I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2014, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2014 08:13 PM by TheLogicalAthiest.)
I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?
Can some one tell me if my thoughts on people like those who would believe the information on sites like http://nstarzone.com/index or http://infowars.com are rational and okay to have?

I value truth above anything and I think that idiots who believe in crazy conspiracy theories like the Jonestown massacre being the result of CIA mind control experiments to be some of the scummiest people to exist. I think people like this who have no common sense or critical thinking skills are limiting the progress of society. These are the type of people who are anti-vax, who prevent stem cell research advancement, who get the teaching of pseudo science like intelligent design into classrooms, and the list goes on. They then promote these lies to other gullable idiots through the internet. I wish people like this didn't exist and that they deserve punishment. All I can think about though is that this is a bit like how Hitler thought when he blamed Germanys problems on the Jews. I think my hatred is more rational though as there is a valid reason to hate these idiots as they do limit the progress of societies advancement and breed dumbass children. They believe in things with no evidence like faith healing and FEMA camps and promote it. To me it is an intellectual crime which damages society and so should be treated like crimes like murder as really these lies are corrupting minds and human potential. Lets theoretically say I was ruler of the entire world, I would attempt to round up all these people and exile them from society.

What are you thoughts on my views, are they valid? If my views are wrong, I want to change them as I don't want to be hate filled and bigoted.

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." - Henry David Thoroeau

Please check out my YouTube channel! Thumbsup http://www.youtube.com/user/1ScottUK
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: I absolutely hate idiots like conspiracy theorist, but is my hate too much?
I say reserve hate for people that KNOWINGLY cause ignorance, abuse, death, etc but don't care, or enjoy it. Whether because they get pleasure or profit from it.

Some conspiracy theorists really believe in the conspiracy theory, and can't understand how no one else can see the "reality/evidence". You can't exactly hate someone like that. Maybe loathe?

I'm using the term "conspiracy theory" here as allegations or beliefs that have proven wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
27-03-2014, 11:51 AM
(23-03-2014 08:09 PM)TheLogicalAthiest Wrote:  Can some one tell me if my thoughts on people like those who would believe the information on sites like http://nstarzone.com/index or http://infowars.com are rational and okay to have?

I value truth above anything and I think that idiots who believe in crazy conspiracy theories like the Jonestown massacre being the result of CIA mind control experiments to be some of the scummiest people to exist. I think people like this who have no common sense or critical thinking skills are limiting the progress of society. These are the type of people who are anti-vax, who prevent stem cell research advancement, who get the teaching of pseudo science like intelligent design into classrooms, and the list goes on. They then promote these lies to other gullable idiots through the internet. I wish people like this didn't exist and that they deserve punishment. All I can think about though is that this is a bit like how Hitler thought when he blamed Germanys problems on the Jews. I think my hatred is more rational though as there is a valid reason to hate these idiots as they do limit the progress of societies advancement and breed dumbass children. They believe in things with no evidence like faith healing and FEMA camps and promote it. To me it is an intellectual crime which damages society and so should be treated like crimes like murder as really these lies are corrupting minds and human potential. Lets theoretically say I was ruler of the entire world, I would attempt to round up all these people and exile them from society.

What are you thoughts on my views, are they valid? If my views are wrong, I want to change them as I don't want to be hate filled and bigoted.

People who believe in conspiracy theories are similar to religious nuts. They start off with a foregone conclusion and make the evidence fit the facts even if they have to bend some of the facts around to make it work. They like to think that only they have all the inside information on the subject. It feed their pathetic egos. I remember reading about the Kennedy assassination supposed "pristine bullet theory" and on one web site they posted the photo of the bullet which on one side is a clean looking bullet but they withhold the other 13 photos of the bullet which show how damaged it is from all the other angles. This web side also "lightened" the photo to make the bullet look even shinier and unfired.

They don't look at the science behind theories or if they do they quote mine their sources and only focus on one small aspect of the science and forget about everything else. Yup, these people are one brick short of a load and I have no patience with them.

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
27-03-2014, 11:58 AM
(23-03-2014 09:17 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I say reserve hate for people that KNOWINGLY cause ignorance, abuse, death, etc but don't care, or enjoy it. Whether because they get pleasure or profit from it.

Some conspiracy theorists really believe in the conspiracy theory, and can't understand how no one else can see the "reality/evidence". You can't exactly hate someone like that. Maybe loathe?

