate reason for loitering here is to confirm his own bias about all atheists. And when we use him as a punching bag for our own frustrations, doesn't that play right into his hands?

It's not my ultimate reason, but studying atheist behavior is one of the reasons, sure. What amazes me is how similar it is. What's grotesque is how similar it is.

Also, if you're going to fight, you can't be running out of the ring. Unless you're in the ring, there is no fight. No
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2013 03:00 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-03-2013 12:19 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 11:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And I could give less of a shit about your black belt, bitch,

When did I ever mention that? In fact, I don't think I've ever mentioned that in this forum.

Goddam you're a fucking idiot. You got one, maybe 2, shots at Girly before I'm on you. Then it's all over bitch, and I'm shoving your head up your ass to drown in your own fecal matter. Taekwondo ain't got no fucking ground game. Bitch.

(02-03-2013 04:52 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Egor : ... is also suffering from Dunning-Kruger : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect
Hadn't heard of that malady before. Thanks Carbon60. Thumbsup

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-03-2013, 02:33 PM
(02-03-2013 02:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-03-2013 06:59 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Serious question now. In your career working in mental health. If you had a patient who heard voices for years that told them to do stuff and they did everything the voices said. What would that be a sign of?

We would call that a command hallucination, a symptom of psychosis. But you don't know what you're talking about, trust me.

(02-03-2013 08:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So you are stuck here with "the lowest form of humanity" which makes you better, how?

Someone trying to do a good deed.

(02-03-2013 09:32 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Also, my post did not claim you would be revising it, only that it may be revised in future.

But you were talking about the Veridican Gospel of Jesus Christ. That's never going to be revised. The tenets, 1. God is monistic in nature, 2. The human purpose is to be Christ (Christ being God conscious of Himself from within His creation). Those will never change, and if I said they would, I was wrong--still growing and trying to figure things out. The tenets won't ever change.

The articles of faith of the First Veridican Chuch might change. They might change tomorrow, but that really doesn't matter because there are so few actual Veridicans at this time--and we all agree.

(02-03-2013 09:39 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  And yet, I'm worried that Egor's ultimate reason for loitering here is to confirm his own bias about all atheists. And when we use him as a punching bag for our own frustrations, doesn't that play right into his hands?

It's not my ultimate reason, but studying atheist behavior is one of the reasons, sure. What amazes me is how similar it is. What's grotesque is how similar it is.

Also, if you're going to fight, you can't be running out of the ring. Unless you're in the ring, there is no fight. No

We're not fighting with you. We are laughing at you, mocking you.
There's nothing to fight about - you are not taken seriously.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
(02-03-2013 02:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  We would call that a command hallucination, a symptom of psychosis. But you don't know what you're talking about, trust me.

And the only difference between you and them is they got the help they needed. About time you did the same.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 4 users Like FSM_scot's post
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
(02-03-2013 02:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  We're not fighting with you. We are laughing at you, mocking you.
There's nothing to fight about - you are not taken seriously.
It is so sad that has to be explained. sigh

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post