I'm using the term "conspiracy theory" here as allegations or beliefs that have proven wrong.

This. I kinda feel the same way about theists as I do about conspiracy theorists. Someone like Alex Jones is a charlatan, I believe. He spreads things that are outright untrue and he knows they are. He just gets paid a great deal of money to do so. I fucking despise him. However, there are people like my buddy Joe that truly believe that these things are real. He has himself as convinced of the "truth" of 9/11 that his brain simply rejects reality. I once showed him that the temperatures inside the buildings would have been more than sufficient to soften the metal, but he rejected it because he had already decided that it was explosives. These people I feel pity for.

Just like with theists, I'd love to smack them around and show them reality, but it all leads back to "you can lead a horse to water"

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
27-03-2014, 03:09 PM

"If things aren't funny anymore then they're exactly what they are and life is just one long dental appointment interrupted occasionally by something exciting like waiting or falling asleep" Jason Robards in A Thousand Clowns
27-03-2014, 03:14 PM
(27-03-2014 03:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(27-03-2014 11:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(23-03-2014 09:17 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  I say reserve hate for people that KNOWINGLY cause ignorance, abuse, death, etc but don't care, or enjoy it. Whether because they get pleasure or profit from it.

This. I kinda feel the same way about theists as I do about conspiracy theorists. Someone like Alex Jones is a charlatan, I believe. He spreads things that are outright untrue and he knows they are. He just gets paid a great deal of money to do so. I fucking despise him. However, there are people like my buddy Joe that truly believe that these things are real. He has himself as convinced of the "truth" of 9/11 that his brain simply rejects reality. I once showed him that the temperatures inside the buildings would have been more than sufficient to soften the metal, but he rejected it because he had already decided that it was explosives. These people I feel pity for.

Just like with theists, I'd love to smack them around and show them reality, but it all leads back to "you can lead a horse to water"

I don't know just who this Alex Jones is but so many conspiracy advocates have paranoid issues, feel empowered with their "inside knowledge of the truth" and have an ax to grind. When those three aspects are combined into one person what emerges is a conspiracy theorist. They're nuts.

He's a conspiracy nut job who is very much akin to the Jerry Falwells of the theist world. He may have started out believing a few of the conspiracy theories, but he's so disingenuous now that he qualifies as a charlatan. You describe Alex Jones perfectly.

She turned me into a NEWT. I got better, though.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
27-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Hate may be too far, revisiting the pros and cons of eugenics crosses my mind.

Although the tiny minority of conspiracy nuts are annoying, they can be useful, like canaries in a coal mine.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-03-2014, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2014 08:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
My ambition is to be a happy idiot. ... Has been for decades now.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
27-03-2014, 08:25 PM
[/font]I think 'hate' is too strong. Keep in mind there have been, and are conspiracies in the world, so for people to believe in conspiracy theories isn't altogether irrational. 9/11 was the conspiracy of Al Qaeda. Watergate was the conspiracy of Nixon's party members and inner circle. People DO go off the deep end, however this is not a crime and I believe your views on the type of people that believe in conspiracy theories is broad, yet seems only to encompass the things you tend to dislike about other people's beliefs (i.e. anti-vax, pro-FEMA, etc.). Some people will see only what they want, but to then condemn them instead of offering guidance and rationality will only further the void between beliefs. [/font][/font]
27-03-2014, 10:33 PM
I can relate to what sounds like frustration in the OP. One of the things about life I dislike the most, just in terms of daily living (not including the truly terrible and tragic aspects of humanity), is--I think sad to say--having to deal with other people. It only seems to be getting worse as I get older (okay, I'm only 26.. I'm going to be one helluva grouchy senior if I ever make it that far). I just can't stand how incredibly stupid people generally seem to be. I know that sounds arrogant but A) I don't judge people on how much information they know and B) I don't consider myself better or smarter than anyone. I know I'm not. But one thing I think I have learned, thankfully, is HOW to think about things, in terms of what questions to ask or how to read through bullshit... because I genuinely seek insight. This seems to be something a lot of people don't possess, or at least exercise frequently. And that frustrates the fuck out of me. Like, I wonder, why don't people seem more curious? Why don't people ask the deeper questions to the notions they take for granted? Anyway, that's my two cents.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user